RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
MissJools

New Plymouth Track Inspection

11 minutes ago, Insider said:

See you shouldn't believe all you read...LOL

I AM NOT employed by the TAB, nor will I ever be employed by them.  I honestly don't know why people assume I am, nor do I personally know anyone who is!!!!!

13 minutes ago, Insider said:

See you shouldn't believe all you read...LOL

38 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Thanks Miss J, this is the info we have wanted from the TAB for years.

Well done, you deserve a well earned promotion

It did sound first hand Tommy so easy mistake to make

Miss Jools, you have misread me.

I was sticking up for you by telling Turny Tom that he shouldn't believe any of the people [of which there have been many on this site] who have suggested that you did, because they were wrong. You have previously made that very clear and I have believed you. Now if some suggested that you may have trained as a teacher, majoring in English then I might believe that, unless you refute that too.

Cheers

Liz

1 minute ago, Insider said:

I was sticking up for you by telling Turny Tom that he shouldn't believe any of the people [of which there have been many on this site] who have suggested that you did, because they were wrong. You have previously made that very clear and I have believed you. Now if some suggested that you may have trained as a teacher, majoring in English then I might believe that, unless you refute that too.

Cheers

Liz

Nor am I a teacher, I wouldn't have the  patience to put up with kids, I didn't want kids of my own. So, why would I want to spend all day with other peoples?

6 minutes ago, MissJools said:

Nor am I a teacher, I wouldn't have the  patience to put up with kids, I didn't want kids of my own. So, why would I want to spend all day with other peoples?

Perfect. There should be no more misconceptions from me or others. 

Maybe I shouldn't speak for others, so I will withdraw the word others above.

24 minutes ago, Insider said:

Cheers

Liz

Reminds me of a wonderful Elocution teacher I had at school.(over 60yrs ago) Her name was Miss Train and did a wonderful "How now brown cow"

42 minutes ago, MissJools said:

"I didn't want kids of my own" kind of suggests that you didn't but ended up with some . Were these achieved under duress ?

By the way I totally agree , I never wanted kids so never had any , one of my greatest pleasures in life is winding family and friends kids up and walking away . A vastly overrated pastime .

Going back to the original post , didn't the met office say a couple of months ago that it was going to be hot and dry summer ?

The best job in the world if you can get it , you can get it wrong most days but just turn up the next like it's ground hog day and have another crack .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Going back to the original post , didn't the met office say a couple of months ago that it was going to be hot and dry summer ?

The best job in the world if you can get it , you can get it wrong most days but just turn up the next like it's ground hog day and have another crack .

Not wrong there NM. Watch the weather storytellers on TV any night then guarantee it will be completely the opposite when you wake up….:rolleyes:

The Norwegian Met Institute ( www.yr.no ) is the most efficient at getting it right.

14 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Not wrong there NM. Watch the weather storytellers on TV any night then guarantee it will be completely the opposite when you wake up….:rolleyes:

The Norwegian Met Institute ( www.yr.no ) is the most efficient at getting it right.

Says plenty that the Norwegians can get our weather forecasting more accurate than the locals .

Saying that I can tell you when Norway is going to be extremely cold . Not that hard .

New Plymouth Races have been abandoned: After heavy overnight rain the New Plymouth track was inspected by Club Officials and representatives of the RIB around 6.15am this morning. While the track is currently safe there is concern that this may change given the significant rain that is predicted throughout the day. The decision has been made to abandon this meeting.  

52 minutes ago, MissJools said:

New Plymouth Races have been abandoned: After heavy overnight rain the New Plymouth track was inspected by Club Officials and representatives of the RIB around 6.15am this morning. While the track is currently safe there is concern that this may change given the significant rain that is predicted throughout the day. The decision has been made to abandon this meeting.  

I am not a fan of abandoning meetings based on predicted weather , they done this a couple of months ago and the rain never arrived . We were under a heavy rain warning for 2 days last week and it never arrived , the forecasters just kept changing the supposed times of said weather event as the previous time periods elapsed then finally gave it up as a bad prediction , again .

A bad precedent to be starting .