RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

It's all happening.

I just had a call from B Oliver,who is a fair and reasonable man to talk and deal with.

I had a meeting with him at Ellerslie some time ago after a complaint had been laid by NZTR.

The initial complaint was from the new head of Integrity,N Grimstone,but as he does not work on Saturday's,Mr Oliver heard what i had to say on the complaint.

Well today i got an E-Mail from him,saying that I was going to be charged and at the time I was going to throw my B Licence in,as i am one that is disillusioned with our Industry is and the way it is being run.

On reflection I have changed my mind and will vigorously defend this charge and will bring some strong witness to verify what i  posted, is correct and not derogatory.

This charge is been driven by NZTR,not the RIU.

The charge is under Rule  801{1}s.

It reads along the lines that any Licence holder,may not write,publish,utter or insult any Tribunal Member,NZTR,Committee of a Club,a Member or Offical,or a Stipendary Steward or a Racing Investigator.

I may show the transcript of the evidence at a later date.

I just had a call from B Oliver,who is a fair and reasonable man to talk and deal with.

I had a meeting with him at Ellerslie some time ago after a complaint had been laid by NZTR.

The initial complaint was from the new head of Integrity,N Grimstone,but as he does not work on Saturday's,Mr Oliver heard what i had to say on the complaint.

Well today i got an E-Mail from him,saying that I was going to be charged and the time I was going to throw my B Licence in,as i am one that is disillusioned with our Industry is and the way it is being run.

On reflection I have changed my mind and will vigorously defend this charge and will bring some strong witness to verify what i  posted, is correct and not derogatory.

This charge is been driven by NZTR,not the RIU.

The charge is under Rule  801{1}s.

It reads along the lines that any Licence holder,may not write,publish,utter or insult any Tribunal Member,NZTR,Committee of a Club,a Member or Offical,or a Stipendary Steward or a Racing Investigator.

I may show the transcript of the evidence at a later date.

Look forward to updates Midget. 

The truth should be a pretty decent defence, although in quasi judicial forums that is not always the case....

I assume you are joking about Mr Grimstone not working Saturdays ? If it is possible to get Saturdays off in his position then maybe I will get a job as a priest - up until now I was put off by the need to work Sundays

Thank's Chelsalcol,rest assured I will keep all Cafers updated as the events unfold.

Yes I was surprised, when told that Mr Grimstone did not work on Saturdays.He had asked me to go to his office at Ellerslie on Thursday,but explained that I would have to take a day of work, something I need to do to race my horses.

I was unaware that I was going to be interviewed on the Saturday,but Mr Oliver spoke to my wife/strapper and an unpaid one,if I was there,She advised that I was and arranged to have a chat with.

I found him a fair and reasonable man and I do believe that he was just as surprised as me when he was advised that a charge would proceed.So make NO mistake this complaint is being driven by NZTR and it's leader.

This is another example of Industry money being wasted,as if things don't go to plan and I get found guilty,I will be happy to walk away from the Industry,that has given me so much enjoyment 

I wish you luck Midget, but I fear that it matters little whether what you said was correct and factual. It seems to me that they crafted the rule to require a much softer test than that, whether what you said contained any insulting or abusive words, accurate or not.

801(1)(s)(ii) at any time writes or causes to be written, publishes or causes to be published, or utters or causes to be uttered, any insulting or abusive words with reference to a Tribunal, NZTR, Committee of a Club or a member or Official of any such body or a Stipendiary Steward or Investigator, or Registered Medical Practitioner;

Obviously I don't know the details - so I don't know the exact nature of the alleged transgression. 

But as a general observation, I wish this organisation would put their effort & zeal into addressing the reasons why participants are driven to express frustration and criticism, instead of pursuing those who have the temerity to speak out.

Merely to silence those who agitate for change may appease egos and serve to delay/suppress the next uprising - but it is far from a solution to the core issue/s.    

I'm sure if there is anyone here who can provide good advice/support/advocacy to Midget they will PM him via the cafe.

Midget...

Good on you for standing up for what should be your rights in a democratic nation.

My guess is that the exact wording of the industry Rule will need to be challenged in regard to an individual's rights under all-encompassing legislation.

This should have happened, in regard to other matters, well before now.

All strength to you.

All the best.

Ashoka

This is what happens when there is no democracy. The Board of NZTR  is not voted in but is chosen by a selection panel.  Even FIFA has democratic votes

I watched a decorated war hero the other night say on the TV3 News that he went to fight for freedom and democracy. Well NZTR does not have this.

I will post the transcript under which I am being charged and then let all Cafers decide if this charge is justifiable and not a waste of Industry funds.

Interestingly is that I played golf today with 2 leading riders and of course this issue came up and whilst i will not quote them on what they said,I felt a lot more comfortable to defend this ludicrous  charge ,especially with oral evidence from them,regarding the ability of the Stewards to read and police racing and they gave me plenty of races to critique and use as evidence.

Midget.....Just make sure you dont over step the mark......

You dont want to spend a whole swag of money on lawyers bills....

You know from another certain person that used to be on here, they never gave up.

If they are dumb enough to ignore the evidence/opinions of the two riders who I suspect Morty is referring to then the industry is absolutely rooted.

Mind you I think it is completely rooted anyway with the current administration and the total lack of any democratic election of Boards in both the NZTR and NZRB/TAB.

OK, having been a Racecafe consumer for a decade, and not posted very often, here's a pro-active suggestion:

1. Get Admin to run a poll of 'What's wrong with racing administration?'

2. Select the top 10 gripes, first making sure that they're supportable in fact and not libellous

3. Publish an open letter to the authorities in (say) the Sunday Times racing page and the Informant, listing our gripes, and requesting immediate action

4. Everyone who supports the letter signs, and allows their names to be published

5. We raise a fund, by public donation to pay for this. I'll chip in $50

Nearco (and yes, I'll allow my name to be published, the pseudonym is just my admiration for Tesio)

I will post the transcript under which I am being charged and then let all Cafers decide if this charge is justifiable and not a waste of Industry funds.

Interestingly is that I played golf today with 2 leading riders and of course this issue came up and whilst i will not quote them on what they said,I felt a lot more comfortable to defend this ludicrous  charge ,especially with oral evidence from them,regarding the ability of the Stewards to read and police racing and they gave me plenty of races to critique and use as evidence.

Midget, I was contemplating taking out a licence for next season, it's been 20 years+ since I last held a licence, and it was in NSW [Rosehill] but after seeing the behaviour of racing management and officialdom here in NZ I will not be bothering. I will use NZ to be a pre training and breeding facility for my horses and whisk them across to Oz should they prove worthy. I don't take this decision lightly, nothing would please me more than to support racing here, I was born here, my heart is here, but by jesus I'm pissed by the behaviour of those employed to make decisions on our behalf. I'm sure Midget that your predicament has come about by your frustrations at the coalface so to speak, you and the former owner of this site. Whilst many of us do not have the pathway to reach the multitudes and therefore advertise the state of the nation, within the industry at least, it's well known where the fault/s lay.

There is no need to slander and defame, all it takes is research to ascertain the truth, and in the end we all know what is needed, complete root and branch reform of the industry.

Nearco top post.I am 100% behind you.Well I have to be because my name on Race Cafe is named after Pietro Gubellini who rode Nearco!I am part of the Camici syndicate who have shares in a number of horses.Named after Enrico Camici the rider of Robot.Tesio was a GENIUS!

All power to you arm Midget.In the past I have been a license holder in both codes.These days I am a thoroughbred owner only.I am quite often outspoken about NZTR.Will they ban me from owning the shares in six horses that I have?!

All power to you arm Midget.In the past I have been a license holder in both codes.These days I am a thoroughbred owner only.I am quite often outspoken about NZTR.Will they ban me from owning the shares in six horses that I have?!

they probably will unless you apologize and grovel

Why pick on Midget?

Why was Victoria Carter and her husband John not charged over reported comments they made with br after they lost the Rising Romance protest

If the reported comments were said they both should have been charged with bringing racing in to disrepute.

By the way the correct decision was made on the day but that is not the point

OK, having been a Racecafe consumer for a decade, and not posted very often, here's a pro-active suggestion:

1. Get Admin to run a poll of 'What's wrong with racing administration?'

2. Select the top 10 gripes, first making sure that they're supportable in fact and not libellous

3. Publish an open letter to the authorities in (say) the Sunday Times racing page and the Informant, listing our gripes, and requesting immediate action

4. Everyone who supports the letter signs, and allows their names to be published

5. We raise a fund, by public donation to pay for this. I'll chip in $50

Nearco (and yes, I'll allow my name to be published, the pseudonym is just my admiration for Tesio)

I'll be in