RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Cameron's Ride On Mime Under Review

Guest 2Admin2
15 minutes ago, Midget said:

I just checked Neil Davis' site and he's got Mime running home ( the short route ) 0.2 faster than Persuasive ( long route ) and 0.4 faster than Miss Pareto ( who seldom troubles the judge ).

That's a length better than Persuasive and say 2.4 lengths better than the other two who ran on a far wider arc.

There's your measure, there's nothing in this so put away your tin foil hats and pointy fingers, just accept that Lee Harvey Oswald did it, that they landed on the moon, and let's all move on.

I agree it's akin to kissing your sister.

10 hours ago, gubellini said:

! I don't know what your involvement in racing is Gruff but I suggest you are in danger of running out of Jockeys to ride your horses or bet on if you persist in this myopic viewpoint of blaming them for not winning on horses that aren't going to win anyway!

Myopic Viewpoint? The ride is under  Review Gubey ? The integrity unit seem to think there is something to discuss and the video evidence points to a ride which was certainly far from his best and not consistent with him normal riding style. If a ride attracts attention it is out of the norm,and as Foxy pointed out it happens all to frequently in this country particularly compared to Australia. Mime was always going to get back but with Rich Billy in this was never an issue. I backed Hunapo by the way. Thanks Sleepy MC

4 minutes ago, hesi said:

Hunapo, was pulled out at the 200m, with Mime several lengths adrift, and was under a strong ride to make ground.

Cameron would have had a clear view of this

Mime cruised up with no urging on the inside running to be almost equal with Hunapo, maybe half a length away, but then at the 100m Hunapo started to make good ground, then at the 50 really stretched out.

Cameron really didn't start riding Mime vigorously until 75m out.

FFS they were in different parts of the track, fast lane v. slow lane arguably given that the inner had been well used.

Hunapo was quite impressive though but what appeared at first glance to be a coruscating turn of foot was actually deceptive and something of an illusion because they'd gone so hard and the rest around him were ( metaphorically ) walking home.

It's worth noting that Rich Billie Marsh did amazingly well to stick on the way it did. 

11 minutes ago, kdt said:

Just announced on Trackside Radio, he has been charged with failing to give mount every opportunity to win or words to that effect

Really, then they better start charging most riders in this country, never a meeting goes by where jocks make bad judgements and don't give the horse the best oportunity to win. Jocks barging there way out when horses are improving on there outside and stopping there momentum. I really don't quite get my head around this one, I have seen a lot worse everyday.

Guest 2Admin2

As Midget said a good advocate will get him off it in two minutes.  Another waste of time and money.  

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, hesi said:

I'm sure the stipes will not be looking at his decision to switch to the inside, but at the 100m where he shakes the horse up twice, then stops riding for 5 strides, even though there is clear space ahead, then starts riding with the expected vigour 75m out.

The point where he stops riding is where Hunapo makes a winning break

Now either you have your distances wrong or the Ellerslie straight is a lot shorter than I thought it was as the winner had made a break on Mime well before you say it did.

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

After that, it was probably Matt Cameron's lack of vigour between the 200m and 100m that has caused the most concern and combined with not taking the run on the outside of GHC earlier compounding the problem I think (in my opinion) is the reasoning behind the Stewards looking into the ride. Again, I will repeat, I don't believe there was anything sinister involved, just terrible judgement (which can have consequences also)    

The charge is under Rule 636 (b) and not (a) so what charges that have been laid are in line with my thoughts.

Nothing sinister (a)  with charges relating to terrible judgement (b).

Matt will now have to prove different. I can't add anything further so will just wait the final outcome.         

6 hours ago, bestbets said:

Really, then they better start charging most riders in this country, never a meeting goes by where jocks make bad judgements and don't give the horse the best oportunity to win. Jocks barging there way out when horses are improving on there outside and stopping there momentum. I really don't quite get my head around this one, I have seen a lot worse everyday.

Someone has obviously got it in for Matt, or they are picking a top jock to make an example to shake things up.

You are dead right, every race day poor rides from very poor judgement.

No consistency with NZ Racing!!

Guest 2Admin2
38 minutes ago, Grant R said:

Wasn't a great ride but to go to this length are we all missing something? ive wracked my brain i just think possibly not a good decision by Matt . The powers to be will slap him with a week to keep there jobs ha ha

Yeah I tend to agree.  They miss so much else and then worry about this. The Stipes report for the race describes what happened and I would think was an adequate defence for Cameron.  I can't understand why they are looking at betting records unless some snitch has said "there was betting coup you'd better look into it."

I think Matt Cameron should take this all as a compliment,he absolutely got this race wrong but because it is so out of character,he is copping it thick.Any given race day here sees a half dozen or more worse rides,without question....Matt is still nz's most consistent rider bar none.Lets keep in mind , this is nz racing we are talking about.Remove the top 6 jockeys and it really is amateur hour.80% of nz riders are terrible,its what continues to hold nz racing back.Look forward to a great battle between Cameron V Allpress again this season.

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Wasn't the charge relating to not giving his mount the best chance of winning the race Ted...?

Correct but that is under 636 (b)

636 (1) A person:

(a) shall not run a horse, or cause or permit a horse to be run, other than on its merits;

(b) being the Rider of a horse in a Race, must take all reasonable and permissible measures throughout the Race to ensure that his horse is given full opportunity to win the Race or to obtain the best possible finishing place;