RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Augusta

Its a drought in Otaki

It hasn't rained here in Otaki for 3 weeks. 1mm last night, Thats not rain. How much irrigation did they put on? Desert Lightning wanted to scratch cause too wet. Horses coming out to middle of track. Ridiculous. Rain wasn't forecast till Saturday night. If they couldn't get a good track today, they never will. How many million litres of water went on the track. Don't tell Wellington, just down the road. They are on water restrictions. We should be racing on Good 3 this time of year like Melbourne every week

1 hour ago, Augusta said:

It hasn't rained here in Otaki for 3 weeks. 1mm last night, Thats not rain. How much irrigation did they put on? Desert Lightning wanted to scratch cause too wet. Horses coming out to middle of track. Ridiculous. Rain wasn't forecast till Saturday night. If they couldn't get a good track today, they never will. How many million litres of water went on the track. Don't tell Wellington, just down the road. They are on water restrictions. We should be racing on Good 3 this time of year like Melbourne every week

You beat me to it , I was going to start a thread about this , absolutely disgraceful .

How many times do we have to watch group 1 races be run on shit tracks because of over watering .

11mls applied Monday , 10mls Tuesday , then 5mls on Wednesday and Thursday .

I thought Desert Lightening was fantastic , was going to run last at the corner and rallied brilliantly to get 3rd .

Yet again simply not good enough .

34 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Compare it to the Sydney track today after torrential rain last night.

Unfortunately, we are still behind the eight ball with track structures and having to over irrigation to provide safe footing and now we have lost the ability to have a good 3 summer track which is described as a track with moisture in it. Matamata preformed well as usual.

I think the NZTR directive is to prepare tracks for a soft 5 turning into a good 4 so clubs are having to irrigate to that level as they have to send reports during the week leading up to NZTR. 

13 hours ago, nomates said:

You beat me to it , I was going to start a thread about this , absolutely disgraceful .

How many times do we have to watch group 1 races be run on shit tracks because of over watering .

11mls applied Monday , 10mls Tuesday , then 5mls on Wednesday and Thursday .

I thought Desert Lightening was fantastic , was going to run last at the corner and rallied brilliantly to get 3rd .

Yet again simply not good enough .

Its a total shambles and even licence holders now are not allowed to comment so who then is able to question the preparation of sub standard tracks, they had so little rain yesterday and the track turned to custard....is this what we really want the rest of the world to see???

Are you aware of the 4m loss on the failed integration of the Aus SNS system.  Its in the NZTR Balance sheet I have been told. Now I hear that they want to develop a NZ SNS system. Then I hear NZTR want to take over the apprentice system. History shows these are cock up merchants.

I wonder if with the increase of income via ENTAIN there is empire building here.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Are you aware of the 4m loss on the failed integration of the Aus SNS system.  Its in the NZTR Balance sheet I have been told. Now I hear that they want to develop a NZ SNS system. Then I hear NZTR want to take over the apprentice system. History shows these are cock up merchants.

I wonder if with the increase of income via ENTAIN there is empire building here.

Yes they went into it a bit of detail at the roadshows. Get ideas with the apprentice system, will create better jockeys that’s for sure

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Can you show us the directive where licence holders are not allowed to comment?

For the doubters out there.

https://nztr.co.nz/sites/nztrindustry/files/2023-05/Feb23_NZTRCodeofConduct.pdf

Note what is considered a participant under CODE and then refer down to Social Media Use.

So if a licencee criticises a track manager or club (you can see the full list of hat is a participant) and that party is deemed to be offended, Insulted  or humiliated by social media comments the licencee who made the comments can end up in a bit of strife. Certainly one way to keep any negative comments out of the public arena.        

13 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Note what is considered a participant under CODE and then refer down to Social Media Use.

So if a licencee criticises a track manager or club (you can see the full list of hat is a participant) and that party is deemed to be offended, Insulted  or humiliated by social media comments the licencee who made the comments can end up in a bit of strife. Certainly one way to keep any negative comments out of the public arena.        

Does this apply to the NZTR hierachy?

34 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

just as well posters on here aren't considered participants , we'd all be sent to a Stalag somewhere obscure , never to be heard of again .

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

just as well posters on here aren't considered participants , we'd all be sent to a Stalag somewhere obscure , never to be heard of again .

Heh Heh. 

51 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I don't think that precludes fair critical comment. What is considered offensive was well tested going back to the Morton case. And that code applies to individuals, not organisations such as clubs, or to criticism of tracks.

So, I'll happily say that the Otaki track was crap and like the track for Millions night an embarrassment to the industry to think it was being broadcast internationally.

2 hours ago, Contentious said:

At Otaki??

Empire building ?YES but on a different topic .

The huge growth is spurred by a $29.2 million government investment in infrastructure announced at the Ōtaki-Māori Racing Club on July 21. 

The funds will enable about 1000 new homes to be built in Ōtaki, resulting in up to 3000 new residents. The 2018 Census showed 9180 residents in Ōtaki, including the Te Horo catchment.

Five hundred houses are expected to go into a new development at the Ōtaki-Māori Racing Club (OMRC) in a partnership between the club and developer The Wellington Company.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Its a total shambles and even licence holders now are not allowed to comment so who then is able to question the preparation of sub standard tracks, they had so little rain yesterday and the track turned to custard....is this what we really want the rest of the world to see???

Unfortunately the world we live in these days doesn't want to hear criticism, they only want to hear positive stuff, so all this is not surprising, speakout and get stepped on, very much like the previous government, they didn't want people speaking out, just wanted to control everything and everyone, the covid rules, banning the smokers, just a couple of examples. 

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Unfortunately the world we live in these days doesn't want to hear criticism, they only want to hear positive stuff, so all this is not surprising, speakout and get stepped on, very much like the previous government, they didn't want people speaking out, just wanted to control everything and everyone, the covid rules, banning the smokers, just a couple of examples. 

And this new mob are keen on a bit of a bagging ? 

Don't worry Entain are onto it 🤔 .. I don't know about others but it seems to me that all things about the racing product are getting even worse. If Entain read anything on this thread ... please start at the start addressing all the basics, it's not just a case of pouring money into stakes etc. You need to make sure all your stakeholders are invested and are happy.

1 hour ago, Palliser said:

Don't worry Entain are onto it 🤔 .. I don't know about others but it seems to me that all things about the racing product are getting even worse. If Entain read anything on this thread ... please start at the start addressing all the basics, it's not just a case of pouring money into stakes etc. You need to make sure all your stakeholders are invested and are happy.

Stake holders , you mean  owners and trainers they haven't been this happy for many years , 30 years of going backwards seems to have been turned around and it's going in the right direction , things seem pretty good to me .