RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mulebacker

Is the Ellerslie straight still uphill after the renovations ?

2 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

I see Paul Wilcox shedding a few tears at Ellerslie. Dont worry chappie I do it regularly 

Good on him on a job well done with his team the track looked to be racing in fantastic order....once the rail is in the true position things will even out more and be able to win from anywhere...good crowd there to for a change. KM night will be huge for them and some great racing on the night.We now have one world class facility in NZ just need a few more.

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

Seems very much like an on-pace bias at the moment, unless you're Legarto and lengths better than your opponents. Hopefully it evens out. 

I think that was more to do with a bunch of front runners trying to slow the tempo to Telegraph speed in most races.

4 minutes ago, Insider said:

The new Ellerslie track is a 'sort of synthetic track', so are you saying that you will refuse to bet there?

Absolutely not. I will definitely be betting there.

I don't class that as a synthetic track at all hence why it's not labeled a synthetic track like Cambridge. 

In my eyes they couldn't be more different!!

1 minute ago, Aaron The Anchor said:

Absolutely not. I will definitely be betting there.

I don't class that as a synthetic track at all hence why it's not labeled a synthetic track like Cambridge. 

In my eyes they couldn't be more different!!

Thanks for clarifying.

i haven't been to Ellerslie for 10 yrs as I no longer live in Auckland but with all the changes it took a while to figure out the starting points on TV

What is happening to the public car park at the top of the straight?Sold?

Synthetic racing certainly has its part to play throughout the Winter, that’s what they were designed for,

Our grass tracks cannot cope with a full winter hammering and be expected to be ready for Spring racing.

No Waipa, Dargaville, TeTeko, Gisborne, they used to have their place in the Calendar.