WELL DONE LJ SHANNON ON WINNING THE FIRST ROUND OF THE TWO WEEK COMP.
Barry Lichter

Don't be fooled by the spin - the truth on code funding

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, fermoy said:

So if we bet up large on the NZ TAB and only the NZ TAB , i.e. dont bet with ANY overseas agencies, we should be ok for the extra top up????

Do you actually understand the present climate , who the feck is in a position to spend up large . Your living in LALA land .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Barry Lichter said:
RITA has proudly announced its funding for the codes next season - but is it really worth celebrating?  
 
 

Screen Shot 2020-06-27 at 10.48.58 AM.png

Thanks Barry , as usual more smoke and mirrors . If they had more respect for industry participants the would just front up and tell it like it is . At least we would have respect for them , but every time the do this the level of respect goes down .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nomates said:

Do you actually understand the present climate , who the feck is in a position to spend up large . Your living in LALA land .

Haha,,,dont say its farmers to the rescue again?? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nomates said:

Do you actually understand the present climate , who the feck is in a position to spend up large . Your living in LALA land .

and the horse owners maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nomates said:

The owners are already up to their ears with the bills from racing a horse .

bhahahaha trust me.If they've spent a few grand each month having their horse in work they will be having a bet alright ,,,,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, fermoy said:

bhahahaha trust me.If they've spent a few grand each month having their horse in work they will be having a bet alright ,,,,

Never said they weren't but certainly wont but no where near the amounts that will make the difference that is required .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nomates said:

Never said they weren't but certainly wont but no where near the amounts that will make the difference that is required .

15 horses in the next at Riccarton and at least 75 owners listed .If they all have an "owners punt" thats a fair bit of turnover over 11 races I'd of thought along with all their other bets on the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fermoy said:

15 horses in the next at Riccarton and at least 75 owners listed .If they all have an "owners punt" thats a fair bit of turnover over 11 races I'd of thought along with all their other bets on the day.

I hope your dream that the owners are going to increase TAB revenue substantially comes to fruition .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, nomates said:

I hope your dream that the owners are going to increase TAB revenue substantially comes to fruition .

We all need to bet only in nz and support our NZ TAB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One positive factor is that stakemoney will not be spread so thinly next season with as many as 43 fewer gallops and harness meetings planned."

I used to think Barry knew what he was talking about, but the statement above disappoints me. 36 ballots missed a start at Riccarton today, and at least that many were eliminated. And that is with 11 races programmed. Under the proposed funding scheme the plan is to hold only 8 race programmes. Barry obviously thinks it is ok to ballot and eliminate up to 100, or more, horses per meeting.

I think a lot of owners will become very discouraged if they miss a start week after week. Probably the only positive about $10,000 races is that at least horses had a chance of getting a start in them. And some horses had the option of heading to Poverty Bay or Marlborough to at least get a start and generate some form.

Not much is encouraging me about the quality of decisions being made at present. There doesn't seem to be any intention to add some extra meetings to cater for all the horses trialing at the moment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attention Stables

No Trackside fees

 

RITA is able to claim it is distributing the same amount of money to the racing codes next season as this year because it won’t charge for covering meetings on Trackside.

Last year the total budgeted payout to the codes was $155 million and during the season RITA invoiced clubs $15 million for venue services and broadcasting charges.

The approximately $140 million net figure matches the $139.6 million RITA proposes to hand out next season, a figure which executive chair Dean McKenzie happily revealed on Friday.

Clubs might argue what’s left of the emasculated Trackside coverage isn’t worth $15 million with no presenters on course, fewer cameras and production crew and the phasing out of operator-assisted betting terminals. Radio Trackside has also been axed.

Last year’s $155.6 million total funding included $6.6 million from gaming machines, $2.4 million specifically for stakes enhancement, and was split between the three codes with thoroughbreds getting 53.7%, harness 29.6% and greyhounds 16.7%.

Just what those percentages will be next season is unknown because under the new Racing Act, passed in the House last week, it is up to codes to determine how they split it. - BARRY LICHTER

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're Doomed

Nothing in my report lends support to balloting of horses.

The reference to fewer races - predicted to be 300 fewer gallops races and 60 fewer harness races - was merely in deference to Dean McKenzie's observation that this means better prizemoney. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

It would help if the tab site worked well and odds were competitive. I will do my best to bet on NZ tab but not at a personal cost. 

Just an example of what is out there.....

How it works:
  1. Place a Fixed Win bet on any Australian horse race.
  2. If the price at the jump (final Official Price) is greater than the price that you took, we will pay you out at the bigger odds. For example, if you take 2.50 and the price of your selection drifts to 4.00, we will pay you out at 4.00 if it wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can some one tell me if the percentages to each code are going to be different going forward?

Hasn't gallops been subsidising the dogs and trots because of how poorly the racing act was in 2003?

I get the feeling RITA are happy to see 100 horses miss out on racing instead of putting on another meeting and having to pay out more stake money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry Lichter said:

Attention Stables

No Trackside fees

 

 

Clubs might argue what’s left of the emasculated Trackside coverage isn’t worth $15 million with no presenters on course, 

 

 

 

Well from my perspective, viewing today's offering., I would go further and cut Trackside further. Why do we need Popperwell AND Rodley sitting in a studio together talking in the usual cliches, repeating ad nauseam what we have already seen in a race, and cutting away from post-race comment in Australia where Radley and Dufficy are streets ahead. Then to add insult to injury the mumbling Sweeney continues with repetitive narrative on the massive ( 10K) Pick-6 being gone, favoured track position at Riccarton ( we've seen it for ourselves all day) and general trivia. Perfectly adequate coverage during Level 2,( apart from those kindergarten teacher voices) so why not continue, and as for me, so irritated by these dullards, never had a bet today.( Means I can pay my trainers!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chevy86 said:

Well from my perspective, viewing today's offering., I would go further and cut Trackside further. Why do we need Popperwell AND Rodley sitting in a studio together talking in the usual cliches, repeating ad nauseam what we have already seen in a race, and cutting away from post-race comment in Australia where Radley and Dufficy are streets ahead. Then to add insult to injury the mumbling Sweeney continues with repetitive narrative on the massive ( 10K) Pick-6 being gone, favoured track position at Riccarton ( we've seen it for ourselves all day) and general trivia. Perfectly adequate coverage during Level 2,( apart from those kindergarten teacher voices) so why not continue, and as for me, so irritated by these dullards, never had a bet today.( Means I can pay my trainers!)

You kind of get the impression sometimes those presenters ,ain't all that excited about being there,I spose they have to be seen to be doing their job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mikenz said:

You kind of get the impression sometimes those presenters ,ain't all that excited about being there,I spose they have to be seen to be doing their job.

The Race days are a community hands on social event that everyone in the sport loves.
It would be no different for passionate Trackside presenters.
They do not look happy stuck in a studio away from game they love!
I'd be pissed off too.... not able to be oncourse raceday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.