Black Kirrama

Gary Edge Tribute race , Cambridge 10.07 24 Omen bets .

Love and thoughts for Gary's family tomorrow.The Gary Edge Tribute.Race 5 .

Looking for an Oman bet  I have conferred  with historians and Gary never won a 1000 m race.

Most of the riders tomorrow , in that race were not born when Gary won his Group ( now ) Ones.

How ever...and it's a long however.. Jim, ( Gubilinene )  pointed this  connection out  for us...

# 9 Fairshare  trained by Stephen Autridge  traces to that wonderful mare Richborgue , who was by

Vice Regal. 1973 colt  by Bismark _ Kind Regards )

Gary Edge rode Vice Regal for Jim and Ngaire Campin. 

Gub will give us his stats on Vice Regal !!

Vice Regal 60 starts- 21 wins, 8 seconds, 6 thirds. Stakes $220,616.

At 2- 5 wins including ARC Ellerslie Sires' Produce Stakes 1400m.

At 3- 6 wins including Cambridge Breeders' Stakes 1200m, Great Northern Guineas 1600m, Wellington Guineas 1600m, NZ 2000 Guineas 1600m, 7th Avondale Champion Stakes 2000m and South Australian St Leger 2600m.

At 4- 5 wins including VATC JJ Liston Stakes 1400m, MVRC John F Feehan Stakes 1600m, Waikato RC Founders' Plate 1600m

At 5-4 wins including MVRC Freeway Stakes 1200m, Waikato RC Founders Plate 1600m.

Second top rated 2yo 1975-6 2yo Free Handicap with 60.5 kg.

Second top rated 3yo 1976-7 3yo Free Handicap with 58kg.

2 hours ago, gubellini said:

Vice Regal 60 starts- 21 wins, 8 seconds, 6 thirds. Stakes $220,616.

At 2- 5 wins including ARC Ellerslie Sires' Produce Stakes 1400m.

At 3- 6 wins including Cambridge Breeders' Stakes 1200m, Great Northern Guineas 1600m, Wellington Guineas 1600m, NZ 2000 Guineas 1600m, 7th Avondale Champion Stakes 2000m and South Australian St Leger 2600m.

At 4- 5 wins including VATC JJ Liston Stakes 1400m, MVRC John F Feehan Stakes 1600m, Waikato RC Founders' Plate 1600m

At 5-4 wins including MVRC Freeway Stakes 1200m, Waikato RC Founders Plate 1600m.

Second top rated 2yo 1975-6 2yo Free Handicap with 60.5 kg.

Second top rated 3yo 1976-7 3yo Free Handicap with 58kg.

Who beat Vice Regal in the free handicaps those years? Those would just about to good enough records to head them most years.

6 minutes ago, gubellini said:

We're Doomed Ballybrit was the 2yo Champion in the 1975-6 season and Silver Lad was the Champion 3yo in the 1976-7 season. Vice Regal didn't win a Lion Brown Sprint.

You are right, I might have been mistaking him for March Legend. They may both have been in the race that year. VR may have been fav, and ML may have won. This of course is from someone who struggles to remember what I did yesterday.

13 hours ago, Black Kirrama said:

Love and thoughts for Gary's family tomorrow.The Gary Edge Tribute.Race 5 .

Looking for an Oman bet  I have conferred  with historians and Gary never won a 1000 m race.

Most of the riders tomorrow , in that race were not born when Gary won his Group ( now ) Ones.

How ever...and it's a long however.. Jim, ( Gubilinene )  pointed this  connection out  for us...

# 9 Fairshare  trained by Stephen Autridge  traces to that wonderful mare Richborgue , who was by

Vice Regal. 1973 colt  by Bismark _ Kind Regards )

Gary Edge rode Vice Regal for Jim and Ngaire Campin. 

Gub will give us his stats on Vice Regal !!

And don't forget Waihi Warrior is lining up in the last   

6YO Bay Gelding

• Owner: R F Hughes, D W Looker, L R Peak, D R & Mrs K M Smith & Est late G R Edge
  •  

14 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Ted the quirky thing about Waihi Warrior today is that he is in R8 is No. 8 and has drawn 8!

Miss Jools told me he has actually drawn No.9 Gubellini.

11 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You are right, I might have been mistaking him for March Legend. They may both have been in the race that year. VR may have been fav, and ML may have won. This of course is from someone who struggles to remember what I did yesterday.

For memory, March Legend was unlucky to be born the same year as Balmerino and often ran 2nd or 3rd to that great one?