RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
  • Latest Posts

• Charm and personality ??  .. are you having a laugh ? It's the biggest joke on Trackside. I am not a trots fan .. but I reckon I could slaughter him 3 bets each head on. In fact anyone could.  
    • Credit where credit is due, Pip Morris did a really good job at Pukekohe. She knew when the interview was finished unlike Rodley who tries to squeeze a little bit more.
    • Well he did Win the NZ Derby with Sharp N Smart as well. and also beaten just half a length 2nd in the Victoria Derby in the Spring carnival 22'. A pretty good training feat by the Team Rogerson. I'm sure they're very proud of their horse . Sharp N Smart has Won near $3,000,000 too,  so not too shabby for a 5 year old walker. 😅 Think Merv Butterworth  is part of the owners party in him too ( dual Nz trotting Cup 🏆 winner Copy That owner)
    • i would say he has many more $ then you have and can do whatever he wants to.Probably is not even petty cash to him. I do not like your comments
    • Yeah ....I think he just likes being involved .....its a wonder he hasn't taken out a Dog licence as well......he could take them all for a walk together because lets face it most of them ARE walkers! 🤣 🙃 🤣......and the one GOOD horse he had that won the NSW Derby he managed to turn that into a walker as well by over-racing the poor animal.
    • If it was as simple as getting more horse's on the ground where we're all the buyers at the yearling sales and weanling sales, yet we continue with breeder bonuses that simply don't work. How about we start promoting ownership and racing , a large percentage of our owners love the sport if they break even they would be thrilled. Owners getting some sort of recognition by our governing body would go along way, but what would I know I have over 400 members in my Syndicates and growing. 
    • Has the spider had a runner finish top 4 yet? 😂.  Cant say I understand the joy of cheering on a $100 shot to not win, but to each their own. Perhaps an easier rule to apply might be "runners paying more than $20 can not be selected."    
    • zelda says city of troy is a cretinty just like cee tee 😋 says before, this time  in the derby and 5x the odds  @ its last start, n0? lump on and thank her later but always gamble responsibly 
    • Thanks STODGE    for your insight .. > Enjoy your Derby Day. It Will be 3 am alarm time for us here in the Land of Chris Waller, James McDonald birth place. The latter riding in Japan this weekend.   I have backed both your picks. Dancing Gemini and the unbeaten Los Angeles. Cheers and good luck Stodge !!    
    • Peter I like the site and with patience find it to be  user friendly and an improvement on the old TAB sight.  They are not going to satisfy us all first time around but they appear to listen.  
    • Can't believe he would even bother. Time to pack it in. 68 starts for 5 wins this season and lies 60th on the NZ Trainers ladder. Harness Racing on a one-way track out of town.
    • I remember a few years back when the nasty little man was still involved with the site and sponsoring the LGL comp, he had a rule that saw entrants eliminated if they fell a certain number of points (200 maybe?) behind the leader at the end of any round. Perhaps we could introduce something like that next time we run this comp - we could call it the "Tarantula" rule  
    • Entain have adapted an existing site for NZ, so please stop calling it a “new site”, new for us but certainly not written for NZ from scratch.
    • Week 6 results This week we lost Basil Brush, Casper, Littletramp and the scorer.  21 left with four weeks to play.
    • You just need to think about what you say to and about others to see why people react so strongly to you...maybe take a step in others shoes before you pull them up on what you perceive  as mistakes...if you cant take it then dont give it out then you will be fine in here...JMO.
    • Riddell considers his future Aidan Rodley@AidanRodley   31 May, 2024 Jockey Jonathan Riddell. Success aboard grand winter campaigner Justaskme in Saturday's Listed AGC Training Stakes at Wanganui could provide leading jockey Jonathan Riddell with one of the final highpoints of his illustrious career. Leading into Saturday's weight-for-age feature, for which Justaskme is a $3.20 favourite, Riddell has revealed he is considering his future in the saddle, conceding his time left as a jockey is coming to an end. For a jockey who has excelled at the elite level of the sport, most notably winning 14 Group 1 races, including the New Zealand Derby and Rosehill Guineas on Jimmy Choux and finishing second on that horse in the 2011 Cox Plate, Riddell's career has been accentuated by his tenacity through ongoing struggles with weight. "I'm going on holiday in three weeks to the UK to see my mum. It will be a good chance to freshen up and I'll think about it – whether I put myself through another year or whether I just pull stumps and be proud of what I've achieved," Riddell said. "One of things I'm most proud of is that the trainers I'm riding for now are the trainers I've ridden for since I started and that there's been an enduring loyalty from both sides. Hopefully I've paid them back for the support they've given me and they've put me back for the support I've given them." A former accomplished jumps jockey, Riddell sits on 955 wins in New Zealand, the carrot of joining the exclusive 1000-win club perhaps enough to convince the 45-year-old hoop to keep riding for another 12 months. "It's a bit of a niggle more than anything. It was never an ambition of mine but since I got to 900, a few good mates have been riding me to get there. It's started to annoy me a bit too," Riddell said. "Since I've got to less than 50 to go, I just don't know. I'm not saying I'll do it anyway. I'm just hanging in there at the moment. But I'm still earning a living out of it and enjoying it.  "I've only had one black-type success this season which is grinding me a bit. I've always prided myself on getting good results in the big races.  "Numbers-wise I'm down on previous seasons, but I haven't travelled as much as I've done in the past and I'm enjoying that – not putting my body under so much pressure day in, day out and not doing so many miles on the road." Justaskme gives Riddell a terrific chance of adding to his black-type tally, the Allan Sharrock-trained eight-year-old set to relish his return to weight-for-age company, having won the AGC Training Stakes last year and finished second 12 months earlier. "He was really good at Trentham last start. It wasn't till I got him right out wide in the better going that he finished off really strongly. His last bit was really good," Riddell said. "He wasn't as lazy as he's been before. He's never really gone that well for me in the past so for him to feel that good going into this race is pretty encouraging.  "He's been so consistent through his career but he's felt it at the top end of the handicaps as a result and that hasn't helped him. But weight-for-age brings him right back into it.  "Allan is pretty bullish from his run the other day, especially going to weight-for-age. I expect he'll improve naturally from the other day, as Allan's do when he sets them for a race – and this is the race he's been setting him for. You know the job is going to be done right." Riddell's other key ride on the day is Wewillrock, a last-start Trentham runner-up who returns to the scene of his win two starts back for the TAB Odds Surge Every Race at Whanganui 1200. "It wasn't a bad run at Trentham. The big weight factor didn't help and the winner got away with an easy run up front," Riddell said. "He's a beautiful horse and just one of those horses that really grabs you. He's not a world-beater but he'll give you everything he has every time. And he's beautiful to ride. "Back to Wanganui, he won well there the other day. It's often a horses for courses track, Wanganui."
    • You cannot continually demand etiquette of other posters [spelling, punctuation, grammar] yet fail to show it yourself.  Your standards are also slipping. You failed to correct nomates when he stated "Your a legend".
    • Whiny kids do not inspire punters confidence…we’ve had them for far too long.
    • Wingatui Race Tips R1 POWERFUL MOSS: Freshened for this run, good record fresh, back to 1600m helps, each-way chance. CLASSIC DIVA: Not the best draw, but will run well if the track improves. BAUBLE: Keeps winning in Saturday company, can't be ignored. R2 BENARD: Well placed, nice draw, down to 56 kg, can win. ATOMIC: Winner of 5 here, strong chance with weight claim. NIGHT RAIDER: From a stable in form, looks good in R65, can step up. R3 ON THE WALL: Unlucky recently, finding form, could surprise. I HOPE I NEVER: Nicely bred, stable in form, worth following. VICTOR ROGUE: Would benefit from a drying track, capable in big races, each-way chance. R4 IMPTEE: Good trial winner, first start, each-way chance. GLADUS: Dam won 1 of 2 in Auckland, worth following. LET ME LOOSE: Another good trial performer, each-way chance. R5 SADLER WELLS: Big drop in weight, don't dismiss. LETRIUM LAD: 2 kg drop helps, good strike rate over 2000m, each-way chance. LOFTY'S GIFT: Winning form is good form, can continue. R6 FIVE PRINCESS: Out of form since the 1980s, but back in contention, don't dismiss. HELLY BELLY: Has been disappointing but capable of better, each-way chance. ZAMBEZI ZIPPER: Winner of 3 here, strong chance. R7 GOODANYA: Due for a win, maps well from 7. GO LOTTE: Right race to win, weight off helps, consider. FIERY RED: Back to 1400m helps, will be running on. R8 STOP YELLING: Winner on this track, good chance in this field. AUTHORITY: Blinkers on, each-way chance. SAVABOURBON: Third run in, fitter now, adds interest. R9 MAGIC ACE: Southern debut, capable, will go close. THE IMMIGRANT: Racing in stronger fields, tough to beat. MININJAGIRL: In form, bad draw of 18, but will finish strong, watch. R10 EXPLOSIVE LASS: Maps well from 2, can win. MOALLA MISS: The one to watch, tough run at Riccarton. GABBY DIAZ: CC always wins one on this track, likely to finish strong, each-way chance.
    • I don't really enjoy Nicole's excitable squeaky voice much either, but mainly don't like her style due to her inane generic questions she asks of winning connections where her question goes on so long she that she gives the expected answer as well by way of explanation. The all the interviewee can say is "yes". And then we get almost exactly the same questions presented to the winner of the next race as well. She dominates the time as opposed to letting the driver/trainer/own speak their own words. 
  • Like & Follow Us on Facebook

• RaceCafe News

• Featured Video

• Topics

• Disclaimer

While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.

Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.

The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.