shaneMcAlister

Cattle at Frankton are making more

The Rider Horse NZ had a dispersal sale had 121 lots sold for a total of $192,000.  Average price was $1,586, medium $500.  22 horses sold for $100.

Cattle in Frankton sale yards average more.  In fact sheep would sell for more than $100.

Edited by shaneMcAlister

3 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

The Rider Horse NZ had a dispersal sale had 121 lots sold for a total of $192,000.  Average price was $1,586, medium $500.  22 horses sold for $100.

Cattle in Frankton sale yards average more.  In fact sheep would sell for more than $100.

That was a serious glut of MK and MF offspring onto market in one lot Shane , 

.  Let's hope they all end up finding a home in end  ,.

Leg of lamb I got the other day 30 bucks so there's some profit in sheep , was nice though .

7 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I would have been interested in one or two at $100. Was that petfoods dare I ask, though I know petfoods are having trouble getting rid of offal these days and can't take more than a couple at a time.

5 hours ago, Red Rum said:

That was a serious glut of MK and MF offspring onto market in one lot Shane , 

.  Let's hope they all end up finding a home in end  ,.

Leg of lamb I got the other day 30 bucks so there's some profit in sheep , was nice though .

30 for a leg of lamb  that's cheaper  than the ones here, looking 50 or 60 at normal price.

One could wonder why more folk don't take a punt with some of these horses , but I guess any inexpensive purchase price is soon forgotten once the cost of housing,caring and preparing a horse becomes a reality.

Even those who prepare horses for resale must baulk at the ever rising costs especially of labour !.

With the costs increasing again ,the resilience of the NZ owner regularly happy to race for $10k total stake has to be marvelled at !