rdytdy

Oops Is $11.80 Correct

I don't suppose someone has a screenshot of the divdends of the last R7 at Tauherenikau today.

Surely the place dividend for the 2nd horse Sol De Otono at $11.80 is incorrect???     Should have been more like $1.80.   

The filly was paying just over $5 to win a few minutes brfore the race when I looked and NZTR show the filly paying $5.80 as the win dividend at the jump. 

The quinella looks ok with the $5.40 winner Phone A Friend with Sol De Otono at $17.10 and the trifecta at $97.00 seems in order also.

Sol De Otono was first selection by the TAB, Bevan Sweeney made her a Best Bet on the day and she was also first selection in the Race Form. 

That place dividend of $11.80 is just sticking out like the proverable.........   

13 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

I don't suppose someone has a screenshot of the divdends of the last R7 at Tauherenikau today.

Surely the place dividend for the 2nd horse Sol De Otono at $11.80 is incorrect???     Should have been more like $1.80.   

The filly was paying just over $5 to win a few minutes brfore the race when I looked and NZTR show the filly paying $5.80 as the win dividend at the jump. 

The quinella looks ok with the $5.40 winner Phone A Friend with Sol De Otono at $17.10 and the trifecta at $97.00 seems in order also.

Sol De Otono was first selection by the TAB, Bevan Sweeney made her a Best Bet on the day and she was also first selection in the Race Form. 

Ted, go to the results, then scroll right down until you come to the screen that shows the prices as at close off. 

The place price is correct. 

Why or how I don't know.

Liz

just looking at tab aussie (vic)  our commingling partners

win pool $22,000

place pool $180,000 

there seems to be some sort off error (bad sell) maybe 

the strange thing is the place prices seem to have been adjusted to account for the bad sell apart from runners 6 and 10.....

tote punters have a rear win 

very strange.....

35 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

image.thumb.png.83532a83c5b42389fd23b9c15c3d2741.png.3e8f0dea693e32765a8d900b300c05c3.png

4 hours ago, shodsie said:

just looking at tab aussie (vic)  our commingling partners

win pool $22,000

place pool $180,000 

there seems to be some sort off error (bad sell) maybe 

the strange thing is the place prices seem to have been adjusted to account for the bad sell apart from runners 6 and 10.....

tote punters have a rear win 

very strange.....

Something strange went on there alright. Numbers 2,3, 7 and 9 were paying way less for a place in comparison to win divi, than they should have been. And horses 8 and 10 paying way more for a place than a win, which is almost unheard of. 180 000 place pool to 22 000 win pool is very unusual. But even if 2,3, 7 and 9 had big bets for a place, doesnt explain why 4. 5 and 6 prices were about right.  $160 000 discrepency there. Last race of the day. In the bar. Some drunken punter puts $40 a place on roughies 2, 3, 7, 9. But makes a small error and enters $40000 a place on each? Should have gone to Specsavers? 

8 hours ago, Augusta said:

Something strange went on there alright. Numbers 2,3, 7 and 9 were paying way less for a place in comparison to win divi, than they should have been. And horses 8 and 10 paying way more for a place than a win, which is almost unheard of. 180 000 place pool to 22 000 win pool is very unusual. But even if 2,3, 7 and 9 had big bets for a place, doesnt explain why 4. 5 and 6 prices were about right.  $160 000 discrepency there. Last race of the day. In the bar. Some drunken punter puts $40 a place on roughies 2, 3, 7, 9. But makes a small error and enters $40000 a place on each? Should have gone to Specsavers? 

or was it some Bozo at the TAB with dudu fingers pushing the wrong buttons?

56 minutes ago, Pak Star said:

Someone putting money through the cleaners?  Dont see why this race would have a place pool over 20x the average of the first 7 races before it.  

All up perhaps , but they do normally let us know when a big bet is finishing .

Certainly a strange one. I have never seen anything quite like it before. The TAB really should explain what happened.

Normally if a horse pays a freakish place price its because another horse, or horses, has had a massive place punt on it. For that horse to pay over $11 there should have been one or two horses paying about 50 cents a place. It might have been money laundering where someone put massive place punts on all but two of the horses. In which case it might have been expensive for them as they probably hoped all three of the punted horses would place.

I seem to vaguely recall when Axeman won his maiden he was something like 1/8 in the betting. But that is a different scenario brought on by a massive win bet.

17 hours ago, Augusta said:

And horses 8 and 10 paying way more for a place than a win, which is almost unheard of. 

And coincidentally there is an owner who appears to have a share in both

2 hours ago, mooseman said:

Sounds like you fools missed out on the $11.80 place divie.....KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN..!!!! Stop being zombie texters!!!!

I'd love to know how long it was actually "on offer" for. Was a sitter for anybody cruising the odds, comparing fixed odds vs the tote. 

On 3/3/2024 at 6:47 PM, Pete Lane said:

Here's the prices on the various totes. Really weird.

Screenshot_20240303-182008_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6fc993fb9a1f5a4ae4bdf9cbe3bdee66.jpg

Not tote prices...these are fixed odds prices.....nothing to do with the nz tab tote price

On 3/4/2024 at 9:09 PM, Idolmite said:

I'd love to know how long it was actually "on offer" for. Was a sitter for anybody cruising the odds, comparing fixed odds vs the tote. 

Tote prices are never 'on offer' you dont know what price you will get until the race is run and confirmed.

6 hours ago, mooseman said:

Not tote prices...these are fixed odds prices.....nothing to do with the nz tab tote price

Look at the SuperTab column.

6 hours ago, mooseman said:

Tote prices are never 'on offer' you dont know what price you will get until the race is run and confirmed.

I took "on offer" to mean "how long before the start the extra ~$160,000 was added to the pool". Obviously if it'd been lumped on two minutes before the jump more people would've noticed and taken some of the $11.80.

20 hours ago, chiknsmack said:

Look at the SuperTab column.

I took "on offer" to mean "how long before the start the extra ~$160,000 was added to the pool". Obviously if it'd been lumped on two minutes before the jump more people would've noticed and taken some of the $11.80.

SuperTab don't exist....must be a false name for TAB NZ. We don't get 160k pools on Sunday family race meet....maybe $4,000-$20,000 max on win & same for place.

2 hours ago, mooseman said:

SuperTab don't exist....must be a false name for TAB NZ. We don't get 160k pools on Sunday family race meet....maybe $4,000-$20,000 max on win & same for place.

Believe the supertab is when VIC, ACT and SA pools commingle.  And in this instance the NZ TAB too.  Still obviously rare to see 180k in the pool of a Sunday maiden but the pool is indeed correct, and Thad has all but confirmed the odds were legit.

image.png.41328630272df992c07d681cf7a6f28a.pngimage.thumb.png.c40e8db1eeb7f3017bdff313458eb54e.png