RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
say no more

Karaka Million 2025 (2yo) - long range competition

Liz has proposed the following competition and is sponsoring it with a $100 bet as the prize.

Concept 

1] From the recently completed Karaka yearling sales, pick FOUR horses that you think will make the 2 year old Karaka Millions field in 2025.

2] If they do, you get 10 points for each one that does.

3] It one of your picks runs 1st: 30 points, 2nd: 20 points, 3rd: 10 points, 4th: 5 points and 5th: 2 points (on top of the 10 points for making the field).

Most points wins - first Prize $100 bet sponsored by Liz.  Any tie for first will be split by:

- most runners in the field; then
- who had the winner; then
- who had the runner-up; then
- who had the 3rd place horse

If the tie is still not broken then the prize will be split.  If no one picks a horse to even make the field, the competition is null and void.

Posting deadline - last day for posting selections is Friday 16 February

Please post the Lot # and the Dam's name

eg. 

Lot 10 Desert Star
Lot 295 Parmalove

If a horse makes the field (ie. listed in the race field and included in the barrier draw) but is subsequently scratched, you will still earn 10 points for that horse. 

Lot 357 Romabella

Lot 370 Santa Catarina

Lot 384 Selica

Lot 1081 Back Date

A long range guess. 

P.S. If I could have afforded a share in any one of the above, it would have been Lot 370.

203 Madrugada

227  Milunka

641 Channeled's Lady

675  Cote D'or

I only really looked at the fillies to buy..but the colt looked like he will come early...Seems TA liked some of the same ones I did, only difference they had the money to buy them LOL...and I really like the filly Cambridge bought.

51 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

203 Madrugada

227  Milunka

255 Natural Selection

641 Channeled's Lady

675  Cote D'or

I only really looked at the fillies to buy..but the colt looked like he will come early...Seems TA liked some of the same ones I did, only difference they had the money to buy them LOL...and I really like the filly Cambridge bought.

Scoobs, your a top bloke and generous to boot, but if any of these make it I will put in 100 as well to the victor

11 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Scoobs, your a top bloke and generous to boot, but if any of these make it I will put in 100 as well to the victor

Te Akau will probably have half a dozen runners as per usual, and two of those Te Akau horses that Scooby found (not the one by Md'O) are ones I really liked as ones for the race. I think you'd better start saving your $4 a week just in case on those two.

2 hours ago, jack said:

Lot. 360 Rondinella

Lot. 896 Polson

Lot. 907 Pwerfect

Lot. 944 Sentito

Rondinella. Looked anything early then suffered a breathing disorder or heart arhthmia  from memory before racing again successfully in Australia. Was it a result of environment or genetically pre disposed? Looks a great selection on substance

11 hours ago, Gruff said:

You want to list the Group horses you have picked and bought yourself...expert Mr Gruff...I think I have a decent record to go up against you...care to put a $100 up.

8 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

You want to list the Group horses you have picked and bought yourself...expert Mr Gruff...I think I have a decent record to go up against you...care to put a $100 up.

Only been  involved in One breeding Comp on here in 2014, Berris Challenge...i ended up with Speith and Amarula , Speith narrowly missing 2 Group 1s and Amarula a Hawkes Bay Guineas while you were in Hospital .You don't need to have money to burn to have an opinion Scoobs, im sure you have excelled so proving you 'slightly wide' here will be the first feather in my Cap .This could cost me $1.92 a week so.pressures on alright..... these comps are better with a Cap on expenditure but interesting anywho