Chris Wood

Name for my horse please.

211 posts in this topic

Morning Race Cafe Team, our boy heads to Tauranga tomorrow to line up in race 2.

Happy with him, he came through last weeks trial well, not really sure about the Heavy 11 track, but we have to start somewhere and he does seem to get through the going judging by his recent trials efforts.

Andrew Calder takes the mount and he was a pleased with the trial win.

Good luck to Anne and Steve, fellow shareholders, let the fun begin!

3 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I don't normally bag Jocks but that was a very ordinary ride...JMO...but the horse to his credit ran well...kept on going when he should have lay down with the run he had in transit...:rcf-monkey:

Are you suggesting he may have covered a bit of extra ground Scooby? Tauranga is such a strange track at the best of times, either they handle it or they don't. It was quite a reasonable run and probably good practice for the horse. I'm sure the connections will be happy enough pressing on.

Happy enough team, 1.19 and change showed how testing the track was, 98mm of rain in the week leading up to the day.

Andrew commented that he was going to push forward but was going to have to work to get there, so decided to take a sit.

Tempo was moderate, so who knows, he was out there, I wasn’t!

Horse rallied well in the straight, the experience won’t do him any harm and connections were happy.

Will let you know shortly where we head next!