RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pete Lane

RaceCafe Tips Thread Updated Daily

Hope our filly Reasonable can get her first win at Hawkesbury today…..👏   Pier Pressure in the last.

Stable like Berkshire Shadow at Flemington, has to give weight to Amenable but good form in UK.

Have to stick with Apache Anne at Trentham ( $11 ) been disappointing lately but better than that.

22 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

That's quite harsh - she has ridden 16 winners at Ellerslie from 521 rides. Ok strike rate is poor but not shockingly poor.

I stand corrected I heard somewhere she had not ridden one there...still as you say strike rate is poor...have a good weekend....you too Memphis.

19 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

Yes a bit harsh. Unlike nearly every jockey in NZ she has also won a race in Saudi Arabia. Love to see her take the cup back to Whangaehu. The party would be long 

harsh but true...facts are facts.

25 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Geez how different is to listen to Justin Evans compared to T Lee this guy just loves to hear himself talk...blah blah blah...an expert tipster too...what can't he do LOL.

Yeh such a waste having T Lee on the sidelines. Just another strange decision. 

Is it just me or has Ellerslie had bugger all lead up time on Trackside today?  Waste of time having Leith, BP, Emily and Aiden on course (to be fair some may argue its a waste of time most weeks).  Seems like Ellerslie is always hard up the ass of Flemington and coverage switches from the Flemington winning post to horses being loaded at Ellerslie.

EDIT TO ADD: Just rewound to have a look.. Flemington finishes and we get to Ellerslie 2 mins 50 secs prior to the jump of a Group 1.   Poor.  

2 minutes ago, Pak Star said:

Is it just me or has Ellerslie had bugger all lead up time on Trackside today?  Waste of time having Leith, BP, Emily and Aiden on course (to be fair some may argue its a waste of time most weeks).  Seems like Ellerslie is always hard up the ass of Flemington and coverage switches from the Flemington winning post to horses being loaded at Ellerslie.

Trackside Premier 64.

Warren Kennedy very soft suspension today.  Lord knows why a rider would use the whip 9 times prior to the 100m in a R65 at Ashburton.  They weren't exactly light taps either.

Anyhow he currently sits 9 in front of Mcnab on the premiership but now has to sit out a week - laws of averages would have Mcnab get 3-4 in that time. 

Do we dare say Mcnab at $3 to win the premiership is decent value?  Remember he is a machine on the Cambridge Synthetic come winter time..

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

WTF cut from the Golden Slipper to a shit race at Eagle Farm...why not put the shyte races on 2 ..they will never learn.

They usually switch to Qld after NZ races and that’s prob what they did but ffs when it’s the Golden Slipper just leave it on the other channel. It’s like it’s automated with no human in put. The computer rules. Having said all that Brisbane races were on Trackside 1 all day which was weird as it was a major day In Oz. Can’t work it out. 

Reasonable having another go Wednesday on the Kensington. ( $ 4.20 ) Surprised they are keeping her to 1300m as she needs further.

Jason Collett riding a plus, so expect her to be ridden quietly this time and we’ll see. Stablemate with blinkers on a chance too. 
Nymphadora in R3 seems way over the odds @ $31 with Nash riding. Has ability and shorter suits.

City of Lights in R8 looks one of the better bets of the day.

:rcfe-like:

Surprising to see ex Kiwi Chevron favourite in our R2. Hoping JC can get the right run with her……👏

Nymphadora halved quote with scratchings. Wallers filly Useapin very impressive at trials, looks the danger.

City of Lights very short now. Awesome Wonder fresh up now looks better value.

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Surprising to see ex Kiwi Chevron favourite in our R2. Hoping JC can get the right run with her……👏

Nymphadora halved quote with scratchings. Wallers filly Useapin very impressive at trials, looks the danger.

City of Lights very short now. Awesome Wonder fresh up now looks better value.

It's not the same Chevron is it?

15 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Cascadian and Atishu for mine in Aus cup. Old guy was at $20s, now down to $7.5.

Don’t know how Legarto went up $15, now into $12. Can win with the right run.

Agree Atishu and Cascadian will be tough here, love the track. Stable are confident with Pride of Jenni too so will be interesting.

15 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

Cascadian and Atishu for mine in Aus cup. Old guy was at $20s, now down to $7.5.

Cascadian a real favourite of mine but was expecting longer odds than $7.50. Obviously a lot of confidence around.

He's looking as bright as ever this time in and this race does look ideal so hoping for the win to take him over the $10m earnings mark. Then the TAB comments might rate him more than 'handy' 🙄

8 hours ago, Alf Riston said:

Cascadian a real favourite of mine but was expecting longer odds than $7.50. Obviously a lot of confidence around.

He's looking as bright as ever this time in and this race does look ideal so hoping for the win to take him over the $10m earnings mark. Then the TAB comments might rate him more than 'handy' 🙄

Yeah, I got on at $21s after his first run in Sydney where, to put it politely, the jockey did not exert himself!

Will be a good test. 9 is getting on but he is pretty tough. 

Interesting first race at Rosehill - if you took a photo on straightening I think it would be very similar to the post shot.

Maybe 2 positions changed and distances mostly maintained.

Just one race but nothing could make ground so interested to see if a leaders day develops🤔

8 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So now with Doomben off they shove a shit Beaudesert instead of more time on the decent races...they are really clueless...morons.

I was thinking exactly the same thing. What the hell is wrong with them!