Pete Lane

RaceCafe Tips Thread Updated Daily

57 minutes ago, Alf Riston said:

Interesting first race at Rosehill - if you took a photo on straightening I think it would be very similar to the post shot.

Maybe 2 positions changed and distances mostly maintained.

Just one race but nothing could make ground so interested to see if a leaders day develops🤔

Not too different at Ellerslie. 

Some interest today at Warwick Farm, as NZ racing underwhelming…..:rolleyes:

R2 For Victory…$3.50 good form looks better than these

R4 Will be cheering Until Valhalla ( $6.50 ) to knock off Kandinsky Abstract

Team expecting it to go well first up…..👏

R6  Dashing Legend $7 and Quick Tempo $6

Looks like some very juicy early divvies available for Randwick, if you take the punt that the track will be heavy, inside rail off and a number of scratchings will reduce the field sizes. The forecast for late Friday, early Saturday looks bleak. It won't take much money to multi up a couple of $3 to $6 place divvies for a nice weekend.

I'll leave the easy task of actually selecting them to you. Just a thought.

7 minutes ago, Littletramp said:

Looks like some very juicy early divvies available for Randwick, if you take the punt that the track will be heavy, inside rail off and a number of scratchings will reduce the field sizes. The forecast for late Friday, early Saturday looks bleak. It won't take much money to multi up a couple of $3 to $6 place divvies for a nice weekend.

I'll leave the easy task of actually selecting them to you. Just a thought.

I would have thought the TAB would counter these variables with a high percentage book to protect them from "no deductions" but they seem to be running the TJ and the Derby at around 125-130% which is not too bad I guess.  I remember seeing 150%+ last winter I think it was at Tauranga prior to a heavy rain warning, at a meeting with many dual nom runners.

Looks a good chance of 'Immortal' Double at Caulfield today.🏆💰🍻

IMMORTAL STAR in the first race shortly into >> FIRST IMMORTAL in Race 9. (who's spose to be a good thing today) Hoping to get a nice sit with my 50 bucks at 7-1 after R1.  

Sticking with Cascadian in the QE Stakes on Saturday. Arguably nothing beats the import but if PofJenni goes berserk and Cascadian can track the hot pot into the race and have the last dive....

I would be happier if Blake Shinn had stuck on but 9s/3s is decent money each way. 

22 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Sticking with Cascadian in the QE Stakes on Saturday. Arguably nothing beats the import but if PofJenni goes berserk and Cascadian can track the hot pot into the race and have the last dive....

I would be happier if Blake Shinn had stuck on but 9s/3s is decent money each way. 

Ease up boss.  We cant be giving those Bonecrusher folks any oil for the weekend 😂

Here’s one for the adventurous…..:rolleyes:

Morphettville R7 - Judge Jenni ( owned by Pride of Jenni crew ) 

Maiden  - on form and ratings no hope. Maher stable’s only horse at the meeting, Froggy Newitt riding. 
Like the way it has hit the line…now up from 1400 to 1800m.

$51 and $9 FO. Worth watching.

Kallos in R8 much better placed today. 6kg swing on Queman from recent race. $7-8 good value. Benedetta the obvious danger.

10 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Here’s one for the adventurous…..:rolleyes:

Morphettville R7 - Judge Jenni ( owned by Pride of Jenni crew ) 

Maiden  - on form and ratings no hope. Maher stable’s only horse at the meeting, Froggy Newitt riding. 
Like the way it has hit the line…now up from 1400 to 1800m.

$51 and $9 FO. Worth watching.

Kallos in R8 much better placed today. 6kg swing on Queman from recent race. $7-8 good value. Benedetta the obvious danger.

Less said the better…not sure what the stable was thinking there. Keep an eye on it though.

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Three for Mornington today.

R5 Puketiro….classy NZ mare… always liked her $15/4.50 great money

R8 Strawberry Rock $7/2.50 big run behind Mark Twain last start

R9 Stable say Pintoff ready to go $6.50/2.40

:rcfe-like:

Puketiro looks like crazy overs if you consider the way she won last time.  The $3.30 fave may have been running 3rd to Hawaii Five Oh last year but its coming off a 10 month spell and looks short of its best distance so may be a hit out.  

R8 Blue Sky At Night was one I have been following since the spring.  Was $18 on Wednesday but someones slammed it all the way down to $8.50 this morning.

Also dont mind Imprevu in R1 although interesting to note after Wiremu jumped off her on KM night when running 4th, he said she would be better left-handed and up to 1400m.  But shes found herself back at Ellerslie in a 1200m.  Perhaps he didnt relay that feedback back to trainer 🙃

I'm very keen on New Energy in R6 at Randwick today.  I reckon $4.20 is good money.

Import who ran on very well for second in first Sydney start, then ran only 14th in the George Ryder (1500m) but was very strong at and through the line - looking for more distance.  Steps up to 2000m today and had a very quiet trial a week or so ago to top it off for this.

Couldn't wish for a better jockey.

On 4/20/2024 at 6:40 AM, Ohokaman said:

Three for Mornington today.

R5 Puketiro….classy NZ mare… always liked her $15/4.50 great money

R8 Strawberry Rock $7/2.50 big run behind Mark Twain last start

R9 Stable say Pintoff ready to go $6.50/2.40

:rcfe-like:

Nice runs from all three without winning.

Puketiro never got a crack from back in the field so follow her.

Strawberry Rock a dead set stayer so look out if he turns up in longer race ( Ramsden ? )

Pintoff ok just behind them first up, will improve.

Thought Fashion Shoot finished well in first Oz run. Needs further than 1200m.

On 4/20/2024 at 12:46 PM, say no more said:

I'm very keen on New Energy in R6 at Randwick today.  I reckon $4.20 is good money.

Import who ran on very well for second in first Sydney start, then ran only 14th in the George Ryder (1500m) but was very strong at and through the line - looking for more distance.  Steps up to 2000m today and had a very quiet trial a week or so ago to top it off for this.

Couldn't wish for a better jockey.

Too aggressive for 2000m according to JMac. Ground probably didn’t help either. They will find a nice race for it at 1600m.

A few at good odds today..

Te Rapa -Pennsylvania $18, Irish Legacy $8.50, Lingjun Xiongfeng $$26

Rosehill - Amelita in the first at $18. Nice trial recently for Waller.

Morphettville R7. Waller and JMac Concello $6. Wings of Song $6.50 the danger.

On 4/27/2024 at 11:42 AM, Ohokaman said:

A few at good odds today..

Te Rapa -Pennsylvania $18, Irish Legacy $8.50, Lingjun Xiongfeng $$26

Rosehill - Amelita in the first at $18. Nice trial recently for Waller.

Morphettville R7. Waller and JMac Concello $6. Wings of Song $6.50 the danger.

I thought Lingjun Xiongfeng looked overs, run to bad to be true.

Today at Ruakaka No agenda Nigel looks very interesting, Billy Jacobson fell asleep on what looks a next up winner at Matamata last week ,with a bit of luck he can turn that type of form around. Best of luck 

20240501_123647.jpg