RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Cubes

Hot Fuss

The Cubmeister is pretty sure no-one out there in 'Caferland gives a flying toss , but anywhoo.......

This is how the Pins mare in the last @ Riccarton on Saturday got her name....

Cubes went up to Karaka for the first (and last) time back in January 2016

Obviously wanting to rule the world by way of dominating South Island Racing , the Cubinator had got prior management permission (i.e. Mrs Cubes had been bribed into agreeing) to purchase 4 yearlings and bring them back down South and win everything from Guineas to Karaka millions and become rich and famous....

However...

Basically Cubes lost his bottle in the auction ring and got very hot and sweaty and the thoroughbreds we wanted seemed to go for gazillions over our budget and it was very stressful and Cubes is cheap so doesn't want to pay too much and it was very hot and we only went to the Festival sale which is the last day out of 6 but then Cubity had a couple of beers and managed to pick out two fillies eventually...pheww !!!

And then they went to George Simon's place for agistmentness and Shelley Houston for breaking in and then came South and then did not much and then trialled and one is an absolute donkey but then we had to decide on names and over numerous glasses of vino collapso nothing was ever agreed on and then the Trainer got stroppy and said they couldn't start without a name and then Mrs Cubes pushed the eject button on the CD player in the car and "Hot Fuss" by the Killers popped out and that is how the Pins mare in the last @ Riccarton got her name .

Where a Holden Kingswood is concerned Chevy, I think this story will probably be sufficient.

All the best for Saturday Cubes. I hope we'll meet again in three weeks though you may well have the home ground advantage.

Just as a heads up for out of towners we got quite a bit of rain here during the evening last night. I see NZR site has it at 3mm - felt a bit more than that. Just watch first couple to see how it races after 10mm irrigation on Wed night.

Looks pretty clear rain wise rest of day so fingers crossed it does race perfect. Some really nice racing today to complement Hawkes Bay and Aussie. Cup Week looming !!!

On 10/6/2018 at 9:02 AM, chelseacol said:

Just as a heads up for out of towners we got quite a bit of rain here during the evening last night. I see NZR site has it at 3mm - felt a bit more than that. Just watch first couple to see how it races after 10mm irrigation on Wed night.

Looks pretty clear rain wise rest of day so fingers crossed it does race perfect. Some really nice racing today to complement Hawkes Bay and Aussie. Cup Week looming !!!

mmm what a tragedy for the club on such a big day. Might have to take some hours off Tuesday to go and support them turnover wise

On 10/5/2018 at 7:23 AM, Cunnamulla said:

Great choice of music there. The Killers are my favourite band, and Mr Brightside, on that album, is my favourite song ever. For that reason alone I hope the horse does well.

Have a listen to the Wonderful Album CM.......different class.....:rcfe-like:

11 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Have a listen to the Wonderful Album CM.......different class.....:rcfe-like:

Great show they played here - heck of a live band too.

Lovely morning here in Chch - not a cloud in the sky - bit of dew on the grass. Fingers crossed for today at Riccarton and good luck Cubes

Ahhhh..... the vagaries of the King of Sports - or is that the Sport of Kings? I'm on my third Aussie Shiraz. Commiserations Cubes. Maybe if you hadn't had your fifteen seconds of fame on TV things may have been different. However, being the super-optimists as are we racing folk this run simply means that, by the law of averages, the next will bring a much better result. Will maybe meet again, , same place on the 27th when we may be able to commiserate together with Chelseacol. Who knows. I have to get through 1600 metres at Timaru on Friday first,  and the weather looks shocking for that too but Swing Note has waded through the mud at Pukekohe for second so........ show me an owner and I'll show you an optimist.