RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

"Give a little" to Mortys Defence

It all seems a bit of a sideshow to me. It beggars belief that this fiasco which has dragged on for years and sidetracked energy and resources from the real issues which NZTR should be confronting is now going to be fronted up to and hopefully put to bed. As far as I know, no-one has been able to come up with anywhere near his various claims of 70, 80, or 90 horses owned. As I think it was Rumpole suggested, he may have had interests in various other entities which owned horses adding up to one of those claimed amounts. However, I seriously doubt he can show he owned that many horses in his own name. I own shares in Macdonalds but would not claim I owned 36,000 Macdonald's outlets. That kind of argument would surely be absurd. Time will tell I guess, then maybe we can get back to the more serious performance issues confronting NZTR.

Well said Legs.

Interesting.

If Mr Purcell can be shown as  having uttered (repeatedly) a falsehood, what rule/s has he broken, what action against him will/should ensue and by whom would it be taken?

Probably just rule 340 Misconduct, I'd say.

0800 RIU 123

VonS - you beaudy.

Would have listened to this track over a hundred times and that's the first time I'd ever seen the video ...

I had heard they/he had spectacular shows!  Not wrong!

Thanks again (and that's just in consideration of the clip itself - let alone your astute and wry selection and posting of it on this thread  ...)

An update for Cafers.

We were told by Mr S Symon and Mr M Godber that the names of 90 horses will be forwarded over to us by 9am today.

As at the moment we have received nothing.

We find this staggering and an email will be sent to the parties involved on Monday.

The 2nd charge against me hinges on the alleged 90 raced,which Mr Purcell claims he has this information and yet he won't or maybe not be able to do..

Surely the RIU would have checked  the 90 horses were factual,otherwise they have wasted industry funds and there credibility would have to be questioned.

Will keep everyone up to speed with any developments.

Thanks

Midget...

Thank you for the update.

I find the information contained in your post to be very interesting indeed.

I would also like to thank you for taking this most serious matter in your stride and refusing to be bowed by, what I consider to be, the misuse of executive authority.

This must be a trying time for you, your family and friends and I hope that you and they are buoyed by the support you have from the frequenters of this Forum.

All the very best.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Midget...

I would also like to thank you for taking this most serious matter in your stride and refusing to be bowed by, what I consider to be, the misuse of executive authority.

This must be a trying time for you, your family and friends and I hope that you and they are buoyed by the support you have from the frequenters of this Forum.

All the very best.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Here here

Midget...

This must be a trying time for you, your family and friends and I hope that you and they are buoyed by the support you have from the frequenters of this Forum.

All the very best.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Midget...

This must be a trying time for you, your family and friends and I hope that you and they are buoyed by the support you have from the frequenters of this Forum.

All the very best.

Cheers.

Ashoka

Thank you for your thoughts and yes it has cause a few nights without sleep, but I will stand firm for the answer.

We have also hired another Lawyer who represented Judy Lawson and the Cave Creek investigation.I believe you will be astonished what will come out regarding the safety of the track where Touche slipped.I will reveal all at the right time.

As I was a tad unwell yesterday I missed the post by our friend and collegue Morty, I join all the others on here wishing you the best Midget, and would just like to add, '' can we expect Mr Purcell's resignation in the coming days''? by not fronting the radio show on Wednesday as advertised by Peter Early, the failure to send Midget the promised documents within the time stated, and knowing the entire industry is watching and waiting with great expectation raises the conundrum of, should I stay or should I go>...does it not?

An update for Cafers.

We were told by Mr S Symon and Mr M Godber that the names of 90 horses will be forwarded over to us by 9am today.

As at the moment we have received nothing.

We find this staggering and an email will be sent to the parties involved on Monday.

The 2nd charge against me hinges on the alleged 90 raced,which Mr Purcell claims he has this information and yet he won't or maybe not be able to do..

Surely the RIU would have checked  the 90 horses were factual,otherwise they have wasted industry funds and there credibility would have to be questioned.

Will keep everyone up to speed with any developments.

Thanks

No sign of the 90 names being deilvered as promised? 

Isn't there a little irony there - considering what this whole action is about?

Are we dealing with people we can consider "men of their word"?

Yes "I" is for irony.

And "I" is also for integrity ....

Well said Jess. Just imagine if the boot was on the other foot and Midget did not meet a deadline set by The RIU. They would be down on him like a ton of bricks.

Yes Bloke. That's just it isn't it?

There could well even be some official charge or penalty or costs that would have been preferred if the boot had been on the other (Midget's size 8) foot .... ? - I can only imagine the meal that coulda/woulda been made of such a failure on the other side ...

I am really disappointed that sanity has not prevailed before now.

Is there anybody out there (come in VonS ... :P ... channeling R. Waters again) who can take this man (and I don't mean Midget)  aside and tell him some (possibly unwelcome) home truths and set him on a more sensible path. 

We all make mistakes - react impulsively to things - take offence etc.  But loading a whole lot more rubbish on top of an initial misjudgement merely amplifies the original error. 

To mix/reinvent a metaphor - two wrongs will only make a giant prat of anyone.

All the best Midget.

J

..................................... so that, my friends, was how I come to regard myself as the owner of the gelding I fondly refer to as number 72.

....... ah  ......... and that brings us to number 73 I believe. 

Now this one never actually got to the races, despite showing immense early promise, due to a sad mishap which occurred at weaning.  And while strictly speaking I don't appear on the original ownership papers of the filly, she was pretty much as good as mine because my aunty Bessie had a quarter share in her grand-dam and promised me when I was 12 that one day, if I visited often and mowed her lawns every couple weeks, and if she outlived the other shareholders, I could have a wee share in the first foal to be born to the mare's 3rd filly  ("3" was Bessie's lucky number, you see) .

And when I say my aunty Bessie - she wan't so much an actual aunty but she was a really good friend of my mother's.  And when I say close - well - have any of you lived in a really small town, where the power supply often goes down ... ? ...

But to get back to business here - and to be completely accurate - that's not my blood mother but my step mother - who married my dad after my real mum ran off with the clown to be a trapeze artiste in the circus.

Well now - in actual fact - I'd always thought of this bloke as my dad but when I turned 21 and he got up to make the speech, I found out, somewhat distressingly, that he was actually my uncle - for I'd been begat by his brother in a moment of passion under the big top, prior to my mum leaving town on the on the broad back of the ageing circus elephant.   

And when I say circus ...... 

My Lawyer passed the names of the horses over to me yesterday.I will ask him if it is lawful to post them on here,if so i will do so,

He has listed 93 horses but some are unmamed,so you think that they were not born when he made the claim.

It will be interesting and a bit time involved to research these horses.

I notice he has not brought up his claim the he was a leading NSW Country bookmaker for 12 years,when research says he was only licenced for 9 years.interesting.

My Lawyer passed the names of the horses over to me yesterday.I will ask him if it is lawful to post them on here,if so i will do so,

He has listed 93 horses but some are unmamed,so you think that they were not born when he made the claim.

It will be interesting and a bit time involved to research these horses.

I notice he has not brought up his claim the he was a leading NSW Country bookmaker for 12 years,when research says he was only licenced for 9 years.interesting.

I thought horse ownership was a matter of public record - they certainly publish the details in the racebook etc and even syndicates have to disclose to the authorities who the members are.

But of course I appreciate you need to be cautious bearing in mind the situation

Un-named?  I didn't think you could race an un-named horse...

But that's just the last couple according to Midget .. wonder why they were even added to the list??

(ever heard of the sayings - "calling all pockets" or "gilding the lily" ?)

I presume then that all of the others are not only named - but have graced a racetrack somewhere, at a time when a certain gentleman's name was listed as owner.  For wasn't that the claim - that he had raced 90 - or in excess of 90?