barryb

Entain Group

The Entain group is removing all their overseas customers (incl NZers) from there Aus bookie accounts.

Hi Barry,

We are writing to you on behalf of Entain Group Pty Ltd to inform you that from the 24th of June 2024, the neds brand will no longer operate for international accounts, and your account will be closed. You are receiving this email as we have identified that your account has listed a New Zealand address as your place of residence.

Hi Barry,

We are writing to you on behalf of Entain Group Pty Ltd to inform you that from the 24th of June 2024, the Ladbrokes brand will no longer operate for international accounts, and your account will be closed. You are receiving this email as we have identified that your account has listed a New Zealand address as your place of residence.

25 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

That's one way of getting NZ clients back locally, but will it really work or just piss them off altogether. The other possibility is an own goal as Ned's and Ladbroke's accounts migrate to Tabcorp   and other Ozzie Gambling providers

Which is more likely JJ…..they will go where the best deals are.

45 minutes ago, barryb said:

The Entain group is removing all their overseas customers (incl NZers) from there Aus bookie accounts.

Hi Barry,

We are writing to you on behalf of Entain Group Pty Ltd to inform you that from the 24th of June 2024, the neds brand will no longer operate for international accounts, and your account will be closed. You are receiving this email as we have identified that your account has listed a New Zealand address as your place of residence.

Hi Barry,

We are writing to you on behalf of Entain Group Pty Ltd to inform you that from the 24th of June 2024, the Ladbrokes brand will no longer operate for international accounts, and your account will be closed. You are receiving this email as we have identified that your account has listed a New Zealand address as your place of residence.

Clearly that is the aim. The letter goes on as follows:

The Ladbrokes brand operates under the Entain Group Pty Ltd licence in Australia. Entain New Zealand Limited is a subsidiary of Entain Group Pty Ltd and on behalf of TAB New Zealand, operates the TAB brand in New Zealand. TAB provides the same Entain service and experience that you have enjoyed with Ladbrokes, but now with a recently updated localised experience, including seamless betting, access to local Customer Support and faster withdrawals with ANZ.

If you have funds in your Ladbrokes account, you will need to ensure your bank details are correct prior to the 23rd of June 2024. Ladbrokes will automatically withdraw any funds to your chosen bank account after your account has been closed.

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Which is more likely JJ…..they will go where the best deals are.

I have no idea as it will be up to the individual where they migrate to, BarryB would be in a better position to answer that question as he's having his accounts closed as per head post

Ladbroke's Au is not doing to well  nor is Entain globally. Share price down CEO lobbed last year . There was a report recently in AFR  that they might be sold  yet only a few years ago they were candidates to execute Tabcorp takeover for 3 billion plus.

Personally i don't think Entain will last 25 years here and hope that those that did the deal have appropriate contingencies/penalties if they wish to terminate early. JMO

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I have no idea as it will be up to the individual where they migrate to, BarryB would be in a better position to answer that question as he's having his accounts closed as per head post

I'd say watch the NZ turnover on BF as with this move and the restrictions imposed by other Aus providers along with very poor pricing from the NZTAB, there may be increasingly limited options for many.

24 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Wont make a dot of difference to me as both of them restrict you in 5 mins if you win anything on a regular basis, haven't bet with Ladbrokes for 5 plus years & Neds is tote betting only allowed anyway so next to useless.

Will just mean Sportsbet will get more customers & the Aus TAB I guess.

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Will just mean Sportsbet will get more customers & the Aus TAB I guess.

Logic would suggest that this is the most likely outcome for those who live here but don't want to use NZTAB

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Ladbroke's Au is not doing to well  nor is Entain globally. Share price down CEO lobbed last year . There was a report recently in AFR  that they might be sold  yet only a few years ago they were candidates to execute Tabcorp takeover for 3 billion plus.

Personally i don't think Entain will last 25 years here and hope that those that did the deal have appropriate contingencies/penalties if they wish to terminate early. JMO

It is hardly surprising they aren't doing well. Their business model is very strange. They don't seem to understand the NZ market at all. Their approach appears to be to throw money at it and hope for the best. Nothing they have done seems to be self sustaining, or designed to build customer loyalty and future growth. 

A bit like Messara before them, they appear to have arrived in NZ with the idea that NZTR is a competent, well run organisation worth going into business with.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The interesting time frame is in about 5 years , they will have an idea how we are travelling and whether they want to stick . If they go we will be lucky to go back to only 8k minimums , I can see the whole industry in crisis .

I have a rising 3yo , 4yo , and 5yo , that will be it for me in NZ . The stakes are great and I will maximize them but can't justify taking the risk of having anything maturing at the time they may pull out .

23 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

A bit like Messara before them, they appear to have arrived in NZ with the idea that NZTR is a competent, well run organisation worth going into business with.

The University of spin doing it's job again . 

27 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I doubt Entain are relying on NZTR for much which is why they have held back money from the purchase that they can apply to racing as they see fit. NZTR will continue as they have for the past couple of decades ignoring key issues like stakes allocation, track infrastructure, handicapping and programming while continuing to watch thoroughbred racing move further and further from a sustainable basis from wagering and as Sharrock said, continue to hunt for every other pot of gold they can find.

Also received the email from Neds and Ladbrokes.  Not surprising really given they are mostly one and the same now apart from the colour scheme so cant see it being a big deal to anyone previously using those platforms including myself.  The NZ brand just needs a few more trinkets like the ones offered to Neds customers.  Mates Mode and the Punters Toolbox are amazing.

Agree with that Pak Star .....NEDS were good to deal with but I got sacked real early from Ladbrokes when they first set up in Aus 2012 or 2013.

Terror to Love was hot fav for the NZ Cup at about $2.80 from memory.....but Ladbrokes must have had a 'rookie' on the tools and they went up $14.00 .....WOW .....obviously a huge error but like any punter that spies an opportunity I thought I would try $100 and see if its accepted .....BANG went through .....so did it again ....BANG went through..... did it a third time and BANG went through ......so here's me thinking that the bets would be reversed so put $300 place at $3.40 .....BANG accepted.

So I thought as I now had him going for just over 5k payout I had better pull up and face the music if he won ......which he did of course and 5.2k landed in my account.

But you know what happened next hahahaha ......my business was no longer wanted at Ladbrokes and I was heavily restricted .....but at least they paid out on TTL which many Bookies wouldn't have so its one of very few Bookies I've managed to beat haha!

23 hours ago, Friend Family said:

Agree with that Pak Star .....NEDS were good to deal with but I got sacked real early from Ladbrokes when they first set up in Aus 2012 or 2013.

Terror to Love was hot fav for the NZ Cup at about $2.80 from memory.....but Ladbrokes must have had a 'rookie' on the tools and they went up $14.00 .....WOW .....obviously a huge error but like any punter that spies an opportunity I thought I would try $100 and see if its accepted .....BANG went through .....so did it again ....BANG went through..... did it a third time and BANG went through ......so here's me thinking that the bets would be reversed so put $300 place at $3.40 .....BANG accepted.

So I thought as I now had him going for just over 5k payout I had better pull up and face the music if he won ......which he did of course and 5.2k landed in my account.

But you know what happened next hahahaha ......my business was no longer wanted at Ladbrokes and I was heavily restricted .....but at least they paid out on TTL which many Bookies wouldn't have so its one of very few Bookies I've managed to beat haha!

This isn't in the same league as your Terror To Love scenario, but Shamless Boy in the last at Trentham on Saturday is 2 from 2 and even though it's had a few months off it has opened at 12's on FF WIN

9 hours ago, Ponderosa8 said:

This isn't in the same league as your Terror To Love scenario, but Shamless Boy in the last at Trentham on Saturday is 2 from 2 and even though it's had a few months off it has opened at 12's on FF WIN

Perhaps the form doesn't stack up.  It only beat Just Ben by a nose, but everything with 4 legs has beaten Just Ben 😉

I'm sure the other Australian bookies will be happy re Entain's closure of NZ domiciled accounts in Australia.

Various unhappy NZ punters will migrate to their ecosystem whilst Entain NZ gets to enhance its domestic monopoly from those who choose to relocate accounts back to NZ. Not sure its enhances competition but it is what it is.

Have Entain NZ told its Australian customers  their accounts are being closed and that they should open Ladbrokes/Ned account in Oz?? 

From 11 June 2024, Government regulations will no longer allow credit cards for online wagering. Please consider a different payment method, as you will no longer be able to use credit cards to deposit after this date. 

the above comes into force next month in Australia, interesting times.ahead.

this appears on my sportsbet account so presume it will be across the board with all betting agencies.

if this has already been mentioned then sorry.

12 hours ago, blackcaviar56 said:

From 11 June 2024, Government regulations will no longer allow credit cards for online wagering. Please consider a different payment method, as you will no longer be able to use credit cards to deposit after this date. 

the above comes into force next month in Australia, interesting times.ahead.

this appears on my sportsbet account so presume it will be across the board with all betting agencies.

if this has already been mentioned then sorry.

AML type regulation i'd say

Debit cards will do the job so onwards and upwards.

Sportsbet are already no 1 in Oz and this boost (Entain closing NZ punters accounts) will send them through the roof.

We need Sporstsbet as 'choice' is everything when punting.....and they havn't sneakily lowered their 'max pay' without notice to clients like Entain NZ TAB have done.😡.

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

AML type regulation i'd say

Made a few enquires about this and it's about responsible gambling.  To pacify anti gambling types.

Probably front footing the issue

On 5/21/2024 at 2:40 PM, Leggy said:

Clearly that is the aim. The letter goes on as follows:

The Ladbrokes brand operates under the Entain Group Pty Ltd licence in Australia. Entain New Zealand Limited is a subsidiary of Entain Group Pty Ltd and on behalf of TAB New Zealand, operates the TAB brand in New Zealand. TAB provides the same Entain service and experience that you have enjoyed with Ladbrokes, but now with a recently updated localised experience, including seamless betting, access to local Customer Support and faster withdrawals with ANZ.

If you have funds in your Ladbrokes account, you will need to ensure your bank details are correct prior to the 23rd of June 2024. Ladbrokes will automatically withdraw any funds to your chosen bank account after your account has been closed.

NZTAB doesnt provide the same service as Ladbrokes. There is no Fixed Odds betting on Hing Kong races. Favoured runners always seem to drop well below opening quotes. Especially if ridden by Purton. I don't like backing on tote prices. They can drop so much in last few minutes, even with big Hong Kong pools. But hey, Im only a mug customer