RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
von Smallhaussen

Riccarton locals

Cubes is always easy to spot 'cause of the eye patch and the regulation sombrero

Mrs Cubes is easy to spot 'cause she is the one who had to visit the day spa , get the new outfit , buy another freaking fascinator ( and it's only the first day of the carnival !!!) , blow out the credit card balance and gets Cubity to run fool's errands at vital puntingness moments (like......can you get me another glass of Lindauer ?) !

10 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

At the urinals  :lol:

not just any toilets though Ted....

the ones in the Washdyke Wonder room. Twenty feet from the tote. Sixty from the bar. Great view of the track. Best punters on track. Best crowd. And with Cup Week stretching endlessly in front of us as we have the first beer of many a bit before midday saturday. 

Wouldn't be anywhere else.....

10 hours ago, chelseacol said:

good call Cubes if slightly cryptic,

We will be the noisy winning crowd in that room von S. Be a pleasure to buy you a few drinks. May have a spare members ticket if useful.

Col

Thanks Col will let you know if needed (hopefully not)

See you people tomorrow sometime

Will there be anywhere to tie your sheep up ?

What colour moleskin trousers will you be wearing ?

Will you be wearing a blue and white check Airtech shirt, or a white and blue check ?

What colour brown R M Williams boots will you be wearing ?

ZZ Top or The Travelling Wilburys ?

Big Ben or 4 & 20 ?

Speights or Lion Red ?

Hilux or D-Max chariot ?

Will the missus wear a nice navy blue top with minty jade green collar, or a greeny jade top with a navy blue collar ?

How many blokes with sunburnt arms named Richie or Hamish will be leaning on the bar ?

Will we talk about earthquake recovery ?

It's going to be a big week in the greater Rangiora area.

9 hours ago, Shad said:

Is it members only or can any pheasant get a day pass, where is the best place to look at all the racing memorabilia, might try to go cup day. 

Other 'Cafers who actually leave the bar and wander 'round a bit may know better , but Cubes believes the memorabilia room is the Mellay Room which is in the old grand National Stand and it is open to all this Saturday but not next Saturday (NZ Cup Day) .

1 hour ago, Cubes said:

You do realise we are not all actual people , don't you Smallmeister ?:ph34r:

will look out for all shapes and those drinking out of square glasses ;)

leave the moleskins at home - check

don't wear blue/white check shirt - check

wear black shoes - check

listen to the Vanguards - check

no pies - just Monteiths - check

missus to wear blue and jade top - check :o

A few etiquette guidelines and conversation starters if you're at Riccarton, a sort of a "cheat sheet" if you've never been to Canterbury, their premium suburb Rangiora, or shagged your mother/sister/brother/goat, but you want to know how those that have think so you can relate to them.

IMG_6811.PNG

IMG_6812.PNG

IMG_6813.PNG

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Will there be anywhere to tie your sheep up ?

What colour moleskin trousers will you be wearing ?

Will you be wearing a blue and white check Airtech shirt, or a white and blue check ?

What colour brown R M Williams boots will you be wearing ?

ZZ Top or The Travelling Wilburys ?

Big Ben or 4 & 20 ?

Speights or Lion Red ?

Hilux or D-Max chariot ?

Will the missus wear a nice navy blue top with minty jade green collar, or a greeny jade top with a navy blue collar ?

How many blokes with sunburnt arms named Richie or Hamish will be leaning on the bar ?

Will we talk about earthquake recovery ?

It's going to be a big week in the greater Rangiora area.

I've never seen greater and Rangiora put together in one sentence before.

24 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I've never seen greater and Rangiora put together in one sentence before.

Ok, let's try that.

When God created the world, after seven long hard days, he was buggered, but he hadn't given the world an arsehole, and so he created Rangiora, St Peter ( his foreman on the job ) said " God, I love your work, and thee hath never created a greater arsehole than Rangiora", and God said unto Peter, but I am the almighty one....let me show you a refined and magnificent arsehole that is greater than all the rest....and so on the eighth day he created two, Kakama and Colin and gave them shelter in Rangiora ( in a caravan, up on chocks ) next to the tattoo parlor, just across from the kebab shop, and behind the panel beaters.

Colin and Kakama lived happily ever after .

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Ok, let's try that.

When God created the world, after seven long hard days, he was buggered, but he hadn't given the world an arsehole, and so he created Rangiora, St Peter ( his foreman on the job ) said " God, I love your work, and thee hath never created a greater arsehole than Rangiora", and God said unto Peter, but I am the almighty one....let me show you a refined and magnificent arsehole that is greater than all the rest....and so on the eighth day he created two, Kakama and Colin and gave them shelter in Rangiora ( in a caravan, up on chocks ) next to the tattoo parlor, just across from the kebab shop, and behind the panel beaters.

Midget on the pull again......:rolleyes:

IMG_1814.JPG

8 hours ago, Midget said:

Ok, let's try that.

Haha like it

Not being able to read that well due to lack of the schooling - I only got the gist of what you wrote - but I think it means  I am greater than most - thanks Smidgeon

Col

:P