RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pete Lane

Ellerslie track issues

6 hours ago, Palliser said:

Very good point, if that is indeed the case and the sub base is compacted too much and collecting water instead of allowing it to drain, you could possibly have a swimming pool between the matted root structure and sub base which could be the cause. So after a certain amount of rain a saturation point is reached and like having gease between the base and surface. I just hope someone with a brain can come in and sort it out, please don't put that Paul twit on to tell us what the process is from here ffs.

Isn’t that what the 3000 tons of sand was supposed to fix ? What did it actually do ?
The sand and gravel base Strathayr use normally may not have been done properly. Should have handled it easily.

7 minutes ago, Alf Riston said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=916789796917090

MG - How confident right now are you Paul that we'll be racing the Manco Easter at Ellerslie this Saturday? 

PW - 100% confident Michael

LOL!!!!! 

And how confident are you that youve ballsed up a huge chunk of our industry Paul?

55,000,000% confident

34 minutes ago, Craig hitchcock said:

Scooby, how many times were the races at Stratford called off, I’m going back to the seventies, maybe once but I stand corrected. A crying shame really.

yeah and it still looks the same as it did in the Seventies so they didn't help, themselves there did they

Paul Wilcox or 100% as we call him as whenever anyone asks him a question he says ....100% hahaha .....he said it 12 times one day on Weigh In ....and he never ever looks confident like a man in his position should.

He might be a good bloke (I have never met him but Mick seems to like him) but as far as running a race track goes he would be better off on the end of a shovel at the Manurewa council ......100%.

The 55 million Goat Track will settle down in time but obviously wasn't ready to race on in adverse weather .....100%.

And just when we thought the NZ thoroughbred industry was going forward our best and most prestigious track is a debacle......100%.

FF.

1 hour ago, MrBigStuff said:

Shithole…last time i went 2016 didn’t even had a public address system that worked

why dont you say what you really think LOL...Loved the place rode a few winners there was a great track.

4 hours ago, Alf Riston said:

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=916789796917090

MG - How confident right now are you Paul that we'll be racing the Manco Easter at Ellerslie this Saturday? 

PW - 100% confident Michael

Some pretty odd comments in that video clip that leave me a bit bewildered.

MG - "I know it's a learning curve for Jason, because nobody in NZ's done this before"  WTF

PW - "We will give the track a very large renovation" FFS

The track is only a few months old and undergoing a 'large renovation' - defies belief.

My questions are :

Was this 'large renovation' part of the original plan??

Was the "winter stand down period' part of the original plan??

Are these additional costs covered by Strathyr??

I would have thought once racing got underway, after all the down time, things woould have been expected to keep going, with the track standing up to whatever Mother Nature had in store.

If these renovations were not part of the plan, one would suspect that the local tampering that they decided to intervene with, would probably void any Strathyr warranty and all this work and ongoing consultation is additional cost to the project.

A bit like servicing your own car and then expecting the Manufacturer to fix the subsequent issues arising from your incorrect process and materials used.

Maybe Tricky Mickey could ask questions like this rather than the (insert brown nose emoji here) usual 'play by the rules' ones.

6 minutes ago, SameOld said:

Meeting at Ellerslie May 25th moves to Pukekohe.

Pukekohe also races on May 22nd

Haha , they talk shite , on weigh in this morning Guerin quoted PW as saying that they would definitely , DEFINITELY , be racing at Ellerslie on the 25th , as they needed to know what they were doing was working , almost emphatic that they would be racing there .

Barely 6hrs later the backflip . Seriously who's writing their scripts because the audience is bored with the stale bullshit . 

8 minutes ago, nomates said:

Haha , they talk shite , on weigh in this morning Guerin quoted PW as saying that they would definitely , DEFINITELY , be racing at Ellerslie on the 25th , as they needed to know what they were doing was working , almost emphatic that they would be racing there .

Barely 6hrs later the backflip . Seriously who's writing their scripts because the audience is bored with the stale bullshit . 

At least that stops the crash test dummy approach for now.

ATR advises that the planned winter renovation of the track will commence immediately with the race meeting scheduled to be held at Ellerslie on May 25th moving to Pukekohe Park.

No images? Click here

CorporateEmail-banner-9900000000079e3c.p

May 25th ATR Race Meeting Transferred to Pukekohe Park Following Ellerslie’s Abandonment on Saturday

Sent on behalf of Auckland Thoroughbred Racing and New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing

Following the partial abandonments of race meetings at Ellerslie on 10 and 20 April, New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR), in conjunction with Auckland Thoroughbred Racing (ATR), advises that the planned winter renovation of the track will commence immediately with the race meeting scheduled to be held at Ellerslie on May 25th moving to Pukekohe Park.

This decision comes as a proactive response to recent track issues and concerns raised by stakeholders with officials confident the planned renovation will greatly assist in removing the root mat which has compromised traction.

Saturday’s abandonment follows a mid-week meeting abandonment on 10 April that required the Club to undergo immediate remedial works and conduct a trial meeting, per NZTR’s Return To Racing protocols, following which after thorough assessment and constructive dialogue with stakeholders saw collective agreement that racing activities could proceed at Ellerslie on Saturday.

Despite these concerted efforts to ensure optimal track conditions, unfortunate circumstances arose during the course of Saturday’s meeting after a horse slipped during race 6, resulting in the cancellation of the remaining two races for the safety and well-being of all participants.

In commenting on the events of Saturday, ATR Chief Executive Paul Wilcox says, “We find ourselves at a loss for words. Our team shares a sense of disappointment and frustration, not only for ourselves but also for the broader industry. With unwavering faith in our new direction, we regret any disappointment experienced by those affected in recent weeks.

“We have had every confidence in the new surface and, while we still strongly believe this is the right track for us, are sorry to those for whom have been let down over the past couple of weeks.

“Despite setbacks, we recognise the importance of embracing this experience as a lesson and, as we embark on our scheduled renovation, remain committed to positive progress.

“We express our sincere appreciation to our stakeholders and the racing community for their understanding and continued support during this time.”

NZTR COO Darin Balcombe echoed ATR's sentiment and was supportive of Ellerslie's pre-emptive move to Pukekohe.

"After all efforts were made to improve the surface following the 10 April abandonment, NZTR was disappointed in the outcome of the partial abandonment Saturday at Ellerslie."

"We fully support ATR's proactive approach to move the meeting on May 25th to Pukekohe and will work alongside Ellerslie over the winter as we work toward ensuring the surface is at its best for the 2024/25 season."

"The NZTR Board will meet this Wednesday and, alongside management and ATR, will review the process to potentially seek independent advice that the winter renovation will alleviate all ongoing issues and provide the industry with the confidence it needs for the long-term."

"The first meeting of the season is set to take place in September and will undergo a robust and thorough return to racing protocol ahead of the first meeting."

In light of these developments and prioritising the safety of jockeys, horses, and all involved, NZTR and ATR have taken the proactive decision to relocate the scheduled May 25th race meeting to Pukekohe Park. This precautionary measure ensures that racing activities can proceed without compromising safety or integrity.

Existing ticketholders will be contacted directly by ATR with regards to their options and the Club regrets to advise that the planned Irish Party event will be cancelled. Further information about the relocated raceday can be found online at aucklandracing.co.nz .

39 minutes ago, Leggy said:

At least that stops the crash test dummy approach for now.

That was my first thought when I heard it , just send them out and hope like hell they all come back .

I wonder if the jockeys would have just gone NAH!

Or trainers not being prepared to risk their horses or even getting a race .

12 minutes ago, nomates said:

That was my first thought when I heard it , just send them out and hope like hell they all come back .

I wonder if the jockeys would have just gone NAH!

Or trainers not being prepared to risk their horses or even getting a race .

That's exactly what l thought when l heard it. I couldn't believe what was being said. Crash test dummies, horses and jockeys alike. Thank goodness commonsense prevailed, but would love to know who forced the backflip but don't really expect honesty to prevail alongside the commonsense.  

4 minutes ago, Idolmite said:

That's exactly what l thought when l heard it. I couldn't believe what was being said. Crash test dummies, horses and jockeys alike. Thank goodness commonsense prevailed, but would love to know who forced the backflip but don't really expect honesty to prevail alongside the commonsense.  

Well if common sense had been in practice they would have said they were moving the meeting yesterday , whole heartedly self interest was at play .

The most interesting aspect of this is the complete invisibility of one B Sharrock , I'm sure he is still the head of NZTR , he is isn't he ?