Trump

Hasslehoof

Looks like the penetrometer failed a few more here,we know Oz readings are very different from our own and ground state or type must play a significant role,in saying that i have never heard of a horse on earth that could break 1.35 on a slow track unless it was run downhill with a strong tailwind,not the first time and wont be the last this worthless piece of equipment (being kind)confuses those who take it as gospel....how good is hoofy? What have we got to go on to make a fair assessment,promising yes but we have seen many cross the tasman of a similar ilk who 'disappoint'...was it the track? Was it Cameron? Was it the preperation ? Who knows,but one things for sure you couldnt write him off on that one run surely......but could you be confident of an improved run back at Randwick? Horses for courses

Just an aside but, Hoof is by Tavistock. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Tavistock  horses Favorites for all the Derbys.(Hong Kong,AJC, NZ)

The hype aside,he is another example of this sires ability to produce some very good horses. And a little "birdy" has said that Tavistock is doing better at this stage of his carreer than either Sir Tristram or Zabeel did.

I look forward to following The Hoof s progress.

14 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Just an aside but, Hoof is by Tavistock. Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Tavistock  horses Favorites for all the Derbys.(Hong Kong,AJC, NZ)

The hype aside,he is another example of this sires ability to produce some very good horses. And a little "birdy" has said that Tavistock is doing better at this stage of his carreer than either Sir Tristram or Zabeel did.

I look forward to following The Hoof s progress.

Hope you got on Gobstopper yesterday Globe....might be a decent stayer when the penny finally drops....;)

22 hours ago, Midget said:

Ok I'll qualify that and say that 'relatively speaking' he gets little publicity compared to the Hoof, and that in itself is odd because TML has actually won some top class races, and he could easily go on to a race like the Cox Plate IMO.

I haven't seen his T shirt and cap range either, where would I get one of those ?

Give your mate Mr Baker a bell, he'll sort you out.........;)

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Hope you got on Gobstopper yesterday Globe....might be a decent stayer when the penny finally drops....;)

No , I didn't. Andy only chucked him in because he was getting frustrated with the horse, and decided to make him work for it. Worked a treat and pleased for him, as they do have a wrap on the nag. 

On 08/02/2016 at 1:35 PM, Huey said:

the riders agent

People don't take much notice of what that guy says so that won't create much hype.

With Murray Baker as the trainer of a horse it's hard to get much hype going.  Great trainer and look at the horses he's had, but not the life and soul of a party sort of guy.  Give a horse like Turn Me Loose to Gai Waterhouse and you'll be getting daily updates on the progress towards him cleaning up The Championships before having a rest and then winning the Cox Plate and then he could then win the Melbourne Cup if he wanted to and Dubai would be his for the taking.

21 hours ago, Bimbo said:

People don't take much notice of what that guy says so that won't create much hype.

With Murray Baker as the trainer of a horse it's hard to get much hype going.  Great trainer and look at the horses he's had, but not the life and soul of a party sort of guy.  Give a horse like Turn Me Loose to Gai Waterhouse and you'll be getting daily updates on the progress towards him cleaning up The Championships before having a rest and then winning the Cox Plate and then he could then win the Melbourne Cup if he wanted to and Dubai would be his for the taking.

the media   do  it  for lot of  trainers  look at  hype on  few  his lately from  media 

The noms for the Paramatta Cup on Sat are out and it is much the same horses as Hasslehoof faced last start. Will be interesting to see how he goes. Waller will have his lot ready to win so maybe the Hoof will be a nice price.

On 7 February 2016 at 0:26 PM, kakama said:

That's just it Midge, he is a genuine star with no fuss.

But we hardly hear about him, no hype, no excitement, no feedback?

It might suit your style, but for some of us, we need some excitement!! 

My man on the inside says get on this Saturday, and my man is a good judge.

On 2/7/2016 at 0:05 PM, Midget said:

You're correct Berri, but so is Trump in saying this is about the media hype rather than the horse.

To anyone who wants a top class Kiwi to follow, get in behind Turn Me Loose, he is a genuine star and goes about his business with no fuss, publicity, or bother.

A bit like his illustrious trainer Midget

On 6/02/2016 at 11:01 AM, Midget said:

As for those who claim there's a culture of bagging horses here, that's simply not true.

Mongolian Khan, Rising Romance, Turn Me Loose, Stolen Dance...you never see those genuine top class horses criticised here because they're not over hyped and they have no frailties, but the pretenders get eviscerated, simply because they're pretenders. 

So Kawi wasn't bagged (gone quiet now), Xtravagant wasn't bagged (gone quiet now), they would bag Pamela Anderson every time she breathed out cause one of her tits was smaller!! Spare me, if you don't like hype back something else.

Only around $3.40 in Australia at the moment so will probably be around $3.00 with the New Zealand TAB once they get around to putting up a market.

I find it hard to understand how it can take a day or more to copy and paste a market after trimming a bit off the prices.  Surely they would get more turnover by getting these markets up more speedily. 

22 hours ago, Jefferson said:

So Kawi wasn't bagged (gone quiet now), Xtravagant wasn't bagged (gone quiet now), they would bag Pamela Anderson every time she breathed out cause one of her tits was smaller!! Spare me, if you don't like hype back something else.

Not sure what you're saying here.

I haven't been a critic of Kawi myself and I haven't followed who exactly has, or their rationale, but that's their prerogative anyway so I can't see the problem there.

Xtravagant has had ample praise heaped upon him when he's run well ( twice ) and been bagged when he's not genuine or finds a reason to get beaten. Once again that's fair isn't it ?

I note both horses have a habit of finding reasons or ways to lose but that might be a coincidence of course.

I'd have thought every person here is entitled to have an opinion on whatever matter they wish to, even when they clearly have no idea ( like Hesi ). Are you suggesting no one be allowed to offer an opinion, unless it concurs with yours ? or shouldn't they be allowed to have an opinion on any matter regardless ?

What some people don't seem to realise is that we get a bit bored with the cheerleader type comments. Anyone can spot a handy type of horse. So what if you backed Sunline every start, which seems to give some people a hell of a thrill. Sort out a $20 shot and tip it out to people. I did well out of Sir Slick as he came through the grades, much more fun following someone like him.

I was actually thinking the other day that Kawi is almost an old fashioned Grey Way type of horse, tough and genuine,but of course someone like him will never be able to follow a trail of handicap racing for the next 7 or 8 years, that just isn't the way things go these days.