SORRY FOR THE OUTAGE WE TRANSFERRED TO A NEW SERVER...HOPE ALL GOOD NOW.

Recommended Posts

End of the Xmas new years break pockets are empty not sure how these coast races are meant to compete with race goers emptied pockets. Betting turnover must be questioned as race date

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, claude55 said:

End of the Xmas new years break pockets are empty not sure how these coast races are meant to compete with race goers emptied pockets. Betting turnover must be questioned as race date

Got to be better than the middle of winter, anyway the probably don't get a say when they race, boxing day trots just up the road are one of the best grass track meetings around the country and turnover would be right up there in this day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, claude55 said:

End of the Xmas new years break pockets are empty not sure how these coast races are meant to compete with race goers emptied pockets. Betting turnover must be questioned as race date

Do you extend that same logic to the Wgtn Cup carnival Claudey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nine races at Omoto and only one two divi race. Compare that with Awapuni yesterday: eight races; two with six starters and one with seven. Two of those worth $30,000 and one worth $40,000. So $100,000 of industry funding for three races with a total of 19 horses. The entire nice race Omoto card receives $108,000 of industry funding. It wouldn't surprise me if the on course turnover at Omoto will be higher than Awapuni as well.

We perhaps need to rethink just where the inefficiencies and the waste is in this industry, and just who the parasites really are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Nine races at Omoto and only one two divi race. Compare that with Awapuni yesterday: eight races; two with six starters and one with seven. Two of those worth $30,000 and one worth $40,000. So $100,000 of industry funding for three races with a total of 19 horses. The entire nice race Omoto card receives $108,000 of industry funding. It wouldn't surprise me if the on course turnover at Omoto will be higher than Awapuni as well.

We perhaps need to rethink just where the inefficiencies and the waste is in this industry, and just who the parasites really are.

Exactly the distribution is just crazy, all of those races would have been no different if they prizemoney was $5-10k less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great day's racing there today, weather not the best but could have been worse, looked like those that were there enjoyed the day, looked like all horses and riders got around in one piece, which is the most important thing, roll on reefton, hopefully their fields stand up well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Huey said:

Exactly the distribution is just crazy, all of those races would have been no different if they prizemoney was $5-10k less.

Track was upgraded to a dead 4 so why were they racing well off the inside ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, puha said:

Track was upgraded to a dead 4 so why were they racing well off the inside ?

From the races I saw the winners seemed to be coming from all over  the place so the track seemed to be playing very fairly. I do like that commentator as well. We are lucky to have yet another talented Aussie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, puha said:

My comment was in response to We’re Doomed s post regarding the stake and amount of runners at Awapuni.

Good point. So not only did Omoto have the biggest fields; the most horses, probably a bigger crowd, probably the bigger on course turnover; the best commentator; they also had by far the best racing surface, where the winners didn't have to come down the outside fence. Sounds like all Awapuni had was the extra $144,500 in industry funding. And probably also some industry bigwigs, if they weren't all at the beach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Good point. So not only did Omoto have the biggest fields; the most horses, probably a bigger crowd, probably the bigger on course turnover; the best commentator; they also had by far the best racing surface, where the winners didn't have to come down the outside fence. Sounds like all Awapuni had was the extra $144,500 in industry funding. And probably also some industry bigwigs, if they weren't all at the beach.

Wasn't Awapuni one of the all weather track locations . Are they building it inside turf as surprised they haven't started building it yet as was a while ago three tracks announced . 

Was a few very good horses winning there Saturday though .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Shad said:

Great day's racing there today, weather not the best but could have been worse, looked like those that were there enjoyed the day, looked like all horses and riders got around in one piece, which is the most important thing, roll on reefton, hopefully their fields stand up well.

Great days racing! Best place to watch races in nz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.