RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

jock on comeback???

5 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

i see kelly myers names amongst the winning trial riders at Ruakaka today

I can't get past her ride one day at Avondale where we were told by the trainer  the horse is absolutely  cherry ripe and will be top 3, had a pile on after getting a 2k payout on the previous race from a 60 buck outlay thank f@#% and She butchered it, won it's next three🙄🤣. Good day but could of been epic

19 hours ago, Gruff said:

I can't get past her ride one day at Avondale where we were told by the trainer  the horse is absolutely  cherry ripe and will be top 3, had a pile on after getting a 2k payout on the previous race from a 60 buck outlay thank f@#% and She butchered it, won it's next three🙄🤣. Good day but could of been epic

Are jockey's allowed to make a mistake?

15 hours ago, Zak Hussai said:

Are jockey's allowed to make a mistake?

Good question, the rules of racing make it difficult for Jockeys to make mistakes without consequence, the rest is just conjecture.I try to be fair in any assessment which can be difficult when the big money's up but I'm generally a very good loser ( you get used to it in this game)making allowance for the difficult and variable nature of this great Sport. It wasn't at Gavin Mckeon levels but she wasn't there to perform at her best

16 hours ago, Mr Spyro said:

Not when  Collin Jillings had his money on .  Remember him giving one jockey  a huge tongue lashing and he'd just won the race

Yeah my grandfather was given a few good collects off  Colins advice, I'm not going to state the obvious here but sometimes  things don't pan out how one would like

28 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Good to see Kelly not only back riding, but winning as well.  We need as many senior jockeys we can get at the moment.  As they are very thin on the ground!!!

Quality every which way. Great to have Kelly back. 
Hopefully she will get to the CD on the bigger days knowing full well her family commitments. 

16 minutes ago, Insider said:

Quality every which way. Great to have Kelly back. 
Hopefully she will get to the CD on the bigger days knowing full well her family commitments. 

Fingers crossed Kelly can ride raceday on a regular basis, and it can fit in around with her family commitments!!

Saw the interview and had a little chuckle when she dropped the "shit".

She's obviously worked very hard for all the amount of time she's been out as she's looking very fit and healthy.

And she liked the chances of her mount in the last and I was happy as I got it earlier at 16's FF.  I obviously expected it to drop in a bit after the interview... End up closing at 26's!!!... argh

17 hours ago, Muzzaman said:

Your point is?

No point at all.  It was shared solely as a "Yup Kellys back alright!" post.  Leggy and Ponderosa seemed to get it.  What you chose to do with the info is for you to decide.  Chuckle along with everyone else, or not.  

On 12/2/2023 at 11:18 PM, Pakaraka Star said:

I note she was fined for swearing at Joe Doyle today.  I also noticed she dropped an S-bomb while being interviewed on course too 😂

Good on her. She wont take any crap - time away from the game will give her a fresh perspective. Nice to see someone standing up to those that think they're too good for everyone else. So what do they do when it flies back in their face? Have a wee cry to the stipes. Please.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:24 PM, Muzzaman said:

Your point is?

Kelly Meyer isn't the only jockey at the moment that said something that she shouldn't have, Lisa Allpress said something that she shouldn't have said to an Apprentice mentor at a  CD meeting and was subsequently fined.  

2 hours ago, MissJools said:

Kelly Meyer isn't the only jockey at the moment that said something that she shouldn't have, Lisa Allpress said something that she shouldn't have said to an Apprentice mentor at a  CD meeting and was subsequently fined.  

Very interesting. Same race as Kauris fall. I wonder what the conversation was.