RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Guerin

Just when I thought it was safe to decommission the mute button because Sweeney was AWOL, who should pop up but that germ Guerin calling Mark du Plessis "2 plus 4"! Typical  smart-mouth Guerin getting it wrong. Does not look as though 2016 is going to offer any relief to my auditory modality.

Must admit the D.A,  B.P ,Sweens etc etc etc has got very old. If they want to talk to each other like that in private then great but leave it there. Must admit I find pet names for drivers and jockey's just as annoying.

I actually like Mick Guerin. He knows horse racing and has an excellent understanding of betting and framing markets. He's a genuine gambler and we are fortunate to have a presenter that knows which way is up.

I recall watching a female Trackside presenter talking about American races she was presenting. She openly admitted not knowing what 9/4 and 5/2 etc mean. Do you really want a presenter like that straight off the school bus?

What I'd really like with Mick Guerin is allowing him to say what he really thinks about things on air. I've spoken to him privately and he's even more critical than most of us on here yet he's a poodle on a short leash on air. He's got his tongue right up Petone's arse purely for self preservation. Mick knows he would be red carded faster than Osama Bin Laden if he does not fully tow the Petone line. Sad really as he would be 10 x the presenter he is now if he was allowed to be Mick Guerin.  

I heard Mick on a sports radio show one day and he was actually very clever, quick and funny.

Great to see someone else gets annoyed by those bloody stupid initials the other presenters call each other by. 

And when they interview trainers and call them by initials as well I sometimes wonder if they trainers have ever been referred to like that before and if they must wonder what the hell is going on.

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I heard Mick on a sports radio show one day and he was actually very clever, quick and funny.

Great to see someone else gets annoyed by those bloody stupid initials the other presenters call each other by. 

And when they interview trainers and call them by initials as well I sometimes wonder if they trainers have ever been referred to like that before and if they must wonder what the hell is going on.

Double you dee - you are so correct :D

10 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Bring back Luke Radich. Clear standout presenter now practicing law in Nelson.

+1.

Easily my favourite presenter, had a great knowledge and understanding of all 3 racing industry's and sport as well.

Can't blame him for leaving tho can ya!!

Guerin #2

Davis #3

Sweeney

58 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Does being fat ,bald old and ugly prevent you from being on trackside,if not i'm in.

I like calling people by their nicknames,unfortunately a profanity usually precedes it, other wise i'm good to go.

Haven't you seen TFC?  Don't know about the ugly bit to be fair, but definitely not George Clooney like.

I've got a bar in Pukekohe, and we've been having problems with pests out the back where the rubbish is.

Stray cats, rats, drifters and even a few Maoris loitering there, pissing everywhere, even sleeping in the rubbish.

I tried everything to get rid of them but had no luck, until I put a TV out there with a tape of Michael Geurin talking on a repeating loop.

Bingo, all the pests have gone, disappeared.

18 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Started when some 1/2wit started calling the All Blacks the AB's. 

I remember as a young fella and being mates with a lot of the riders at the time we called each other by our initials eg.

Noel Harris - NGH,  Johnny Harris - JF,  Bruce Marsh  - RB, Garry Phillips  (GA),  David Witthington  (DJ) Chris McNab  (CP), Maurice Campbell (MRC)  Brent Thompson  (BP), etc etc and of course there was WD & RJ among the older ones at the time. I still refer to them the same way to this day.    

Just to confuse matters BP can also be Pops on occasions. The late and not lamented Russell Jackson, otherwise known as Goober, used to use it regularly.

As far as Mick Guerin is concerned, he is streets ahead of the pack. Actually knows what he's talking about and doesn't glory in his own wondrous ability quite as much as Mr Davis.

Also probably not appropriate to call Elizabeth Whelan EW. Getting into Chris Gayle territory.

I still think Marc Cookson should be used as an insomnia remedy. My wife can't understand why I mute the TV every time he appears. The absolute worst ever and that is really saying something.

If you're reading this Marc for God's sake just go...