Levin

Foxton

Feilding

Bulls

Stratford

and Awapuni out of action

plus  how many up     in  top north n  south  

What a bloody mess, but am I surprised?

Of course not, but as Gary Chittick used to say before he bailed out/gave up preaching to his seven followers, my five followers also know what and where it has gone wrong. After all you have heard it so often from me!

Pam you are 100% correct, so obviously you are one of the seven who has listened. 😁

How do we get the glitterati who were on on TV last to listen, learn and correct what is going so wrong?

I can't even see where they are going to squeeze the Lowland and the 3yo race , 6 northerners and 5 CD horses , so the northern horses won't want trip down again and run on Sunday or those northern horses in the 3yo race , and to be honest most of the CD horses travel not far less than the northern ones to get to Hastings  . Add the Lowland to Ellerslie on Saturday ? Can't see the CD horses tripping north at short notice .

Possibly the best option is Otaki next Wednesday , still means a trip for the northerners but gives horses a reasonable space before the Oaks , but that in itself is another even bigger trip to Trentham .

I know the solution ! Get the effin tracks right in the first place .

I've been saying this for years , spend the money and get the absolute best track man from overseas here , whatever the cost , we are flush at the moment .

24 minutes ago, Pam Robson said:

Was a really good idea, scuttling Gisborne/Wairoa in favour of Hastings.

Geez , along with Waipuk , there's a lot of cups run at Hastings .

As you say Pam adding all those meetings to the ones they ran themselves are we surprised that the track can't handle it .

12 minutes ago, Insider said:

But it was run in the Spring in those days.

But after they moved away from Opaki they raced it in March from memory mostly at Trentham and the odd time at Tauherenikau

23 minutes ago, canon47 said:

Mulebacker wrong regarding jockeys riding fee They only get paid IF their horse is saddled and enters the birdcage

Jockeys get paid their riding fee after they weigh out prior to the race.

50 minutes ago, gubellini said:

mulebacker you are wrong. Jockeys don't get paid for the races abandoned. Owners and trainers miss out as well. The float fee from Waikato to Hastings would be about $700-$800 per horse.

Not quite true. For abandoned meetings:

Jockeys.
Where a Jockey is not able to fulfil any
riding engagements due to the
abandonment.
$300
Where a Jockey has ridden in 1 race on the
day but was unable to fulfil further
engagements due to the abandonment.
$200
Where a Jockey has travelled from one
Racing Region to any other Racing Region.
$200, in addition to the amount paid as
above.
Where a Jockey was able to fulfil 2 or more riding engagements before the meeting was
abandoned no compensation is paid.

If its ALL about safety then Abandon the meeting when the surface is rated Good and rain is forecast for the day of the meet - That will get rid of 1/3 of summer meets

And everyone will be happy - I doubt - But dont waste peoples time and money getting the horses there when Again and Again ang Again they pull the plug on such surfaces

Funnily enuf these didnt happen 20 years ago. 

RIding is an inherently dangerous occupation - you can only mitigate risk so far  -Most recent deaths were due to horses being smashed or bad luck -not from the riding surface

2 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

It was a really nice day here in the Bay, and then it clouded over pretty quickly and we had a really good downpour (out in Havelock North anyway) which lasted about 5 mins, its stopped now and the sun is trying to break thru again.

Thats pretty much what was forecasted rain later in the day , I checked the forecast before I  had a decent punt and preyed the forecast was wrong , fortunately that was in the 2nd to last race and my bet was refunded , I live to punt another day . 

I don't believe the sh-t that comes on here about tracks. Let's put things in perspective.

Track had 5 mil of irrigation over 7 days with temperature in the late 20's for most days, simple question is do you have a track at a true 5 morning of the races and if it's fine come back to a 4 which should suit everything, or have a 4 morning of the races and get rain and can't race , to me it's a f..kg no brainer.

There is a on going problem with track ratings prior to racing in NZ which needs addressing , to many times track ratings don't stack up with times run and slow to up/down grade, for fudge sake let's actually have our eyes open to the fact that climate change is going to play a part in our weather and adjust accordingly.

The money has been increased  to help the industry to be let down by a few that effect so many, 

STOP PLAYING RUSSIAN ROULETTE WITH OUR RACE DAYS 

5 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

What a joke what was all the blurb they put out a couple of weeks ago..what a load of bollocks the track is Donald Ducked but it is not alone in that respect...pour all the money you want into stakes but if the tracks are stuffed what's the point...its almost to the stage where there is not a decent track left....but hey things are good just keep the blinkers on and charge forward.

Entain and this Cameron Rodger dude are onto it .. NOT

2 hours ago, SameOld said:

9.40pm and still no stewards report… 

When was the last time we lost a Jockey due to the track conditions they are describing as dangerous? The Talented Yanagida passed doing something he loved on a perfect track and given today's parameters they would of abandoned Grumpy Vances Blue Denims Cup

Following a shower of rain which occurred after the running of Race 4, a delegation of Riders approached Stewards regarding a potential safety concern with moisture on what they considered to be a firm racing surface. A track inspection was undertaken involving Jockeys, Stewards and the Track Manager. Following this inspection a meeting was convened involving Stewards, Jockeys and Club representatives. Whilst this meeting was in progress further heavy rain commenced to fall, with the remainder of the meeting being abandoned due to safety concerns.