RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

KFE

KFE is for all intents and purposes a Te Akau representative, and they trained the horse in question didn't they?

In addition she was asked to get involved in the aftermatch celebrations by the owner's representative, Rick Williams.

I know that because I was there.

I suspect you're getting too focused on KFE, maybe because she's on TV, and married to someone who's not well liked, but there's no rationale or warranted justification behind either reason.

Let it go, leave her alone, it makes you look bitter and twisted. 

She certainly does seem like a lovely lady! Very friendly and passionate about the sport.

Not sure if this is the point Pete is making or not ...

But it does seem like every time Te Akau gets a win they get a very good wrap from trackside compared with others I.e. in most cases you get to see the horse lead in etc, not to mention the enthusiasm from presenters etc,in fact today of the 3 races I saw them win the amount of air time seemed a fair bit from what we have seen previously.

Now it may have just been a timing issue in the NZ cup but the aftermath was pathetic. 

Isn't there enough shyte going on in the industry that we don't need to have this back bitey stuff on here, so what she was happy the teams horse won, big deal move on... there are far bigger issues for the industry to UNITE on than whether or not KFE was and should have been excited.... enough...

Maybe its the Auckland thing since Trackside has moved they have all become posing, " A Lister Jaffas."

I see that the tennis is going to be  just down the road from them in Stanley Street. So once they wash away the pigeon crap and roll out those plastic tables and chairs for the posers to sit in, no doubt Trackside will have a few tables for the tennis. They will then be on their element.

Detach yourselves from the anti David Eliis &/or Te Akau thing and be more subjective.

1. They've pulled off a stunning replacement strategy letting Jason Bridgeman go ( and he's a decent bloke so this is not personal  ) and introducing Stevie Autridge, the reliable old and experienced operator, and Jamie Richards, they young and charming 'new blood'.

2. After some years of just going through to motions they're absolutely flying this year with numerous good colts and fillies, some bought in, some trained for studs, and they've even got a decent two year old, something that haven't had for a long time.

3. They appear to have embraced a "we are family " strategy and shifted DCE out of the limelight.

That young child was Tommy and Pam's daughter, and she's active in that stable so had some rights to get credit as appropriate.

KFE involves her daughters and family.

Jamie Richards is of very good racing stock, Paul and LeeAnne (sp?) are both superb racing people of long standing and the highest quality.

It all sends a warm fuzzy message, it's inclusive and has wide appeal, as distinct from the bullshit 'wink', "and did I tell you how much I spent on yearlings" strategy of years gone by.

4. Team Te Akau and KFE are winning the PR battle, that's a fact, they're media savvy at every level, slick and polished, and if you can't stomach that you'd better go get another bottle of bitter pills, because you'll be swallowing plenty the way that operation is going.

Yes you are right Midget it is "The KFE Brand". She is an employee of Trackside so do you not think that she may be using her employer, Trackside to push her brand?

Last week on Weigh In, a show that she compares, it showed herself for the umpteen time was hugging everyone after Extravagant's  great win. Now we have " The KFE  Brand"  further pushed with her being named " Mother Of Racing" by a colleague.

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Detach yourselves from the anti David Eliis &/or Te Akau thing and be more subjective.

1. They've pulled off a stunning replacement strategy letting Jason Bridgeman go ( and he's a decent bloke so this is not personal  ) and introducing Stevie Autridge, the reliable old and experienced operator, and Jamie Richards, they young and charming 'new blood'.

2. After some years of just going through to motions they're absolutely flying this year with numerous good colts and fillies, some bought in, some trained for studs, and they've even got a decent two year old, something that haven't had for a long time.

3. They appear to have embraced a "we are family " strategy and shifted DCE out of the limelight.

That young child was Tommy and Pam's daughter, and she's active in that stable so had some rights to get credit as appropriate.

KFE involves her daughters and family.

Jamie Richards is of very good racing stock, Paul and LeeAnne (sp?) are both superb racing people of long standing and the highest quality.

It all sends a warm fuzzy message, it's inclusive and has wide appeal, as distinct from the bullshit 'wink', "and did I tell you how much I spent on yearlings" strategy of years gone by.

4. Team Te Akau and KFE are winning the PR battle, that's a fact, they're media savvy at every level, slick and polished, and if you can't stomach that you'd better go get another bottle of bitter pills, because you'll be swallowing plenty the way that operation is going.

exactly right 'shortstuff' - the more they keep that orange tie wearing, profusely sweating winker out of the way the better.

In my opinion the main problem with KFE is that she has fingers in to many pies which leads to saturation of her brand.

The same applies to Miriama Kamo and Hilary Barry.Both of them great news readers but now Kamo not only presents the news but does a lifestyle show and the Sunday programme.Hillary Barry not only reads the news but now is a comic partner to Paul Henry.We are a small nation and it doesn't take long for people to get too much coverage.

I actually had a chance to meet KFE yesterdayin the Chairmans room(thanks to Cubes) and found her very personable .I think it great to see some passion from her about the stable she involved in.Great to see the Te Akau brand to the fore.It can only be good for racing to have one of the premier syndicators in the limelight and winning races on our big days.

18 hours ago, pete said:

Sorry but I don't get it. She had nothing to do with that win but because she happens to be a Trackside presenter we get subjected to the hugging and kissing.

She wasn't the owner or the trainer or the breeder  so why was the focus on her?

For Gods Sake.  Get Over It !!

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Spot On Midget.

Getting rid of the bitter and twisted attitudes from the industry will be a great start.