rdytdy

Craig Willliams Surely Had a Brain Explosion

1 hour ago, Friend Family said:

Fair enough Alf .....lets call a truse ....and we will meet again to debate somthing else which we might agree on ......I said MIGHT 😀 😅 😂 .....but just so you know .....I do respect your opinion OK.

Cheers .....FF.

Sounds good to me, and likewise FF.

Cheers,

Phil 

i read where the one dimensional ex kiwi Jimmysstar may now miss the ASM and run in the Doncaster.

if it makes the field it will be interesting to see who rides 

J Kah ? or stick with C Williams 

imagine if the unthinkable happened 😛

1 hour ago, pogo(aus) said:

i read where the one dimensional ex kiwi Jimmysstar may now miss the ASM and run in the Doncaster.

if it makes the field it will be interesting to see who rides 

J Kah ? or stick with C Williams 

imagine if the unthinkable happened 😛

To be honest Maher shouldn't moan about CW's ride if he's serious about running this horse in either , a 7 start horse that shows potential but doesn't really know his craft and he wants to fry him in one of the two hardest races in Aus if not both , get Effin real , take your time and develop this horse and he could , COULD , win something really serious in the future , and more . 

This why so many really nice promising horses are lost to racing early in Aus .

Mr Maher really shouldn't bemoan that ride when he is looking at committing a bigger crime . IMO .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

To be honest Maher shouldn't moan about CW's ride if he's serious about running this horse in either , a 7 start horse that shows potential but doesn't really know his craft and he wants to fry him in one of the two hardest races in Aus if not both , get Effin real , take your time and develop this horse and he could , COULD , win something really serious in the future , and more . 

This why so many really nice promising horses are lost to racing early in Aus .

Mr Maher really shouldn't bemoan that ride when he is looking at committing a bigger crime . IMO .

he aint the only trainer who stuffs young horses....there are plenty who do that.

3 hours ago, Memphis3 said:

They will rissole him because they would lose face otherwise. And it’s all about keeping the ego levels up for them n0? 
A hdcp makes sense. 

A handicap does make sense, but the run third and you're in One Star (so far) Mile will be the weaker race this year.

I've now read through all this thread and watched replays, and I'd put Craig Williams on my horses any day and in fact he's been on them and won for me.   You don't know what the horse wanted to do, or wouldn't let him do, or how it was racing out there, how it felt under him, whether it was racing easily or struggling in stages.   Every trainer can say yeah I want you to do this and that.. but every other trainer has told their Jockey what they want, the only thing they don't converse with is the horses, only the Jockey can try to do that.   I have no time for Maher, he's a hot head when he doesn't get the results he wants and is fairly thankless when he does.. Eustace used to do that very well.  Yes I think, as someone has said, he needs to front up to owners, but just because your horse has won so many starts, it doesn't mean it's unbeatable, and sooner or later, he or she will say I'm going to do this today because that's how I feel, I've got other horses in this race that are dominating me and horses can sort out a pecking order at the start pretty quickly, which horses do sense, and he wasn't dominant, he seemed to not race smoothly at all, and class took him a long way in the end, but again to win that race he'd have to have run the fastest 1400m of the day... I'm doubtful in how he looked when he was coming back to scale.  I don't think he was happy horse on the day.   Future starts we might see a different horse.

2 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

and I'd put Craig Williams on my horses any day

Always liked his riding and feel confident backing his horses if I have a bet....... Seems like a top bloke as well...... Always remember a few years ago when he gave a shout out to the dying man who was trackside in his hospital bed. 

Guessing he had to make a split second decision with Jimmystar..... Didn't work out, but he apoligised to connections. 

If he'd won we'd all be saying it was the ride of century 🤣😂🏇

4 minutes ago, Kingshill said:

If he'd won we'd all be saying it was the ride of century

2019  Melbourne Cup on VOW AND DECLARE near the ride of the century by Willow after drawing wide and working forward . And Winning for Australia. 

And Craig has been to Ukraine 3 times to try and help with humanitarian aide to the war -torn country. (his wifes home country)

Be hard to find a better more honest bloke at the racecourse. with Jimmiestar he Gets beat very late on , on one horse who was up in grade and the world is ending for some poor punter somewhere  (Willow rode 2 winners on the day as it was ) . best the Punter goes to Crimea Ukraine and see's what the end of the World is really like. 

1 hour ago, Pure Steel said:

2019  Melbourne Cup on VOW AND DECLARE near the ride of the century by Willow after drawing wide and working forward . And Winning for Australia. 

And Craig has been to Ukraine 3 times to try and help with humanitarian aide to the war -torn country. (his wifes home country)

Be hard to find a better more honest bloke at the racecourse. with Jimmiestar he Gets beat very late on , on one horse who was up in grade and the world is ending for some poor punter somewhere  (Willow rode 2 winners on the day as it was ) . best the Punter goes to Crimea Ukraine and see's what the end of the World is really 

that ride on Vow and Declare was mega good Steelo. I was on and 150 out he was beat but he’d kept a bit in reserve. Never have an issue backing one he’s riding. I’m sure the people with Mr Brightside won’t sack him. Mind you they are normal people not high flyers. 
How many years back did he ride the Caulfield Cup winner Cox plate winner then the horse he was booked for won the Melbourne Cup. He was suspended. 2011??

38 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:
2 hours ago, Pure Steel said:

that ride on Vow and Declare was mega good Steelo. I was on and 150 out he was beat but he’d kept a bit in reserve. Never have an issue backing one he’s riding. I’m sure the people with Mr Brightside won’t sack him. Mind you they are normal people not high flyers. 
How many years back did he ride the Caulfield Cup winner Cox plate winner then the horse he was booked for won the Melbourne Cup. He was suspended. 2011??

Think Willow was riding Dunaden ? he won a Caulfield and Melbourne Cup 's.

Willow is sure having a great time on Mr Brightside these days for the Hayes boys . A good stable to get rides for . 

Wonder what happened to the kiwi lad who won the Caulfield Cup for the Hayes boys ? Cory Parish won on Boom Time at big odds a few years back  . seems to of disappeared ?.  maybe went back Nz riding?

1 hour ago, Pure Steel said:

Wonder what happened to the kiwi lad who won the Caulfield Cup for the Hayes boys ? Cory Parish won on Boom Time at big odds a few years back  . seems to of disappeared ?.  maybe went back Nz riding?

Still riding.  Rode at Benalla last week.