RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pete Lane

Cameron George gone

The NZTR Board has today regrettably announced the resignation of its Chair, Cameron George, effective 31 July 2024.

No images? Click here

CorporateEmail-banner-9900000000079e3c.p

NZTR Chair Cameron George Resigns 

The New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing (NZTR) Board has today regrettably announced the resignation of its Chair, Cameron George, effective 31 July 2024. 

Under his leadership, George, who has served as Chair since 2020, has played a pivotal role in steering NZTR and the racing industry through various challenges and sizeable achievements over recent years. 

“My decision to step down from my role on the Board hasn’t been an easy one,” George said. 

“My journey at NZTR started with navigating a path forward for the business through COVID-19. Over time, we have managed to rebuild the industry into the strong position it now holds, demonstrating the resilient team environment I’ve been fortunate enough to be involved in over the last four years.  

“I’ve enjoyed all the challenges this role has presented me with. Going into it I knew I needed to both question and support initiatives brought to the table. 

“I now feel we have moved into a model of braver thinking and strategic planning, with innovation at the forefront of our activities. Globally, sports have undergone a significant shift from traditional approaches to embracing innovation and with that, we must not sit on our hands and continue to pursue becoming a vibrant sport within the entertainment sector,” he said. 

While reflecting on his tenure as Chair, George expresses his gratitude towards those who guided the industry towards a successful future. 

“I would firstly like to thank previous Chairs of NZTR, the likes of Guy Sargent, Matt Goodson, Alan Jackson and their Boards, who worked tirelessly to underpin the industry into the condition it is today.”

“I thank NZTR’s Board and management team around me, both past and present, for their dedication to the cause of rebuilding this industry since the dark days of COVID, it truly has been a massive effort. 

“To the stakeholders and people of the industry, thank you for your strong support, being receptive to change, as well as being prepared to just give things a go.

“Finally, so many parts of this industry’s administration deserve credit for helping us reshape and rebuild our future. On a personal note, I would like to acknowledge the efforts of TAB NZ, Entain Australia and New Zealand, our racing Clubs, New Zealand Bloodstock and the New Zealand Government for encouraging the movement of change towards a better future,” he said. 

George will remain in his role as Chair until 31 July of this year and is committed to maintaining a high standard for New Zealand’s racing landscape. 

“I look forward to finishing off my tenure with commitment and drive to complete several exciting initiatives we have in the pipeline. It’s all hands on deck as we get ready for the biggest summer of racing this country has ever seen next year,” George said. 

NZTR Members’ Council Chair, Jeff McCall, thanked George for his service to the industry.

“Cameron’s passion and dedication to the New Zealand racing industry has been illustrated by the numerous positive actions he has undertaken since he has held the position as Chair.” 

“On behalf of the Members’ Council and the industry, we thank him for his contribution and wish him all the best for the future,” McCall said.

What you done in your life??????????????? from the way you write is your IQ at a minus level./

Mt Smart Sold out and will be for the rest of the season.

Racing going ahead in this country.

There are a lot of jealous pricks on this site who would have lasted 10seconds in the roles he has had.

13 hours ago, THE TORCH said:

My sentiments: Piss off and dont come back (again!)

I had the pleasure of working with the man at the Auckland Racing Club and found him a very approachable and pleasant man , whats your gripe with him?

11 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

What you done in your life??????????????? from the way you write is your IQ at a minus level./

Mt Smart Sold out and will be for the rest of the season.

Racing going ahead in this country.

There are a lot of jealous pricks on this site who would have lasted 10seconds in the roles he has had.

So correct FF , I have always found CG a professional and pleasant human being ? I wonder how many of these tossers have actually met the man ?

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

. Care to tell us what achievements and contributions you have made to NZTR at an executive/Governance level?

Care to tell me how someone can be the head of two prominent organisations of NZ sport and do justice to them both?? This should be good.....

18 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

Care to tell me how someone can be the head of two prominent organisations of NZ sport and do justice to them both?? This should be good.....

Nice diversion , by not answering my simple question your clearly are just another non achieving keyboard warrior. Congrats

1 hour ago, THE TORCH said:

Well racing [gallops] appears to be in the healthiest position it has been in yonks, even evoking some positivity around the place, and The Warriors had their best season in ages in 2023. Let's hope 2024 is an improvement on the full houses and many wins that they secured last season. There's plenty of positivity, improved attitude and results emerging from both camps, but that's unless your name is TORCH obviously.  

On 3/8/2024 at 10:33 AM, Matey said:

So correct FF , I have always found CG a professional and pleasant human being ? I wonder how many of these tossers have actually met the man ?

There would be a few who have met him but, wouldn't think much of him Matey.

It will be interesting where he pops up next.

On 3/8/2024 at 5:18 PM, Memphis3 said:

Google P V’landys NSW has achieved it in Ozi. 

A predictable response but very disappointing if youre trying to compare these two blokes. One is a doer, the other a gunna. Like comparing apples and rotten tomatoes.

On 3/8/2024 at 2:29 PM, JJ Flash said:

Nice diversion , by not answering my simple question your clearly are just another non achieving keyboard warrior. Congrats

That wasnt a diversion, its the reason why he has been poor for NZ racing. How's the much heralded Integrity Unit going?? Bloody great if you're north of Hamilton!! Look out if you're a small time operator and have stood on the cracks in the pavement. 

How you thought it was a diversion sums up your inferencing ability.

57 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

That wasnt a diversion, its the reason why he has been poor for NZ racing. How's the much heralded Integrity Unit going?? Bloody great if you're north of Hamilton!! Look out if you're a small time operator and have stood on the cracks in the pavement. 

How you thought it was a diversion sums up your inferencing ability.

Judging by your posts it appears you have some personal issues with Cameron George and his input to NZ racing.

I asked you earlier what contribution have you made at Executive/Governance level in NZ Racing, you didn't answer, so i will ask again and you can brief us all.

Once again you diverted away from that simple question with the above RIU comment. As we can see below he left that position in 2012 so how is that relevant?

Heres CG's CV, looks more than useful to me- Show us yours to give yourself some Cred on here?. Or will we just get more diversions/excuses from you ?

ExperienceExperience

• New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Inc logo
    Chairman NZ Thoroughbred Racing Chairman NZ Thoroughbred Racing
    New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing IncNew Zealand Thoroughbred Racing IncNov 2020 - Present ¡ 3 yrs 5 mosNov 2020 - Present ¡ 3 yrs 5 mosAuckland, New ZealandAuckland, New Zealand
  • One NZ Warriors logo
    Chief Operations OfficerChief Operations Officer
    Vodafone WarriorsVodafone WarriorsJul 2017 - Present ¡ 6 yrs 9 mosJul 2017 - Present ¡ 6 yrs 9 mosAuckland, New ZealandAuckland, New Zealand
  • Auckland Thoroughbred Racing logo
    Chief Executive OfficerChief Executive Officer
    Auckland Racing ClubAuckland Racing ClubAug 2012 - Jul 2017 ¡ 5 yrsAug 2012 - Jul 2017 ¡ 5 yrs
  •  
    Chief Stipendiary StewardChief Stipendiary Steward
    Racing Integrity Unit LtdRacing Integrity Unit LtdNov 2010 - Aug 2012 ¡ 1 yr 10 mosNov 2010 - Aug 2012 ¡ 1 yr 10 mos
  • New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Inc logo
    Chief Stipendiary StewardChief Stipendiary Steward
    New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing IncNew Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Inc2006 - 2010 ¡ 4 yrs2006 - 2010 ¡ 4 yrsWellington

Why am I being personal when I question his commitment and success with his role in the industry?? Where is there proof of that? 

Unless he is working 20 hour days, there is no way in the world he can do justice to either the Warriors or NZ Racing. Go through the threads here that lambast our decision makers. Or is he excluded from this? Perhaps you have some personal favoritism towards Cameron. A stupid assumption which highlights the ridiculous statement you made.

49 minutes ago, THE TORCH said:

Why am I being personal when I question his commitment and success with his role in the industry?? Where is there proof of that? 

Unless he is working 20 hour days, there is no way in the world he can do justice to either the Warriors or NZ Racing. Go through the threads here that lambast our decision makers. Or is he excluded from this? Perhaps you have some personal favoritism towards Cameron. A stupid assumption which highlights the ridiculous statement you made.

And still you wont front with your record. If you cant see the success he has brought to NZTR and Warriors in different roles then your blind and stupid

You seem incapable of understanding the role of Chairman. For starters, its not a 40 hour a week job, might i suggest you go and do the introductory IOD course to assist your knowledge of governance as you seem to have no idea at present.

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

And still you wont front with your record. If you cant see the success he has brought to NZTR and Warriors in different roles then your blind and stupid

You seem incapable of understanding the role of Chairman. For starters, its not a 40 hour a week job, might i suggest you go and do the introductory IOD course to assist your knowledge of governance as you seem to have no idea at present.

Good to see your still fulfilling your business mentoring for the uninitiated , carry on the good work .😉

He could probably do it in a few hours a week

The Board Chair sets the tone and directs the Board to instil activity so The Chair ain’t involved on a daily basis. The various Board Members likewise aren’t involved on a daily basis but probably have more follow up between monthly Board Meetings

Very common for successful Board Chairs and Directors to have “half a dozen Directorships” so day to day involvement not a reality

Great little earners but come with responsibilitie …. Which may become personal liabilities rather than being insured against …. Mainzeal as an example