Pheroz

Imperatriz sale

Thats  rubbish and makes no sense at all. Imperatriz was Te Akau's flag bearer in Australia and the publicity and media attention she attracted would have been  of immense value  as Te Akau seeks to establish a profile in Australia. Why would they jeopardize that  opportunity  and sell the horse? It may be some time before they find another Imperatriz. I am sure if her health was'nt at risk she would have raced on.

1 hour ago, Pheroz said:

Any thoughts on the sale price ? I am picking she will break the record which I believe is 5 or 5.1 Million.

Depends upon whether the Yank gets challenged by other Studs. Amazing how he has gone from none to 100 in a year so money is obviously no hindrance.

On 5/21/2024 at 7:42 AM, Pheroz said:

Thats  rubbish and makes no sense at all. Imperatriz was Te Akau's flag bearer in Australia and the publicity and media attention she attracted would have been  of immense value  as Te Akau seeks to establish a profile in Australia. Why would they jeopardize that  opportunity  and sell the horse? It may be some time before they find another Imperatriz. I am sure if her health was'nt at risk she would have raced on.

Imperatriz was thoroughly checked by qualified veterinarians and they were told that she wouldn't stand up to another high level preperation, so Te Akau decided not to risk any potential injuries and decided to retire her!!  They wouldn't have wanted to see her breakdown in a race,  it is sad to see her retire, but I think the correct decision was made.