RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pete Lane

Ellerslie track issues

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I think he does get a bit confused. He was quoted as saying he was displeased with the whole situation. Which I thought was a strange use of words as he was the one responsible. Perhaps disappointed might have been more accurate.

3,000 tonnes would be about 120 truck and trailer loads, which wouldn't be cheap.

More like he should have used the word JMac said after the Queen Elizabeth.... Embarrassing.

34 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

What Nerula is saying is what I was told to.....so the water cant get through so the track is very hard.

I think you were told wrong then. The issue has always been reported as matting in the root zone. PW said on Weigh In that the remedy is "to remove 100% of that matting that's causing us the issue which is just the grass rooting right in the joining of the profile sand surface." They would not be solid coring to 190mms to remedy thatch on the surface. Nerula seems unable to understand that.111111111

54 minutes ago, Leggy said:

I think you were told wrong then. The issue has always been reported as matting in the root zone. PW said on Weigh In that the remedy is "to remove 100% of that matting that's causing us the issue which is just the grass rooting right in the joining of the profile sand surface." They would not be solid coring to 190mms to remedy thatch on the surface. Nerula seems unable to understand that.111111111

Of course we must be wrong and you correct as you know everything.... I trust what I was told by who I was told it...cheers

56 minutes ago, Leggy said:

And I for one would trust the word of someone without a horse in the race so to speak rather than PW who has everything to lose....oh thats right he is a protected species too.

4 hours ago, Nerula said:

Leggy Why dont you change you UN moniker to PONTIFF. Clearly infallibility is your gig. You goose!

Not sure that comment helps your case Neil but it sounds like you have finally grasped that the issue is NOT surface thatch and that no-one has ever suggested that.

5 hours ago, Leggy said:

Not sure that comment helps your case Neil but it sounds like you have finally grasped that the issue is NOT surface thatch and that no-one has ever suggested that.

And how do you know that Mr know it all???

Leggy stop digging ffs. The separation cant be subsurface thats where the mesh is. 

What is the mesh supposed to do? Shift laterally? You would earn more respect if you conceded when wrong. Just man up!

26 minutes ago, Nerula said:

Leggy stop digging ffs. The separation cant be subsurface thats where the mesh is. 

What is the mesh supposed to do? Shift laterally? You would earn more respect if you conceded when wrong. Just man up!

The matted area is between the turf layer and the underlying sand/mesh layer. That's what has been reported by Strathayr, NZTR, ATR etc. If it were simply surface thatch  the remedy would be a day. Couple of passes with the chain harrows and remove the loosened debris, not a year of aeration and 3000 tons of sand. How it got like that and they seemingly didn't know even though they were supposedly core sampling is another question. Sounds like you still haven't got it.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

Nerula no point...Mr know it all will never front up ...I just wont engage with the arrogant ... again...I know what I was told by someone who knows exactly what has gone on but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story...the NZTR and ATR would never put out false information now would they hahah...let him puff his chest out and feel important...his loss not mine.

So you want to stick your beak in now too...the issue is ATR who leggy thinks are the only trusted source chose to NOT follow Strathayrs full advice they never used the proper pre grown turf they chose to grow their own a world first I believe but hey them and Leggy are obviously more knowledgeable than us regular people...if they had followed this above video we would not be where we are at now...and no matter how much spin PW ATR and Mr know it all try to put on it ...they have caused this issue pure and simple.

16 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Nerula no point...Mr know it all will never front up ...I just wont engage with the arrogant ... again...I know what I was told by someone who knows exactly what has gone on but hey why let the truth get in the way of a good story...the NZTR and ATR would never put out false information now would they hahah...let him puff his chest out and feel important...his loss not mine.

Yes I think I will do the same and not engage with him. He kind of trolls me or at least go contrarian to what I say.  A pity.

I have taken a keen interest in the track and have been on it shortly after the seed came up. i've be back since as every 3 moths I call in to ATR HQ as part of what I do. I invariably have a look and check out Taiki's rose.

18 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Give it a rest, just look at the video ( 2.20 on..) it’s not that difficult…..:rcf-monkey:

Laboratory tested sand ? Carefully selected turf for the local climate/environment ??

🤔

They are going to have to update their promotional video,  " Not one meeting wet weather cancellation around the world"

37 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

So you want to stick your beak in now too...the issue is ATR who leggy thinks are the only trusted source chose to NOT follow Strathayrs full advice they never used the proper pre grown turf they chose to grow their own a world first I believe but hey them and Leggy are obviously more knowledgeable than us regular people...if they had followed this above video we would not be where we are at now...and no matter how much spin PW ATR and Mr know it all try to put on it ...they have caused this issue pure and simple.

“Sticking my beak in now “ ? And here was I thinking this was a forum…..:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

I totally agree and have stated that a number of times. I'm only pointing out that the current problem is subsurface root mat, not surface thatch as Nerula claims.

1 hour ago, Nerula said:

FFS Wilcox was quoted in NZ Herald yesterday as saying 'the matting was on the top level' Page 28

I don't read the Herald, least of all the racing section. Did Dillon write that? Could be correct. It's on the top level of the growing medium level but below the turf level. Next time you are there, get them to show you a core sample and explain, then report back here.

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

“Sticking my beak in now “ ? And here was I thinking this was a forum…..:rolleyes:

Thanks Oman. I thought so too and there was a time when you weren't supposed to say stuff that you couldn't support. A forum for reasonably intelligent and open debate. Some may need to look in the mirror before they foist the knowitall label on others.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Thanks Oman. I thought so too and there was a time when you weren't supposed to say stuff that you couldn't support. A forum for reasonably intelligent and open debate. Some may need to look in the mirror before they foist the knowitall label on others.

And you wonder why people can not put up with you...pompus is a word that springs to mind...you dont like it here go to the cess pit you post in if you are so curious as to what life is like elsewhere...Doug and you will get along well.....I am over your attitude towards me and your crap sorry...and it is me who provides this site for yours and everyone else's pleasure.. at my cost... so if you can not at least be decent to me then don't bother.

12 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

And you wonder why people can not put up with you...pompus is a word that springs to mind...you dont like it here go to the cess pit you post in if you are so curious as to what life is like elsewhere...Doug and you will get along well.....I am over your sanctimonious crap sorry...and it is me who provides this site for yours and everyone else's pleasure.. at my cost... so if you can not at least be decent then dont bother.

Yep. it's your site and you do what you like. But that post is exactly what I mean. Name calling seems to have been substituted for intelligent, constructive discussion.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Yep. it's your site and you do what you like. But that post is exactly what I mean. Name calling seems to have been substituted for intelligent, constructive discussion.

Once again you can not help yourself...I know what I was told is correct ....if you cant be decent towards me then as I say do not bother...I do not need the agro sorry.