Ohokaman

William Reid Stakes field…..tougher for Imperatriz ?

WILLIAM REID STAKES FINAL FIELD

1 – THE ASTROLOGIST – Leon & Troy Corstens – Declan Bates – 9 – 58.5kg 

2 – THE INFERNO – Cliff Brown – Jake Noonan – 8 – 58.5kg 

3 – QUEMAN – Shane & Cassie Oxlade – Harry Coffey – 4 – 58.5kg 

4 – JOHNNY ROCKER – Nick Ryan – Rhys McLeod – 11 – 58.5kg 

5 – IMPERATRIZ – Mark Walker – Opie Bosson – 10 – 56.5kg 

6 – BELLA NIPOTINA – Ciaron Maher – John Allen – 3 – 56.5kg 

7 – I AM ME – Ciaron Maher – Ben Melham – 2 – 56.5kg 

8 – QUEEN OF THE BALL – Michael Freedman – 7 – 56.5kg 

9 – HYPOTHETICAL – Anthony & Sam Freedman – Michael Dee – 6 – 56.5kg 

10 – CYLINDER – James Cummings – TBD – 1 – 56kg 

11 – KING'S GAMBIT – Peter & Paul Snowden – TBD – 5 – 56kg

I think the draw works in her favor in this instance , we have seen how electric she is when sat back for the one final sprint , Cylinder drawing one and the evening of the weights will make it tough for him but he is very smart , I would say Queman with his pattern but WFA doesn't help him .

I think if she is at her best after her little setback and the race is run honestly then can't see her beaten , might get a nice price to .

3 minutes ago, Contentious said:

I thought I heard Imperatriz had a cardiac problem last start - is that correct?

No, that's not correct.  Berri had an Exercise-undiced pulmonary hemorrage, it was an internal hemorrage and is different to a bleeding attack where there is bleeding in the nostrils.

16 minutes ago, MissJools said:

No, that's not correct.  Berri had an Exercise-undiced pulmonary hemorrage, it was an internal hemorrage and is different to a bleeding attack where there is bleeding in the nostrils.

How is it different? Only severity I thought?

35 minutes ago, Leggy said:

How is it different? Only severity I thought?

Berri's hemorrage was internal, she wasn't classed as a bleeder, and wasn't stood down for 3 months.Apparently, it wasn't a serious hemorrage.

53 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Berri's hemorrage was internal, she wasn't classed as a bleeder, and wasn't stood down for 3 months.Apparently, it wasn't a serious hemorrage.

So "stand down" bleeding attacks have a nasal origin only -- not in any way pulmonary? And the stipes found this haemorrhage after scoping her after running a very fine second, not tailed off?

54 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

So "stand down" bleeding attacks have a nasal origin only -- not in any way pulmonary? And the stipes found this haemorrhage after scoping her after running a very fine second, not tailed off?

Gleeson said regular rider Opie Bosson would have no trouble overcoming the barrier on the nine-time Group 1 winner.

"We'd probably have liked it less had she drawn inside actually," Gleeson said

On 3/19/2024 at 3:05 PM, scooby3051 said:

Just ask Leggy it should be a walk in the park as barriers don't matter....LOL

That barrier is a positive for her. Much better than being drawn in the inside half of the field.

Leggy is right that on an overall basis "barriers don't matter" to a statistically-significant degree, especially when you consider that most punters think they do and so overbet horses drawn inside and underbet horses drawn outside. But on a case-by-case basis they matter; in this case the wide draw with only one runner outside her means Imperatriz should get a clean start without being hindered, and should land off the fence where she can come wide and round the leaders up late.

First thing I look at is the draw. Then the jockey and overall class of the race. Super reluctant to back wide draws unless definite class edge. Obviously everyone differs otherwise we’d all back the same horse. Track conditions and bias or lack of makes a difference. Then wide draws come into play. Whanganui in winter you have to be wide. JMO 

34 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

First thing I look at is the draw. Then the jockey and overall class of the race. Super reluctant to back wide draws unless definite class edge. Obviously everyone differs otherwise we’d all back the same horse. Track conditions and bias or lack of makes a difference. Then wide draws come into play. Whanganui in winter you have to be wide. JMO 

What do you mean by "overall class of the race" Memphis? And how do you assess jockeys and adjust your pricing accordingly?

3 hours ago, Pheroz said:

Berri is Imperatriz stable name

Thank you for that. I assume everyone else knew that except me. Someone mentioned it as if it was common knowledge. Tricky for us small punters who are not in the inner circle.

18 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Thank you for that. I assume everyone else knew that except me. Someone mentioned it as if it was common knowledge. Tricky for us small punters who are not in the inner circle.

I am like you WD - I did not know that. Maybe you would have to be involved with the stable to know OR maybe a Trackside interviewer 😁