Pete Lane

RaceCafe Tips Thread Updated Daily

Ruakaka today:

Race 4: #10 Swerve - The only horse to make ground in a race dominated by those on speed (first five home were first five past the post), closing off in a fastly run race fresh shows to me that they have come back well as they run best when the race is run at it's fastest. Fastest last 800m, 600m and 400m of the race and Warren Kennedy on board a huge positive. The race looks to have a reasonable amount of speed in it. $11

Race 5: #1 Pozzi Vibe - Sat 3 wide without any cover for the majority of its last start, weakening late as expected. Draws a lot better in two so should find a safer spot for an on-pacer and back in trip never concerns me for a leader. $7

Race 7: #9 Lookseasy - Good strong winner 2 back at Pukekohe over this distance. Struggled a little in a much stronger race last start at Pukekohe, got back in a race difficult to make ground. Freshened so back in trip a good thing. A low draw of 3 suggests that Tayla Mitchell who is riding really well should find forward position in running and around Ruakaka on good footing may well be in for a long way.  $12

Race 8: #4 Amorous Stu - Good run on resumption when beaten a length. When challenged at the top of the straight displayed good fight in a race where coming off them wasn't a negative. Good draw to lead, Joe Doyle riding well, second up can pounce.

2 hours ago, say no more said:

Two H2Hs today.  My winning % can only improve (soon hopefully)

R1 Wilewink $1.70 to beat Pillar of Society

R3 Seydoux $1.80 to beat Raven

Ouch you picked the quinella but wrong way round for your bet 😮💨

Track downgraded from a Soft 5 to a Soft 6 before the first, then to Heavy 8 after the first. I hadn't really looked at heavy track form, and was keen on the fave in the first despite a couple of key negatives. That didn't work out.

R1 Already run and won, but I had 7 25u @ 2.1. Dumb bet in hindsight, and not just because it lost.

R2 Wet track hurts 3 (who I'd found) but really helps 4&6 (which I hadn't). I'm 1 from 7-6-4, 1 9u @ 4.8, 7 2u @ 7.5.

R3 No bet. 1-3-9-4.

R4 No bet. 2-7-3-9.

R5 9-10 then 1-4-3. 9 7u @ 7, 10 1u @ 11, 1 2u @ 8.

R6 6 5u @ 4.5, 3 3u @ 6.5. 1 next best. Wet a negative for the 6.

R7 I found 8-4-3-2, but 5-6-7-9 will appreciate the rain and 3 won't. Definitely 8 5u @ 5 and 4 1u @ 11, could maybe find a bet on another one or two (probably 7&6)

R8 No bet. 4-9-12-7.

Edit: R5 is 1 2u @ 8 (I had put 2 2u @ 8).

Edited by chiknsmack

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

I’m surprised it has lasted this long, visibility is terrible and a complete lottery for all and sundry.

Will Kumara and/or Trentham survive tomorrow?

3 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

R1 Already run and won, but I had 7 25u @ 2.1 u. Dumb bet in hindsight, and not just because it lost.

R2 Wet track hurts 3 (who I'd found) but really helps 4&6 (which I hadn't). I'm 1 from 7-6-4, 1 9u @ 4.8 1st, 7 2u @ 7.5 u.

R3 No bet. 1-3-9-4.

R4 No bet. 2-7-3-9.

36u out, 43.2u in. I was looking forward to my other bets though.

3 hours ago, Pakaraka Star said:

M18 Canterbury Park tonight R7 #2 Sophias Magic was in my favourites.

Fairly sure I favourited it after a run in NZ and now its popped up on the scene in Aus under Waller so read into that what you will.

$4.90 place from a 7 horse field not bad I guess.  Would have preferred a firmer track.