I missed of missed something, but went to have a place 6 today and noticed not available. Rang help desk who informed me they have decided to get rid of it. Was this publicized ??Ā  The chap said they are making improvements, then proceeded to tell me I can do fixed odds places on the 6 races. I said I like to take multiples so that is not feasible, he said oh yeah. If I missed news on this, my bad. If not I find it incredulous they just do it, plus found it strange help desk was no real help sigh

10 minutes ago, Palliser said:

I missed of missed something, but went to have a place 6 today and noticed not available. Rang help desk who informed me they have decided to get rid of it. Was this publicized ??Ā  The chap said they are making improvements, then proceeded to tell me I can do fixed odds places on the 6 races. I said I like to take multiples so that is not feasible, he said oh yeah. If I missed news on this, my bad. If not I find it incredulous they just do it, plus found it strange help desk was no real help sigh

You are only a customer , why the F#@K would they inform you of anything , be grateful you can still do win and place .

Oxymoron TAB/help .

2 hours ago, Idolmite said:

The only plsce I've seen it mentioned is in another thread on Race Cafe, with regards the Place 6 AND the Pick 6 being quietly buried.Ā 

I had an email from them.

Dear Ted,

This year is going to be a big one for us here at the TAB.

As we prepare to provide our customers with some of the new things theyā€™ve been asking for, weā€™ve also had to look at some of the products we currently offer TAB customers. As part of this, Fixed Odds First4, Pick6 and Place6 bet types will no longer be offered from today, Wednesday 13 March.

We can see that these are bet types youā€™ve used recently and understand you might be disappointed by their removal. We have lots of great alternative bet types for you to consider:

For Fixed Odds First4:
Ā· Tote First4
Ā· Fixed Trifectas

For Pick6:
Ā· Quaddies

For Place6:
Ā· Fixed Odds Multis

Thanks for continuing to be a valued customer of TAB.

Ā 

The TAB Team

12 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I had an email from them.

Dear Ted,

This year is going to be a big one for us here at the TAB.

As we prepare to provide our customers with some of the new things theyā€™ve been asking for, weā€™ve also had to look at some of the products we currently offer TAB customers. As part of this, Fixed Odds First4, Pick6 and Place6 bet types will no longer be offered from today, Wednesday 13 March.

We can see that these are bet types youā€™ve used recently and understand you might be disappointed by their removal. We have lots of great alternative bet types for you to consider:

For Fixed Odds First4:
Ā· Tote First4
Ā· Fixed Trifectas

For Pick6:
Ā· Quaddies

For Place6:
Ā· Fixed Odds Multis

Ā 

The TAB Team

Ā 

They may as well have just said:

We have lots of great alternatives for you to consider:

For Decent Service and punting options:
Ā· Ladbrokes

Just now, Houlahan's Dream said:

What a bunch of losers, honestly. Exactly. On BET365 there are soooo many options for my punting dollar....so why would I bet with TAB?

Ā 

Why? Because one day that might be all you have, and betting on Australian racing only. New Zealand will go the way of Singapore and Macau if this doesn't work. Some of us will still be around to see what happens after 2028, others won't. I won't be, but l just hope this cash injection in the long term, somehow. I don't agree with everything they're doing, but they have to do something otherwise the lights likely would be turned off during my lifetime.Ā 

Seems a bit weird no place 6, a jackpotting pick 6 on Saturday might have hadĀ  and might still make sense, I wasn't aware that first 4 was fixed, I also note that for most aussie meetings no doubles or trebles, some had no interest at all, place 6 in NZ was reasonably popular, I've also noted that corners betting on live football is gone for most game's, probably other options too.

Some of the quaddies on the aussie gallops seem quite small, maybe the pools are not being commingled, I guess that's another thing that will be gone, sometime.

1 hour ago, Idolmite said:

Why? Because one day that might be all you have, and betting on Australian racing only. New Zealand will go the way of Singapore and Macau if this doesn't work. Some of us will still be around to see what happens after 2028, others won't. I won't be, but l just hope this cash injection in the long term, somehow. I don't agree with everything they're doing, but they have to do something otherwise the lights likely would be turned off during my lifetime.Ā 

Look, I get they are in a situation. But I cannot see how reducing our punt options, works for them as a model.Ā 

They need to do better.Ā 

Are Pick 6 and Place 6 available with Aussie (particularly other Entain) corps? I never hear mention of P6s in Aussie broadcasts, but they all mention the quaddies. It could be as simple as "We're replacing the current betting software with a TAB-coloured version what we use for Lads and Neds" and it'll have upsides (fewer crashes, quicker acceptance of sports bets) which outweigh the downsides (No P6, Pl6, FO F4).

Place 6 was a great bet type, but if the stock Entain software doesn't allow it and it doesn't make financial sense to upgrade the software to add it then it has to go.

Watch this space people, it's all hooray wah wah at the moment with Entain and their money tree.

Believe me the money will run out, and they will disappear, and the industry will suffer. Why because what they are doing is not sustainable, I can't see where the revenue is going to exceed the expenditureĀ 

Ā 

2 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Another comment from someone with a small mind.You cannot wait to put the boot in by the time they fail you will be gone

Interesting, so you agree they will fail, just whether I will be around or not šŸ¤”

It just annoys me they do things without engaging with the customers that invest. Personally I really liked Place 6. If I was able to have a thought or opinion, it would be to have a look at trifectas, first 4s, I think they compete with each other resulting at times poor dividends due to pool size. So why not only have first 4s on the main couple of races on the programme or premier meets on all 3 codes. It would make trifectas more attractive and when first 4s are on offer people would climb into them knowing the pools will be large. Just my opinion

I have always been a fan of the Pick 6 especially when the pool would get up to $1 million on the odd occasion. That was quite a few years ago and it hasn't been the same for quite a while now.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:00 PM, rdytdy said:

Valued? I don't think so! I have been a fan of pick 6 for a long time, and in more recent years the place 6, so am really disappointed and brassed off.Ā  After 40 years as an account holder, I will unfortunately be looking at other options than NZ Tab.

8 minutes ago, diesel said:

Valued? I don't think so! I have been a fan of pick 6 for a long time, and in more recent years the place 6, so am really disappointed and brassed off.Ā  After 40 years as an account holder, I will unfortunately be looking at other options than NZ Tab.

Are there other options that offer pick6 on NZ racing?

5 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Are there other options that offer pick6 on NZ racing?

Ā 

Only doing your own six-leg fixed-odds multi really. Which isn't really on for those who liked to take a number of horses per leg in the Pick 6 and utilise the % betting option. That was especially good with jackpots, but so many Pick 6's in recent years have been made "terminating" so the word "jackpot" became a historical term. Ā 

Seems rather clear that any bet type not included in the ā€œabout to be introducedā€ betting software has been quietly discontinued so as not to be an embarrassment - the hype is all that the new software is a wonderful replacement for a current dog of a system.

34 minutes ago, Peter R S said:

Seems rather clear that any bet type not included in the ā€œabout to be introducedā€ betting software has been quietly discontinued so as not to be an embarrassment - the hype is all that the new software is a wonderful replacement for a current dog of a system.

Ā 

It'll be interesting for sure. I've got used to the current system and don't mind it at all. In saying that though, I'm a one night per week and one day per week punter at best, outside of things like the Melbourne Cup and NZ Trotting Cup, so don't use it as often as most of those that have complained on here about it since the day of its inception. As an old fart new technology can be confusing. Too confusing means we find something else to do with any spare time and dollarsĀ šŸ¤£

Apperently the reason they stopped place 6 was it tied punters money up. So first question is why did they launch the product in the first place.

In my case yes I sat on my place 6 bet, this week I decided not to visit my TAB, a small protest but I felt better. I've got mates who bet on anything going, so this Saturday they bet on everything except place 6 so the only missing out is the TAB.

Another TAB Sales Marketing cock up.

Ā 

On 3/15/2024 at 4:48 PM, Palliser said:

So why not only have first 4s on the main couple of races on the programme or premier meets on all 3 codes. It would make trifectas more attractive and when first 4s are on offer people would climb into them knowing the pools will be large. Just my opinion

First 4's on all races is likely to be a requirement of their commingling agreement.