RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MissJools

Owners to vote on Brightside rider

What do ya reckon, will Craig Williams retain the ride on Mr Brightside?

Craig Williams’ future as the rider of weight-for-age star Mr Brightside will be decided in an ownership vote over the next few days.

Mr Brightside’s co-trainer Ben Hayes confirmed on Monday that parts of the ownership group remained displeased with Williams’ ride on the horse when beaten in last Saturday’s All-Star Mile by the tearaway Pride Of Jenni.

Hayes, who admitted to being frustrated and disappointed post-race on Saturday after Mr Brightside drifted back towards the tail of the field and was unable to run down the leader, said that, on reflection, he was not against retaining Wiliams for the ride in two weeks in the Australian Cup at Flemington.

“It’s got to be decided over the next week,” Hayes said on Monday morning. “There will be a vote with the ownership group as there are divided opinions.

“I’ve had a think about it and I’d be relaxed if he (Williams) stays on.

“After talking to a lot of people, I was probably just in the moment on Saturday, but he made the decision that he thought was best and unfortunately it didn’t work out.

“When he jumped well and he snagged him, I was disappointed, but in hindsight it probably has been a good thing as he hasn’t had a gut-buster and has pulled up like a gazelle.

“After all, the Australian Cup is a G1 and so probably means more and its been a great race for our family so we’d love to go there and win another.

“It (All-Star Mile) was a non-event against her (Pride Of Jenni) because it was just unrealistic to think you could win from there. You just can’t be that far off her and catch her. She’s a very good horse. Very, very good.

“He was close enough first-up (Orr Stakes) and he got there and I think if he drew a barrier on Saturday he would have been close enough to make a race of it.

“We wanted to do that, but it didn’t work out.

“The horse has come through the race really well. With a good barrier, he’ll be close enough at 2000 metres and it’s (Australian Cup) shaping as some sort of race.”

What is it with some owners , are they just straight out greedy bastards , CW has won them millions on this horse over the last couple of seasons , now one ride that "They" think is average and they want sack him , Christ he ran second , I don't believe he would have gone any better ridden closer as he would have had to do a bit of work to be closer to the eventual winner and IMO he wouldn't have beaten her on the day , she was super .

Just like everything else in this world people want it all , be grateful for what you have got you miserable gits and stop being bad losers .

4 minutes ago, nomates said:

What is it with some owners , are they just straight out greedy bastards , CW has won them millions on this horse over the last couple of seasons , now one ride that "They" think is average and they want sack him , Christ he ran second , I don't believe he would have gone any better ridden closer as he would have had to do a bit of work to be closer to the eventual winner and IMO he wouldn't have beaten her on the day , she was super .

Just like everything else in this world people want it all , be grateful for what you have got you miserable gits and stop being bad losers .

He's not going to win every race he runs in, he wasn't going to beat Pride of Jenni in the ASM, but 2nd isn't too bad a placing either.

30 minutes ago, nomates said:

I agree.  If they'd ridden him closer it probably would have stuffed up his breathing :)

Good barriers make a huge difference unless the horse is clearly superior to the opposition or very good luck goes it’s way. 
There’s not much in ability between the first 2 in the All Star Mile and the barriers had a huge influence. Williams probably couldn’t win it either way from the draw because Jenny ran very good horses off their legs.

22 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Good barriers make a huge difference unless the horse is clearly superior to the opposition or very good luck goes it’s way. 

Any empirical evidence of that relative to the chance of the horse, barriers aside?

1 minute ago, Leggy said:

Any empirical evidence of that relative to the chance of the horse, barriers aside?

What the friggin hell does that mean? 

Once again Mr ......... all comes on to try and show us up!

Come in Miss Jools, you might be able to help us understand Curious, otherwise known as Leggy.

😂

8 minutes ago, Insider said:

Come in Miss Jools, you might be able to help us understand Curious, otherwise known as Leggy.

😂

Sorry, I can't help you.  I'm not a teacher.

43 minutes ago, Insider said:

😂

I thought that was a fair question even if you don't understand it. My NZ data says that barriers make no significant difference to the chance of a horse winning relative to its chance regardless of barrier. Might be different in OZ. I don't have the data to assess that.

Seemed like a simple question to me.

Just now, Leggy said:

I thought that was a fair question even if you don't understand it. MY NZ data says that barriers make no significant difference to the chance of a horse winning relative to its chance regardless of barrier. Might be different in OZ. I don't have the data to assess that.

Well then your data is crap because in my opinion [data] the further up the grades you go, when the competition get more equal, my data says that barriers do make a difference, leaving aside track bias etc.

For $2500 I'll share my data with you, but only if you don't enter the competitions.

P.S. In actual fact I don't believe that you really trust your data anyway otherwise you would be in the competitions. n0?

Sorry Insider, the comps don't reflect the way I know how to bet, so I'd be hopeless in them.

If you think your opinion is data then good luck to you. Hope that helps your punting successes.

The barriers made no difference in the race in question. The mare was always going to go to the front and no one was going to argue with her, not even Buffalo River. Brightside was always going to settle back because that is his pattern. She was unbeatable on the day on a short straight track like Caulfield.

4 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

The barriers made no difference in the race in question. The mare was always going to go to the front and no one was going to argue with her, not even Buffalo River. Brightside was always going to settle back because that is his pattern. She was unbeatable on the day on a short straight track like Caulfield.

Well said.

So in Aus Cup, 400 m further, twice the straight to catch a leader in....is he a moral?

Cascadian? Is Jenni racing?

My NZ data says that barriers make no significant difference to the chance of a horse winning relative to its chance regardless of barrier. Might be different in OZ. I don't have the data to assess that.

my australian data says that when the barrier draw comes out for the Golden Slipper 😍 it's very likely the market will change significantly .

why is that s0 ?             a very wise man once said !

because each horses chance IS affected by the barrier , n0?

23 minutes ago, pogo(aus) said:

My NZ data says that barriers make no significant difference to the chance of a horse winning relative to its chance regardless of barrier. Might be different in OZ. I don't have the data to assess that.

my australian data says that when the barrier draw comes out for the Golden Slipper 😍 it's very likely the market will change significantly .

why is that s0 ?             a very wise man once said !

because each horses chance IS affected by the barrier , n0?

I agree but Leggy doesn't. 

One of us is right and one of us is wrong.

I am prepared to enter the competitions and show my hand.

Leggy wont other than espouse that he knows all. 

I wonder why he won't put all his knowledge to the test like the rest of us?

P.S. He has tired me out tonight so I am taking a self imposed break from trying to reason with him for 7 days.

25 minutes ago, Insider said:

I agree but Leggy doesn't. 

One of us is right and one of us is wrong.

I am prepared to enter the competitions and show my hand.

Leggy wont other than espouse that he knows all. 

I wonder why he won't put all his knowledge to the test like the rest of us?

P.S. He has tired me out tonight so I am taking a self imposed break from trying to reason with him for 7 days.

He’s not alone tho Insider. There are quite a few experts on here who don’t enter the comps. 

57 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

He’s not alone tho Insider. There are quite a few experts on here who don’t enter the comps. 

Oh dear. 🙄    this Leggy bloke has rattled Liz the Insider and she is annoyed he is Not Comp fodder old mate.

I've drawn Liz this week,  so feel like that is like that is same as drawing Barrier 22 this week after seeing this thread 😆,  and i'm gunna get caught 16 wide.😁 

those INSIDE insider draws bit of my league. 🤣  maybe Pogo n0 🇦🇺 at the other end of the ladder can slip me a tip ? 😎🇦🇺

3 hours ago, pogo(aus) said:

Yes. I agree with that. Barrier draws definitely affect markets and not just the GS one.