puha

George Simon / Luke Radich. Weigh in

18 posts in this topic

Happened to catch these two discussing the report . George was limited in his understanding and was gung ho in saying let’s jump in and adopt the report 100%  also claiming it’s tough in the breeding game . Sold some beauties in the last few years I recall. Luke was from a different angle  and seemed very knowledgeable and was very wary of diving . If someone can post that interview here it helps us all have a better understanding and broader picture .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, premixer said:

Was great seeing Luke back on the screen.

Have to say I have been really enjoying weigh in, particulary the fact that they are not just sugar coating everything and are critical of NZ Racing where needed, refreshing after the usual circle jerk some of the other shows have been.

Agree it’s  critical at times but not personal and has the right amount of humour. Back on par with the first season. Thumbs up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much have we missed Luke in the last ten years????!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He spoke more sense in one hour than anyone ever has in his absence. George spoke with his usual "north of Taupo" bias that was littered with illogical calls. Luke actually "gets" racing. He is willing to listen to, combine, assess, and formulise ideas to do with the industry for the good of ALL. He can see through the crap as well - a quality that is part of the new Weigh In and why is has been more popular this time around.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THE TORCH said:

How much have we missed Luke in the last ten years????!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He spoke more sense in one hour than anyone ever has in his absence. George spoke with his usual "north of Taupo" bias that was littered with illogical calls. Luke actually "gets" racing. He is willing to listen to, combine, assess, and formulise ideas to do with the industry for the good of ALL. He can see through the crap as well - a quality that is part of the new Weigh In and why is has been more popular this time around.

 

Yep - thought Luke was outstanding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

How much have we missed Luke in the last ten years????!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

He spoke more sense in one hour than anyone ever has in his absence. George spoke with his usual "north of Taupo" bias that was littered with illogical calls. Luke actually "gets" racing. He is willing to listen to, combine, assess, and formulise ideas to do with the industry for the good of ALL. He can see through the crap as well - a quality that is part of the new Weigh In and why is has been more popular this time around.

 

North of Auckland mate all about the Love of the Logan stable . :) Luke should be involved directly after listening to his take on the racing industry and how we can move forward . You think George would of learnt from his ancestors and don’t sell your assests for pittance. I was actually shocked by his lets  just adopt these recommendations lock stock n barrel but when questioned he had no  argument to back up the his statement .Luke could possibly bring all sides together with his commonsense rational and that can only be good for all of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A breath of fresh air Puha. To hear someone ask the questions, put forward sensible opinion and suggestions without just toeing the party line was refreshing. He has always been reasonably outspoken and not afraid to question things that don't seem right. Like a lot of us, he obviously thinks there are plenty of fishhooks in the Messara Report and while serious consideration needs to be given to some of the recommendations, jumping in feet first and accepting it as Gospel might not be the smartest move for NZ Racing in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

A breath of fresh air Puha. To hear someone ask the questions, put forward sensible opinion and suggestions without just toeing the party line was refreshing. He has always been reasonably outspoken and not afraid to question things that don't seem right. Like a lot of us, he obviously thinks there are plenty of fishhooks in the Messara Report and while serious consideration needs to be given to some of the recommendations, jumping in feet first and accepting it as Gospel might not be the smartest move for NZ Racing in the long run.

Agree a few people I have spoken to seem to be saying adopt it all because it’s better than doing nothing  but like Luke said it doesn’t have to be an all or nothing approach. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonkatime said:

Agree a few people I have spoken to seem to be saying adopt it all because it’s better than doing nothing  but like Luke said it doesn’t have to be an all or nothing approach. 

Too true Tonka, but it has to be SOMETHING. otherwise nothing changes. Some clubs have to bite the bullet, look the job squarely in the eyes and close down, buy their courses among themselves and just run trials once a month or whatever, but nothing will change until some body makes the first move. Then, and only then, will the pain begin to subside and other inventive ideas will emerge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tonkatime said:

Agree a few people I have spoken to seem to be saying adopt it all because it’s better than doing nothing  but like Luke said it doesn’t have to be an all or nothing approach. 

You say that it doesnt have to be all or nothing but didnt Winston say except this or you are on your own or something to that affect

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheldon Murtha & Luck Radich are a class above any Trackside presenters we have. Awesome to see both back on Trackside. Luke is a very smart individual and should be listened to. Maybe he should throw his hat in the ring to run NZ Racing? He has always had the passion and smarts for a top racing administrator!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interesting, good to see that interview. Sheldon and Luke are certainly a class above most others going around in the industry intellectually. Good to see a relative outsider like Luke who actually knows something about the industry being able to look at and understand the bigger picture. To often we get total outsiders with no knowledge of the industry at all brought in to provide the "fresh ideas", something that has never been successful to date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 7:18 PM, puha said:

North of Auckland mate all about the Love of the Logan stable . :) Luke should be involved directly after listening to his take on the racing industry and how we can move forward . You think George would of learnt from his ancestors and don’t sell your assests for pittance. I was actually shocked by his lets  just adopt these recommendations lock stock n barrel but when questioned he had no  argument to back up the his statement .Luke could possibly bring all sides together with his commonsense rational and that can only be good for all of us.

So they should Donnas a legend:rcf-in-love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Mardy said:

Think Luke goes pretty well in the courtroom,which is why he left Trackside.A shame that he did,as he definitely knows his stuff when it comes to racing.

Seems to have a better grasp than anyone I’ve heard to be honest.Certainly made GS look like a possum in the headlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now