rdytdy

Craig Willliams Surely Had a Brain Explosion

3 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

funniest post ever

a restricted class horse beaten in a listed race @ $1.30 and the worlds coming to an end..............

and as was advised on the CMR stable mail Craig will likely take luck out of the occasion.........

you blokes are dead set kidding yourselves if you think anything other than what the stewards reported,

He certainly took “luck” out of the equation….for the horse, connections, trainer and punters…..:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mr_gee said:

cracks  me  up   nothing was said on the shocking ride of nash 

Are you talknig about Buenos Noches?  

If so, he wasn't ridden upside down as Jimmysstar was. Buenos Noches has always been settled back in the running in his races.   

1 hour ago, Michael Roustoby said:

He can say his hand was forced early but there was no excuse for sitting as long as he did , should have gotten closer than he was before the corner . A shocker .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

He can say his hand was forced early but there was no excuse for sitting as long as he did , should have gotten closer than he was before the corner . A shocker .

a shocker ?    n0 !

bigger fish to fry ?

yes 😍

APfQqSiA_normal.jpg

Anyone criticising Craig Williams for his ride on Jimmystar is off the mark IMO. Give me those tactics over easing from the mid gate any time. The other on pace runner ran third. Horse had every possible chance and Makram was too good on the day

I didn't think it was that much of a shocker - seemed to jump well and then he didn't exactly have to hurry him to cross and landed the lead without too much energy spent. If good enough he should have won I feel.

From that start they are running the bend for a fair way, so if he sat out there he would have covered a ton of extra and who knows if that would have been any better and changed the result. 

I think Williams biggest blunder was to not back himself on the option that he took - apologising fueled the fire 💥

7 minutes ago, Alf Riston said:

I didn't think it was that much of a shocker - seemed to jump well and then he didn't exactly have to hurry him to cross and landed the lead without too much energy spent. If good enough he should have won I feel.

From that start they are running the bend for a fair way, so if he sat out there he would have covered a ton of extra and who knows if that would have been any better and changed the result. 

I think Williams biggest blunder was to not back himself on the option that he took - apologising fueled the fire 💥

Sorry but I disagree, he made the decision to against the horses normal racing pattern and it failed to work out, his decision his mistake and good on him for owning it, after all we are humans and we are made to make mistakes.

similar to his ride at cranbourne thats gone completely un mentioned, ridden out to be near the lead although not in front

not to mention the CMR stable mail 🙄

makes a mockery of the comments re the horses racing pattern

absolute sour grapes about a 1.26 fav getting rissoled.

had every chance on 54kg and the bookies reaction is 7/1 out the gate now to 14/1 in the all star mile ???

why?

1 minute ago, pogo(aus) said:

similar to his ride at cranbourne thats gone completely un mentioned, ridden out to be near the lead although not in front

not to mention the CMR stable mail 🙄

makes a mockery of the comments re the horses racing pattern

absolute sour grapes about a 1.26 fav getting rissoled.

had every chance on 54kg and the bookies reaction is 7/1 out the gate now to 14/1 in the all star mile ???

why?

Not good enough?

its got a chance , i took 20/1 but after that weak effort on saturday maybe the bookies are right

makram goes good.

"never run up steps, never take odds on ""  Ken.Howard

"never eat the meat pies at a Monday long weekend race meeting "    Zelda Kratchanova 

6 minutes ago, Insider said:

I love the “position” that the “four” of you are taking. Whether “for or against” we won’t ever really know so keep posting 😅

thats true Insider

those arguing against Williams discount the Cranbourne run and tactics and ignore the CMR stable mail comments

irrespective, theres only downside backing @ 1.26

15 minutes ago, Insider said:

I love the “position” that the “four” of you are taking. Whether “for or against” we won’t ever really know so keep posting 😅

Far as I could see , it had it's chance to win. Was in front 100m out after showing guts and beating off Savannah Cloud. 

The straight is Loooonng at Flemington though.  

If you ran the race again   i'd say he might get there 2nd time round. slightly less pressure from Savannah Cloud who went to him a Fraction to early . Wonder why it's rider Not Criticised ?? lol........ I thought JimmyStar looked good myself and was put there to win it. and Win it , he Nearly did lol....

None of this 'run on late' stuff that a lot of gallopers do 🤣😆 (a lot of us trotting blokes love to lead. always gives you the chance to Win 🏆

Anybody would think this horse faded badly and finished amongst the tailenders , he ran second , 2ND , coming out of rating and benchmark races into a listed race , not an easy step at anytime but certainly tough in Aus , all at just his seventh start .

I just don't get the angst , I've seen far worse rides for far worse results .

Perspective required me thinks .

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Sorry but I disagree, he made the decision to against the horses normal racing pattern and it failed to work out, his decision his mistake and good on him for owning it, after all we are humans and we are made to make mistakes.

It's these difference of opinions that make it interesting Scooby and this one is a classic '2 sides of the fence' 

I think the horse went nicely enough but is no $1.30 Superstar. Not many gallopers command that sort of favoritism, given how much can go wrong in the running .....

4 minutes ago, Alf Riston said:

It's these difference of opinions that make it interesting Scooby and this one is a classic '2 sides of the fence' 

I think the horse went nicely enough but is no $1.30 Superstar. Not many gallopers command that sort of favoritism, given how much can go wrong in the running .....

Especially if you or I make them our BB like I did along with my wife!