Pete Lane

RaceCafe Tips Thread Updated Daily

These are the horses I see as value bets today. I don't expect them all to win. You're welcome to critique them but please be nice about it 😏.

Te Rapa

1. Ruach

Giant Gem

2. Shoes

4. Sadler's Chick

6. Candycane

7. Dragon Leap

8. Self Obsession

9. Tevere 

10. Divine Sava

Riverton

5. Elusive Ten

7. Proposal

Welcome aboard Pete... I will take a shot...I am hit and miss LOL

Race 7 Malt Time...huge run last start with slipped saddle...hot field but I think will run well

Race 8 Platinum Invader running into form always goes well this time of year.

race 9 Dragon Queen, bad draw but gets back hope she will be steaming home...would love to see her win again.

lets see how we go...good luck to all punting today and lets join in here with your tips...its good info for all...and good fun.

One of my black bookers in today at Riverton (lovely little town)

R8 Phyllite  - I backed it in a H2H last start.  Stipe comment states "Held up throughout the run home going to the line not fully tested by its rider", but I'm not sure he even tried that hard to find a gap.   Has won on the course before. 

Here we go: 

Te Rapa

Race 1: 1 Funtonic

Race 2: 8 Shoes

Race 3: 9 Bitcoin

Race 4: 11 Canheroc

Race 5: 5 Family Ties

Race 6: 10 Candycane

Race 7: 1 Levante 

Race 7: 10 Malt Time (roguhie)

Race 8: 2 Justamaiz

Race 9: 4 Paisley Park 

Race 10: 11 Divine Sava 

Good Luck All!

Good morning Gentlemen, Good luck on your Big Group racing Day and Tips.

Flemington is my favourite of all places to Punt as Every horse always gets a chance . 

Peter Moody firing on all of his huge 9 cylinders lately too and has SIGH (race 4) and VICTORY BAY (race 8  ) all primed for a Jamie Kah double. Excellent finishing horses.

And kiwi lad Mickey DEE fresh off a Vic Derby win , all set to win Chester Manifold today with NICOLINI VITO (outstanding in a Flemington 1400m last start , Best of Day) 

there you go , a handy Flemington treble at 40-1. 

2 minutes ago, say no more said:

One of my black bookers in today at Riverton (lovely little town)

R8 Phyllite  - I backed it in a H2H last start.  Stipe comment states "Held up throughout the run home going to the line not fully tested by its rider", but I'm not sure he even tried that hard to find a gap.   Has won on the course before. 

The town is low on water. 

Based on Te Rapa often being a one lane track I think Babylon Berlin, if it jumps ok from BP 2, can lead and win the Railway. Not as good as Levante etc, but is value at $12s and change. Gets a weight pull off the hot shots and has excellent course stats. 

Happy punting to all of you. 

These ones were just in my black book / favourited for today.. Looks like they are black bookers for a few others too. 

Te Rapa

R2 - To Catch A Thief

R4 - Contemplation and Ess Vee Are

R5 - Skew Wiff (was favourited prior to last weeks second to Legarto. Go again I reckon)

Riverton

R8 - Phyllite

1 hour ago, Theladdownsouth said:

OK team let's get this off the ground TE RAPA Quaddie 

Leg 1) 1

Leg 2) 1,4,5,6,7,9,10,11

Leg 3) 1,2,3,4,6,8,9,11,12

Leg 4) 2,3,11,12,13,18

Time to kick off 2023 in style. 

Leg 1: 1-5-8-10

Leg 2: 1-2-6-7-9

Leg 3: 1-3-4-10-12-16

Leg 4: 2-6-11

My two for Te Rapa are Prowess and Canheroc ( unlucky last start ).  Dragon Leap might give Levante a nudge.

Couple at odds elsewhere..

Mi Carol at Riverton…has run against better fields than this in the North.

No Secret at Flemington - won a couple of races here and track should suit. Willo on and $12 looks good value.

Race 1 Sophisticardo. Gets back which is a little concern as there isn't a lot of pace but I'm sure Opie be a bit more forward and can run over the top of them in 33.

R4 Nest Egg. Tripped up by the wet track last start. has a great finish and relaxes in race in a even race.

R5 Skew Wiff - had a large place bet on this horse last week at 2.8 and just about won. Today I just watch and taken in multis. If jumps as good last week will be just off the pace and let down and be hard to beat.

R6 Magawa Bit rough but like the run before last.

R8 Charms Star - Not my choice, but a friend knows a owner who told him it would win last start and it missed the jump as fav and ran a shocker so give it one more chance for my quad.

R9 Campionessa. Now I might be off the mark here but opie has got down to 55kg to ride this and we all know when he wastes to ride that weight he usually wins. 8w and 2.8p is worth a few each way.

Well good luck all

22 minutes ago, bestbets said:

Race 1 Sophisticardo. Gets back which is a little concern as there isn't a lot of pace but I'm sure Opie be a bit more forward and can run over the top of them in 33.

R4 Nest Egg. Tripped up by the wet track last start. has a great finish and relaxes in race in a even race.

R5 Skew Wiff - had a large place bet on this horse last week at 2.8 and just about won. Today I just watch and taken in multis. If jumps as good last week will be just off the pace and let down and be hard to beat.

R6 Magawa Bit rough but like the run before last.

R8 Charms Star - Not my choice, but a friend knows a owner who told him it would win last start and it missed the jump as fav and ran a shocker so give it one more chance for my quad.

R9 Campionessa. Now I might be off the mark here but opie has got down to 55kg to ride this and we all know when he wastes to ride that weight he usually wins. 8w and 2.8p is worth a few each way.

Well good luck all

Charms Star missed the start at Whanganui as well BB which cost it the race.Seems to be a habit.I will be dropping it today so it probably wins!!!

6 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

yes it did, seems to be one paced so 2400mtrs should suit with the pace on. We all done the drop a horse or miss seeing it in a race and it wins. I been backing One More Time, this horse owes me nothing but it sure been getting alot of it back. Today it is in the Railway and needs to start the race before so it can finish with them. I'm sure hoping it don't kick me up the backside and wins as I'm not backing it today for the first time. Love the racing game.