RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Racing calandar for next season.

Perhaps HRNZ is doing the right thing and waiting for feedback on the experiment of moving the Auckland carnival to late autumn. With nasty wet weather it will be a disaster as an event to attract a crowd of the general public. I look back at the new year cup meetings with crowds of people in their pretty summer dresses, fireworks, etc and sigh. Even an Easter carnival would be better than this. Surely HRNZ should be helping retain harness racing in the North, not freezing it out of existence. 

52 minutes ago, Nelli said:

Perhaps HRNZ is doing the right thing and waiting for feedback on the experiment of moving the Auckland carnival to late autumn. With nasty wet weather it will be a disaster as an event to attract a crowd of the general public. I look back at the new year cup meetings with crowds of people in their pretty summer dresses, fireworks, etc and sigh. Even an Easter carnival would be better than this. Surely HRNZ should be helping retain harness racing in the North, not freezing it out of existence. 

Don't know if it really matters, they still have a harness meeting on New Year's Eve  Most probably don't care if it's Auckland Cup or Thames Cup or whatever.

Seems there is acceptance that the top pacers are gunna be racing in Aussie in Jan, Feb, so maybe the scheduling the Auckland Cup to may may work, may not, even though there is still probably room for Invercargills Cup in December and then something else up north in December but it's highly unlikely they will travel north for just 1 race.

3 hours ago, Nelli said:

Surely that can't be right Nelli?

If the gallops days are out then the trot days must be as well

They are integrated to a degree

Majestic, where did you see those dates, bound to be mostly a carbon copy but still like to see what's what, sometimes I think they change the odd day for the sake of change.

Hopefully they haven't shifted Westport on boxing day to a weekday in July and moved Omakau to a cooler time because it may be too hot for everyone, in today's strange old world nought would surprise me.

Dates are on the Southern Harness website. Confirmed on Friday. Maybe the rest of the country needs to take a leaf out of their book. Oh that's right. Too much fighting between clubs etc north of Southern Harness boundary.

Had a look at southern days, no Invercargill day in mid December and the continued diet of mainly weekdays before Xmas and strangely all Saturdays after Easter when club rugby is on, the experts must be right.

Looks like the highlight of my year has come and gone back to reality lol.

All I see on TAB website is last of this year's dates.

I see they have a place headline, careers, might be a bit shortsighted aye.

Harness racing has taken a hit with seven fewer meetings next season in a calendar released by the TAB to “maximise revenue and reduce costs”.

A total of 242 harness meetings are carded, down from 249 this season, with gallops gaining one more meeting to 294 and greyhounds static on 432.

The beleagured Auckland Trotting Club loses one meeting, with just 31 dates, including one extra lower returning Thursday (12) and two fewer Fridays (18).

Full story and North Island dates:

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/seven-fewer-harness-meetings-next-season-with-no-relief-for-the-north-island/

Screen Shot 2023-05-21 at 3.48.52 PM.png

I read somewhere that Hawera were in line for another 2 day meeting but nought came from it.

Auckland just filling in Forburys dates, mind you that didn't end well, oh well.

The headline says no relief for the North, what is one was wanting ?

54 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I read somewhere that Hawera were in line for another 2 day meeting but nought came from it.

Auckland just filling in Forburys dates, mind you that didn't end well, oh well.

The headline says no relief for the North, what is one was wanting ?

"what is one was wanting ?"

Friday December 22 is Invercargill cup day, so anyone wanting Auckland cup at New Years eve can forget it.

I also note Gore racing early August, dontsay if it's Wyndham or not, probably just a typing error.

And when do we the dates for Canterbury ?

Harness down a few but those f.....n dogs stay the same. BIGGEST MISTAKE HARNESS MADE WAS LETTING DOGS RACE AT THEIR TRACKS.  Money,money,money I know that!

They should have been made to set up their own tracks . The dogs will NEVER GET ANOTHER DOLLAR OF MINE . They probably do through TAB distribution but I can't control that.

4 hours ago, Keneperu said:

Harness down a few but those f.....n dogs stay the same. BIGGEST MISTAKE HARNESS MADE WAS LETTING DOGS RACE AT THEIR TRACKS.  Money,money,money I know that!

They should have been made to set up their own tracks . The dogs will NEVER GET ANOTHER DOLLAR OF MINE . They probably do through TAB distribution but I can't control that.

But you see there is a problem, if harness don't let dogs use their tracks ain't that the same as the gallops not wanting harness using theirs which is actually a issue up north I believe.

10 minutes ago, mikenz said:

But you see there is a problem, if harness don't let dogs use their tracks ain't that the same as the gallops not wanting harness using theirs which is actually a issue up north I believe.

Many years ago Alexandra Park allowed rally cars to race full-tit around there......and speedway has raced around the Kumeu trotting track