I see in the trots at Rangiora there are a heap of races where runners comments are missing. This is a frequent occurrence. Tried helpdesk, all I got was "oh yes you're right" .. SO what now ?? what is the point of having people at help desk that can't help ffs.

Have to check comments on HRNZ, TAB site lacking comments for harness . All comments  that they post for races are not helpful anyway. Be betting less on gallops from now on. Have to watch race replays to find blackbookers.

5 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Have to check comments on HRNZ, TAB site lacking comments for harness . All comments  that they post for races are not helpful anyway. Be betting less on gallops from now on. Have to watch race replays to find blackbookers.

Yes agree, the comments are very inconsistent. It appears whoever is doing the comments on all codes are not Kiwi analysts  ? .. it's a bloody shambles. The thing about it is, us as customers can't do anything about it and are basically helpless. Entain my you know what 

On 5/19/2024 at 6:13 PM, Palliser said:

Yes agree, the comments are very inconsistent. It appears whoever is doing the comments on all codes are not Kiwi analysts  ? .. it's a bloody shambles. The thing about it is, us as customers can't do anything about it and are basically helpless. Entain my you know what 

Yes they are not analysts at all. They will be part of the same crew that work out of a building like the filipino phone operators do who do all the comment for the Aussie bookmaker sites. People that know some horse racing jargon but basically just data entry operators producing words that school kids could do. Most of these people were bank tellers in a previous life.

And what about the fact that they refuse to advertise at the top of a race wether its a stand or mobile start!!

This Friday we see the running of the $250,000 Auckland cup ....and the race is up like this ....

Trillian Trust Auckland Cup Ffa Pace (G1) Distance: 3200m.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well hello .....the most important fact missing as its changed a few times over the years from stand to mobile and back again .....so what is it this year??? .......absolutely shocking customer service to the punters.
Oh and of course ....NO STAKE either ......that's terrible.

18 minutes ago, Friend Family said:

And what about the fact that they refuse to advertise at the top of a race wether its a stand or mobile start!!

This Friday we see the running of the $250,000 Auckland cup ....and the race is up like this ....

Well hello .....the most important fact missing as its changed a few times over the years from stand to mobile and back again .....so what is it this year??? .......absolutely shocking customer service to the punters.

Seems it states if it's a mobile  under race heading and stakes are displayed in full form page.

Ever since I can remember (and that's a few years) races are Stands unless otherwise stated.     If it's a mobile this is always stated and I prsume same for walk up starts or any other variation.     I'm sure it is in the rules somewhere.

2 hours ago, Friend Family said:

Probably too embarrassed to mention the stake.

Mike NZ .....you might be a good 'hound dog' but you simply haven't picked up the scent on this one mate.

Every race on Friday night have ....Mobile pace ...or Mobile trot next to the race name.

If its a Stand then its got Hdcp pace or Trot.....BUT the Auckland Cup (the nights highlight) has NEITHER.......just FFA which tells us nothing......could be stand ....could be mobile! ......and don't start me on the stake that should be on every race without having to dig into FULL FORM etc etc.....it should be next to every race name.

Trillian Trust Auckland Cup Ffa Pace (G1)
| Distance: 3200mtrs.

19 hours ago, Friend Family said:

Mike NZ .....you might be a good 'hound dog' but you simply haven't picked up the scent on this one mate.

Every race on Friday night have ....Mobile pace ...or Mobile trot next to the race name.

If its a Stand then its got Hdcp pace or Trot.....BUT the Auckland Cup (the nights highlight) has NEITHER.......just FFA which tells us nothing......could be stand ....could be mobile! ......and don't start me on the stake that should be on every race without having to dig into FULL FORM etc etc.....it should be next to every race name.

Trillian Trust Auckland Cup Ffa Pace (G1)
| Distance: 3200mtrs.

All off the front (FFA) but a stand 

But Eljay a FFA can also be a Mobile which is my point....... FFA just means they all start off the same mark ......but can be stand or mobile.

Confused>??? .....well that's WHY they should put (Mob) or (Stand) after FFA.

Thanks for your input anyway Eljay and YES its a standing start and should be a good contest as well.......but PUL-EASE TAB do your job and put it up there for your customers along with the stake as they are the two most important things when we are assessing the race.

8 minutes ago, Friend Family said:

But Eljay a FFA can also be a Mobile which is my point....... FFA just means they all start off the same mark ......but can be stand or mobile.

Thanks for your input anyway Eljay and YES its a standing start and should be a good contest as well.......but PUL-EASE TAB do your job and put it up there for your customers along with the stake as they are the two most important things when we are assessing the 

Have you got nothing better to do?

29 minutes ago, Friend Family said:

Well said 'Flasher' .....anyone that doesn't bet would not realise the importance of the subject at hand.

I shouldn't bite but, would you not bet on the Auckland Cup if it was only 150000 ?

It's just a flipping horse race, same as hundreds of others today, I think for those who bet  a lot  probably don't care.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

I shouldn't bite but, would you not bet on the Auckland Cup if it was only 150000 ?

It's just a flipping horse race, same as hundreds of others today, I think for those who bet  a lot  probably don't care.

Perhaps the stupidest post you have ever made. Its a Grp 1 for starters as is the Rowe Cup on same night.

Do you ever think before you post.? Evidence suggests not

31 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Perhaps the stupidest post you have ever made. Its a Grp 1 for starters as is the Rowe Cup on same night.

Do you ever think before you post.? Evidence suggests not

I think if you have  any interest in the Auckland or Rowe Cup  or Harness Racing  you should probably  know the stake, if you don't then you obviously know nothing, for many of  the average people in the pub having a bet don't give a  shit and probably will be watching the NRL or Rugby anyway. 

The question still is, is it that important on TAB site if stakes there or not, remembering it is on the full form page, seems petty to me, as it is.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

I think if you have  any interest in the Auckland or Rowe Cup  or Harness Racing  you should probably  know the stake, if you don't then you obviously know nothing, for many of  the average people in the pub having a bet don't give a  shit and probably will be watching the NRL or Rugby anyway. 

The question still is, is it that important on TAB site if stakes there or not, remembering it is on the full form page, seems petty to me, as it is.

More incoherent nonsense from you- why am i and others not surprised.

We fortunately live in a democracy and Scoobie allows you to post on here without prejudice. 

3 hours ago, mikenz said:

The stake of the Auckland Trotting Cup has been up and down like a whore's drawers in recent years. I defy anybody to rattle them off without a little research. 

And the stake is important, as anybody having a remotely serious punt wants to know that it's likely all in the field are trying to win. 

We all realise you have nooooo idea Mikey, but do you really have to remind us so regularly?

8 hours ago, Friend Family said:

Thanks for your input anyway Eljay and YES its a standing start and should be a good contest as well.......but PUL-EASE TAB do your job and put it up there for your customers along with the stake as they are the two most important things when we are assessing the race.

That's what I said in earlier post.       The race doesn't say mobile regardless of whether it a handicap or a FFA - so it's a stand.     Quite simple really. 

18 minutes ago, eljay said:

That's what I said in earlier post.       The race doesn't say mobile regardless of whether it a handicap or a FFA - so it's a stand.     Quite simple really. 

Punters shouldn't have to guess though. We only have two ways of starting races, mobile or stand. It's basic information that should be there, up front, in black and white. They're probably too embarrassed to print that the stake is only $250,000, when it was $600,000 15 years ago.  

Stake money

The stake money for the Auckland Cup has fluctuated over the years:

• $180,000 for the 2023 year.
  • $400,000 for the 2022 year.
  • $196,000 for the 2020 year.
  • $245,000 for the 2019 year, which compared to $750,000 for the New Zealand Trotting Cup.
  • $600,000 for the 2009 Auckland Cup[1] ($1 million for the New Zealand Cup).

And how's this for information copied straight from the Alexandra Park website? Self Insured?

With a proud history since 1890, the Auckland Trotting Cup has been won by many of New Zealand's champion standardbreds

Twelve horses have won the Auckland Trotting Cup on two occasions with the most recent being Self Insured in 2019 and 2022. Other dual winners include some of New Zealand’s most famous standardbreds as follows; Captain Sandy (1948 & 49), Cardigan Bay (1961 & 1963), Chokin (1993 & 94), Delightful Lady (1980 & 81), Elsu (2003 & 04), Gold Jacket (1928 & 29), Luxury Liner (1987 & 88), Man O’War (1920 & 21), Soangetaha (1951 & 52), Steel Bell (1914 & 17) and Themightyquinn (2011 & 13).

Eljay said ..... That's what I said in earlier post.       The race doesn't say mobile regardless of whether it a handicap or a FFA - so it's a stand.     Quite simple really.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What was wrong with the books of yester-year like the Best Bets.

Race name ....stake ....conditions ....(Mob) or (Stand) .....to the uninitiated FFA means stuff all bar they are all racing off the same mark.

So we will agree to disagree on this point Eljay OK .....you like it ....most of us DON'T. 😡.