RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ponderosa8

Trackside - Channel 64 today

Just done some further research.

The Premier Channel on Sky is the same one that TVNZ streamed, it only runs for a few hours on certain days it's not available on TAB site and the Everest Day was the first day of its kind, if you don't have Sky then it's on TVNZs platform, good idea I initially stated that the coverage was almost overkill but not at all.

Next day it seems is day 1 of Cup Week...............folks I don't know everything, one learns something new everyday🙂

22 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Just done some further research.

The Premier Channel on Sky is the same one that TVNZ streamed, it only runs for a few hours on certain days it's not available on TAB site and the Everest Day was the first day of its kind, if you don't have Sky then it's on TVNZs platform, good idea I initially stated that the coverage was almost overkill but not at all.

Next day it seems is day 1 of Cup Week...............folks I don't know everything, one learns something new everyday🙂

I think that was all pointed out earlier in this thread the day the first show went to air [Everest Day].

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

No premier channel today ?

It's going to get very congested on Trackside 1  and 2

Spot on, race 4 from Wingatui finishes with close photo for 3rd. Straight back to studio for 10 minute build up for next race from Melbourne. Never went back to Wingatui, and placings and divides didn't happen either ?? It seems local racing today doesn't matter. I wonder what goes on in the planning process for the days racing, surely they can get the balance better 😡

32 minutes ago, Palliser said:

Spot on, race 4 from Wingatui finishes with close photo for 3rd. Straight back to studio for 10 minute build up for next race from Melbourne. Never went back to Wingatui, and placings and divides didn't happen either ?? It seems local racing today doesn't matter. I wonder what goes on in the planning process for the days racing, surely they can get the balance better 😡

Same again for race 5, how hard is it to at least flash the dividends up. I have no idea what influence this Entain mob have ?? .. surely this is just BAU planning. I reserve my opinion on anything Entain add to NZ racing, because money is not the be all and end all.

21 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

They show recorded paradE ring from Flemington then it normally dove tails into the race. Not today . Cross back to the studio for two minutes of babble. Plus we are getting the ch10 not racing.com coverage which is inferior. 

And have to listen to Eddie who knows everything , the guy grates me .

Personally I think Flemington, Pukekohe and Wingatui should be on Premier, but there is so much racing you can't cover them all but maybe some just have to  be forgotten about today, no one in NZ is interested in lots of it.

5 minutes ago, Palliser said:

Rung help desk, lady on the phone was good, and said she will pass on the fact they don't even put the dividends up on the screen. Unfortunately still nothing, so they don't give a toss obviously.

I told them at the help desk about 2 years ago about the radio coverage and still nothing fucking done lol

Now I've closed all the tabs on my tablet and now I've got a different version of the TAB, when reloading, unless Entain have changed it, this version I'm looking at is far inferior to the one I loaded when I bought the tablet a few months back.

22 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

Crap coverage. Emily babbling. 

She's over-exposed big time."Babbling" is spot on. Getting tired of the 10 year old schoolgirl diatribe. Where's the measured, mature commentary of a "Susan Archer"?

2 hours ago, chevy86 said:

She's over-exposed big time."Babbling" is spot on. Getting tired of the 10 year old schoolgirl diatribe. Where's the measured, mature commentary of a "Susan Archer"?

Susan Archer works for Arrowfield Stud in Australia.

3 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Susan Archer works for Arrowfield Stud in Australia.

And Jayne works for Racing.com so with the deal with Channel 10 she’s been relegated to supporting her partner who is part of taking out the Melbourne Cup. 

It is what it is, but the “mixing” of the commentary on the Cup by the studio (obviously in Australia) was absolutely crap. 

Hopefully the “real” racing people will be back in control from Thursday. 

By the way… where was Francesca, although I have no complaints with Michelle Payne. 

28 minutes ago, Insider said:

And Jayne works for Racing.com so with the deal with Channel 10 she’s been relegated to supporting her partner who is part of taking out the Melbourne Cup. 

It is what it is, but the “mixing” of the commentary on the Cup by the studio (obviously in Australia) was absolutely crap. 

By the way… where was Francesca, although I have no complaints with Michelle Payne. 

You get Channel 10 as they have paid for the rights of the cup and provide the world wide international feed. They pay for the 4 days. Racing.com is the industry channel and broadcast it locally, when it comes to the cup carnival.

this is channel ten’s last year…no word yet who gets it but its looking like Channel 9 potentially.

30 minutes ago, Insider said:

Cumani has not long had another child

23 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

You get Channel 10 as they have paid for the rights of the cup and provide the world wide international feed. They pay for the 4 days. Racing.com is the industry channel and broadcast it locally, when it comes to the cup carnival.

this is channel ten’s last year…no word yet who gets it but its looking like Channel 9 potentially.

Wasnt it Channel 10 who cut to an ad in the middle of the Vic Derby on Saturday?  Sheesh if that was trackside we would all be motorcading to Petone