rdytdy

Unbelievable Pride Of Jenni

A brilliant front-running performance, but the lack of urgency from a few of those other riders makes you wonder what they were thinking. From the comments it seems C Williams was more excited about turning the tables on Cascadian whereas the other jocks think he was responsible for letting the leader get away.

2 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

A brilliant front-running performance, but the lack of urgency from a few of those other riders makes you wonder what they were thinking. From the comments it seems C Williams was more excited about turning the tables on Cascadian whereas the other jocks think he was responsible for letting the leader get away.

Ultimately  the 2.02.2 answers all questions and confirms the riders rate... Was 2.02 at 2000m relative to track state?

4th – CASCADIAN (Ben Melham) Dunno what to say really. The race was over after three furlongs. Second and third horses should have tacked up. It was always going to win with a scenario like that.

yes 100% correct

if this was a BM 64 at Gosford the stewards would be all over it .

credit to the winner but it was a joke surely.

A large lead means nothing  until the finish. Kotare Chief went sub 1.40 through the opening mile....it's all on the jock...caddigan...but others rating their mounts ..its not a time trial all the same

16 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

There certainly appeared to be a distinct lack of urgency (that could be seen from the wide shot - the veeerrryyy wide and ever widening shot, at least), especially when most of those same jockeys have already been chasing the same horse running in the same style - admittedly by slightly lesser margins - and rarely failing to catch her on numerous occasions recently. What were they thinking?

Craig/Mr B were tasked with leading the PoJ chase in the Australian Cup and Mr B put in its worst performance in a long time so im not surprised he didnt want to play that role today.

I wouldnt call myself a PoJ fan but I must say that race was a lot more exciting to watch than 90% of the "get to the lead, slam the brakes on and outsprint them from in front" races we see these days

It seemed from the timepiece 11.6 200m was the rate from the 1200 at least till the 400 46.4....so 1.15.8 for the other 1200.... all's boils down to your opposition  ? Are they shit or are they rating their mounts to  2000 ?

3 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

Brilliant. Win by Pride of Jenni. Just too good. Funny how folk have to find  a fall guy for the rest of them. 

Why not 3M ? Wasn't a Track record🤔

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

I haven't seen a performance like that since 1987!  Outstanding!

🏇💨💨💨💨

Kotare went 3.15 Baz.... and you couldn't question riders chasing that tempo

Kotare Chief went sub 2.02 running 3200m in 3.15 so in this instance riders fell asleep

Just watched the race waiting for the afternoon's festivities at Aintree to get underway. Memories of CRISP in 1973....of course he got collared on the line.

Thoughts - I'm not sure Declan Bates had much say in what happened - she was tanking (as we say up here) after the first 600m and it was going to be a question of whether she stopped quickly or slowly. He managed to get her settled just in time to conserve her energy but she was tying up fast in the final 200m. The other jockeys probably knew what was going to happen but seemed to take their time reacting - they started chasing on the home turn rather than 200m before when it might have made a difference.

Enterprising from Bates but will he be so lucky next time? Could he do that in a Cox Plate for example?

Reminded me a little of FRANKEL's 2000 Guineas in 2012 but he wasn't stopping at the end - VIA SISTINA ran well enough but was firmly put in her place by the winner. 

Too early to call her a superstar - she's clearly very good but if she gets taken on for the lead, what then? No one will ever give her that kind of rope again.

What Idolmite said - other jockeys knew that she was a good horse. At the 1,000 m., still 30 lengths ahead, was the time to panic but I could not see her losing from there. Kotare Chief went to the lead about 1,700 m. from winning post in 1987 Auckland Cup. Was an outsider so other jockeys might have thought that he would come back. Should have done their homeowrk - still regret picking but not backing him as the only horse that had form over 2 miles.

As she was a few spaces out from the rail, the track may have been slightly off so the time was very smart. Smarter than the other horses and jockeys. In the same class as Secretariat's Belmont Stakes win but he set a World Record and apparently acclerated every quarter mile. Still it was absolutely f. brilliant and a joy to see.

The 2.02 time is misleading.   Look at the splits at the top of the replay and the first 200 is 15.14 despite her coming out of the gates like a bull!!   Then she racks off mid 11s. I think the distance was circa 2040 (I have no idea why - the rail was out on the bend but that doesn't explain 40m). In summary;

- This was an exceptional performance against quality opposition. Nothing the other jocks could have done. The race was over by the 1000!

- In October Jenni was 3 wins from 22 starts. Now she's racked up 4 G1s and produced an amazing performance. I'd love to know the back story - on her third trainer and didn't race for 10mths at one point.

- What amazing viewing! I backed a loser and was screaming for Jenni at the 300. Poetry in motion :)