CT"s

Jennifer Eccles - NZ filly of the year........

78 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, Nerula said:

I would go so far to say this race should have a prelude at 2200m. The year our girl won (2008) she put the pressure on the whole way and the the ones behind her looked very tired coming back. Many of those had no show of running the race out. Nobody knew if they could.

The point is the step from 2000 to 2400m is a big one. If a filly couldn't run out a 2200m it would be abusive to run it in a 2400m, Imo

Maybe the Te Rapa lead up, name? should be the 2200 coz the 2000m start there is useless. Just adds to the conundrum

Get your Club to change the distance of the Sunline Vase then. :rcf-happy-5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CT"s said:

I’ve got $500 win on Adelaide Ace coming up at the Valley at $1.85 Fixed.
 

Expect the money to come for him late.

Go you good thing! B)

 

I wish you had sent that $500 to me! I'd have given you 10% share in a yearling filly so you could be a real owner too. :rcf-monkey:  I could name her Jennifer Freckles! :rcf-happy-7:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CT"s said:

I’ve got $500 win on Adelaide Ace coming up at the Valley at $1.85 Fixed.
 

Expect the money to come for him late.

Go you good thing! 

If you leave Melody Belle & Jennifer Eccles alone today I'll give you another 10% for free!:rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, arjay said:

Too late the stop is on Jennifer

she is a lovely horse and I hope she wins it. But the current $1.95 FF quote is surely unders from the draw, and with the step up to 2400m.

So couldn't have a proper bet on her imo.

My strategy will be to take her as an anchor on one quaddie ticket so I at least cover her,  and after that playing 6 horses each way and in multiples. Would love to see Kevin H pick up the race with Communique (or Karolino which is not the worst) - top bloke and puts lots in the game. My others at $34 and $81 so should be a fun watch irrespective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CT"s said:

I’ve got $500 win on Adelaide Ace coming up at the Valley at $1.85 Fixed.
 

Expect the money to come for him late.

Go you good thing! B)

 

The stopper strikes again - what a legend!

i greatly fear for his “fathers horse” in the Oaks today .......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

she is a lovely horse and I hope she wins it. But the current $1.95 FF quote is surely unders from the draw, and with the step up to 2400m.

So couldn't have a proper bet on her imo.

My strategy will be to take her as an anchor on one quaddie ticket so I at least cover her,  and after that playing 6 horses each way and in multiples. Would love to see Kevin H pick up the race with Communique (or Karolino which is not the worst) - top bloke and puts lots in the game. My others at $34 and $81 so should be a fun watch irrespective.

Get on Loire Col....she will love the 2400m, JE might not. Pike won the Derby and set her for this a while back. $8.50 great bet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Red Rum said:

OK CT turn the page ,  right Jennifer Eccles , tomorrow,  if we all concentrate tomorrow at the same time , really really really pull together collectively we can get her home .Good positive thoughts .

Good punting tomorrow . 

 

Indeed Red Rum. 
 

Good win by Johnny Allen on Grand Promenade at Caulfield earlier. Was a carbon copy on Adelaide Ace last night. He just wasn’t good enough.

Here comes Jennifer Eccles!! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Jennifer Eccles outstanding....almost went down on the turn! :rcf-shocked-5: WOW! I thought she was down on the deck! :rcf-monkey:

Only good fillys can pick themselves up off the deck and launch like that Baz! Superb ride by Jason! 

And to think she was knocked back at the Sales before the astute Adrian Clark secured her for $8K. B)
 

Can’t wait to see her in Sydney!! B)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic win by Jennifer. 

Congrats to your Dad CT and all the other owners along with Adrian. I knew she wouldn't be taken back to last and it was indeed a superb ride by Jason and nothing less that what you expect from him. ;)

She has certainly cemented her place as NZ Filly Of The Year title winner and a thoroughly deserving winner.

Congratulations to Shaune on a wonderful training feat having her performing right through the season and culminating in three successive black type victories with the G1 NZ Oaks the icing on the cake. 

What a great day. :rcfe-like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She’s a great little filly alright.

I suspect she’s a miler, or a mile and a quarter horse, but she’s putting on a clinic amongst her age group and gender and who knows where it’ll all end up...could be anywhere and she could be anything 

I have to say I’ve never seen a horse pull like it but still quicken off the bridle.....that trait is unique and quite remarkable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Fantastic win by Jennifer. 

Congrats to your Dad CT and all the other owners along with Adrian. I knew she wouldn't be taken back to last and it was indeed a superb ride by Jason and nothing less that what you expect from him. ;)

She has certainly cemented her place as NZ Filly Of The Year title winner and a thoroughly deserving winner.

Congratulations to Shaune on a wonderful training feat having her performing right through the season and culminating in three successive black type victories with the G1 NZ Oaks the icing on the cake. 

What a great day. :rcfe-like:

Cheers Ted!

My father has had some very serious health issues over the last year and the string of wins from this promising filly has given him a new lease of life. 

Very happy for him, Adrian Clark, Shaune, Jason and all the other owners. B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, CT"s said:

Only good fillys can pick themselves up off the deck and launch like that Baz! Superb ride by Jason! 

And to think she was knocked back at the Sales before the astute Adrian Clark secured her for $8K. B)
 

Can’t wait to see her in Sydney!! B)

 

JE Brilliant win , almost on deck , great stuff . Good on your dad .

Levante as well, amazing stuff .

Two very  serious racehorses there . 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Gruff said:

The Sharrock horse looks very interesting. Very tidy Second :rcfe-like:

Very good run Gruff. Hopefully those who download the Boys Get Paid app got plenty of the quinella. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have given Jennifer Eccles' win some thought.  I am trying to think of a more impressive Oaks winner.  I am so old that I remember La Mer.  Please tell me another one.

What we saw yesterday was incredible.

I never ever thought Proisir would throw 2400 metre fillies.  Second and third was a surprise to me.  The possibility exists that John Thompson has a seriously good stallion there, and the service fee is quite reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I have given Jennifer Eccles' win some thought.  I am trying to think of a more impressive Oaks winner.  I am so old that I remember La Mer.  Please tell me another one.

What we saw yesterday was incredible.

I never ever thought Proisir would throw 2400 metre fillies.  Second and third was a surprise to me.  The possibility exists that John Thompson has a seriously good stallion there, and the service fee is quite reasonable.

Proisir's 5th dam was Sunbride, so not surprising that he is pretty good.

Would J.E. have beaten Two Illicit? Don't know but suspect not. J.E., Loire and Showbeel were mixing results but J.E. became dominant over more distance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Phar Lap Fan said:

Proisir's 5th dam was Sunbride, so not surprising that he is pretty good.

Would J.E. have beaten Two Illicit? Don't know but suspect not. J.E., Loire and Showbeel were mixing results but J.E. became dominant over more distance.

Unbeaten since J Waddell has ridden her. :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I have given Jennifer Eccles' win some thought.  I am trying to think of a more impressive Oaks winner.  I am so old that I remember La Mer.  Please tell me another one.

What we saw yesterday was incredible.

I never ever thought Proisir would throw 2400 metre fillies.  Second and third was a surprise to me.  The possibility exists that John Thompson has a seriously good stallion there, and the service fee is quite reasonable.

Great run but quality of opposition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now