RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
slam dunk

Hasselhoof racetimes

Not generally known but at Hasselhoofs first start his time was in the top dozen or so in the last 20 years at Ruakaka out of about 330 at the distance.

Then todays was the fastest 1600 at Ruakaka in the last 15 years and possibly 20 years. Once again more than 300 races.

Track listed as Dead 5.

H'mm might win another one.

impressive   yes  but    met  two very  average  races  which    i think  only silencer looks as  good  very  hard  to get a line on  times   when the open company wasn't strong  either   we need   see  him  up  against better  horses  than that to really see  his worth

Gee Mr Gee you are a tough marker.

This horse has has so much to learn and won both times with a leg in the air. His raw talent is quite exciting and he is only going to improve further from yesterday's run. If you read the first post regarding the times it highlights the undoubted ability of this horse. Remember he has only had the two starts, what is going to do whe he becomes professional and steps over more ground?

impressive   yes  but    met  two very  average  races  which    i think  only silencer looks as  good  very  hard  to get a line on  times   when the open company wasn't strong  either   we need   see  him  up  against better  horses  than that to really see  his worth

You can fit a lot of better horses into 11L , freakish just hope he gets sold to Aus .

The time could have been a lot better. Cameron stopped pushing him a long way before the post.

This guy has to be the real deal.

For the horse's sake I hope he stays with Donna Logan quite a bit longer. She has obviously been quite patient with him and being the big rangey type will probably not want to be pushed too hard as he fills out more.

Then todays was the fastest 1600 at Ruakaka in the last 15 years and possibly 20 years. Once again more than 300 races.

Yea, the time was the fastest at Ruakaka since at least 1992. Unfortunately, my records only go back that far. Funnily enough, the next best is 1:34.48 by Flyinby in March this year (R75), also on a Dead track. But we also have to remember that Hasselhoof was eased up markedly before the finish and wasn't really pushed.

Does a Dead surface at Ruakaka produce a firmer underfoot? In being sand based, predominantly sand, different in that, some water in the mix, bounds the sand grains together, making them a more stable compaction, like a slurry, as opposed to being on the dry side, then the sand grains actually move more, as they are not bound to each other. Walking in sand dune, is hard work, compared to walking down in the wet sand, which is like a compact concrete surface. I think Dead at Ruakaka, does not relate to Dead elsewhere. Not that this time and performance was not very impressive.

If you have researched this out yourself Slam Dunk, then excellent work.

Where next with this horse?

Yes went down to the library and got the microfiche of NZ Herald results for every race at Ruakaka. Mind you I could say got some help from Bill Gates perhaps you might believe that better.

Rather mystified at M Camerons riding tactics. Seemed to put hell of a lot of pressure on the horse rounding the turn. Just needed an errant horse running out on him a possibility of serious injury. For that effort the 11 lengths was a bit embarrasing and an overkill.

don't  get me   wrong horse  has  any amount of a ability  but  i   unsure other than bout  two    how  far  those  horses  behind  him wil go  especially    when we see  him  go to other  races 

Remember he carried 59kgs too!

I had actually called my brother-in-law in to the lounge to watch him, advising him that this was a very special horse about to go round. However, I was blown away by that run! Could be anything....

Certainly looks thr real deal,however i would like to see him race somewhere other than Ruakaka before bowing and scraping to him.

Certainly a great effort but tend to agree home track and great surface all year round . But by the sounds of things Donna thinks he will be gone 

Will go to Hong Kong .... Will be great for Tavistock as a sire to have an improving runner like him there

Now that Werther has been sold to overseas interests,it gives Tavistock a huge international presence if they do well on the track.