RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Williams/Richards partnership

21 minutes ago, puha said:

Stakes need a huge increase NOW not tomorrow or next year blah blah blah.

On the other hand, you might argue they need significantly decreasing, so some money can be put into fixing our disintegrating track infrastructure.

9 minutes ago, Leggy said:

On the other hand, you might argue they need significantly decreasing, so some money can be put into fixing our disintegrating track infrastructure.

Race at Trentham.........Didn't you see how well the track there played for four weekends in a row throughout January and that was on top of a fantastic track in early Dec and that was AFTER THEY HAD NINE INCHES OF RAIN IN NOVEMBER. 

10 hours ago, puha said:

I can't see how you can make a living from training fees alone it's just not possible. I'd suggest most trainers are subsiding their own businesses one way or the other. Either by having another income source , selling off stock etc What else can they do when training fees and stakemoney just don't cover costs. It's getting to the point where many are saying what's the point I'm working my ass of for zero rewards even if I strike a half decent horse it will only buy time not change circumstances. Stakes need a huge increase NOW not tomorrow or next year blah blah blah.

why would anything change? Those that make the decisions are earning very nice salaries - thank you very much!

Confirming my post from yesterday about a trainer probably moving to Victoria. Alan Sharrock just announced on Trackside Radio that he is looking at properties in Victoria. Cited that if a horse of his runs second in a $7,000 race the jockey gets $230 and he gets $140. Alan is very angry and rightfully so about our woefully inadequate stakes.

27 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Confirming my post from yesterday about a trainer probably moving to Victoria. Alan Sharrock just announced on Trackside Radio that he is looking at properties in Victoria. Cited that if a horse of his runs second in a $7,000 race the jockey gets $230 and he gets $140. Alan is very angry and rightfully so about our woefully inadequate stakes.

Does anybody know how Jason Bridgeman is going in Victoria?

Haven't heard anything since he lined up Ponderosa Miss for a couple of starts.

24 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Does anybody know how Jason Bridgeman is going in Victoria?

Haven't heard anything since he lined up Ponderosa Miss for a couple of starts.

I saw him interviewed before a race last week as he had the favorite and it won. Was his 2nd winner for the season from 18 starts. 

On 2/10/2017 at 11:51 AM, gubellini said:

Yes....hes very dissatisfied... And you forgot the part he said " and the owner still gets a bill at the end of the month" !!! 

On 2/10/2017 at 11:51 AM, gubellini said:

Confirming my post from yesterday about a trainer probably moving to Victoria. Alan Sharrock just announced on Trackside Radio that he is looking at properties in Victoria. Cited that if a horse of his runs second in a $7,000 race th e jockey gets $230 and he gets $140. Alan is very angry and rightfully so about our woefully inadequate stakes.

16 Peter, Dawn Williams & Paul Richards 31 16 15   147   4.74

15 Peter, Dawn Williams & Paul Richards 18 11 13   95   5.28

18 Allan Sharrock             6.63

13 Allan Sharrock 36 26 21   182   5.06

Yeah the likes of Allan , Williams / Richards, and other top Strike rate trainers that can,t make ends meet in NZ for the love of the game

is testament to the fact ,...Grass roots racing is fucked. ...up the Stakes for Fuck sakes.../ lower the fat cats salary to accomadate it!...

Where is Nathan Guy?...surely he has a calculator in his top drawer, do some maths...get the industry going forward again.

1 hour ago, porky said:
16 Peter, Dawn Williams & Paul Richards 31 16 15   147   4.74

15 Peter, Dawn Williams & Paul Richards 18 11 13   95   5.28

18 Allan Sharrock             6.63

13 Allan Sharrock 36 26 21   182   5.06

Yeah the likes of Allan , Williams / Richards, and other top Strike rate trainers that can,t make ends meet in NZ for the love of the game

is testament to the fact ,...Grass roots racing is fucked. ...up the Stakes for Fuck sakes.../ lower the fat cats salary to accomadate it!...

Where is Nathan Guy?...surely he has a calculator in his top drawer, do some maths...get the industry going forward again.

Poor old Nathan hasn't got a racing bone in his body....when on Peter Earleys radio show , Peter broached the subject of an all weather race track for gallops. He replied

that we already have one.... Peter said  " no thats a trotting track Nathan " .... Bring back Winney I say ... hes got that  good combination of the Scottish bloodlines to slash costs where necessary and the cunning Maori to extract funds from the Government coffers as required !!