RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Williams/Richards partnership

Pity they hadn't listened and addressed these issues for the collective good of the industry five years ago.

Nothing that's happening now is new, it's been insidiously creeping up on us, and it's only going to get worse, much worse.

These guys ( the Williams duo that is ) should've been taking supporting action to initiate change a long time ago.

Pity the Trainers Assn hasn't mobilized these heavyweights of the industry before now, before it's too damn late.

True Contentious. Hardly goes with the CEO statement does it....?

CEO’s Message

NZTR%20Menu.jpg

I am committed to building on NZTR’s leadership role in thoroughbred racing in New Zealand and to see further improvements for industry participants and stakeholders.

1 hour ago, Contentious said:

I find it hard to believe that NZTR break this news. Do they not realise that it is part their fault due to policies implemented over the past few years that have led to this happening? 

"part their fault"?

7 hours ago, Midget said:

Pity they hadn't listened and addressed these issues for the collective good of the industry five years ago.

Nothing that's happening now is new, it's been insidiously creeping up on us, and it's only going to get worse, much worse.

These guys ( the Williams duo that is ) should've been taking supporting action to initiate change a long time ago.

Pity the Trainers Assn hasn't mobilized these heavyweights of the industry before now, before it's too damn late.

And what did the mobilized heavyweights do???? Not being cynical but it looks from outside they added sweet FA to the cause...or is there more coming???

13 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Trainers are voting with their feet. Expect at least one leading North Island trainer to move to Victoria before the end of the season. Also more C.D. trainers moving north.

Whats the purpose of moving north ? 

And who can blame them?

They're trying to run a business where the overheads are exponentially outweighing the rewards.

Serious wake up call when top strike rate trainers start downsizing.

Unfortunately waking up the brain dead administrators and troughers is a lost cause.

I can't see how you can make a living from training fees alone it's just not possible. I'd suggest most trainers are subsiding their own businesses one way or the other. Either by having another income source , selling off stock etc What else can they do when training fees and stakemoney just don't cover costs. It's getting to the point where many are saying what's the point I'm working my ass of for zero rewards even if I strike a half decent horse it will only buy time not change circumstances. Stakes need a huge increase NOW not tomorrow or next year blah blah blah.