RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Veandercross R.I.P

bACKED rOUGH HABIT in that race.Thought I was homE.Veandercross blew RH into the weeds and that didn't happen very often.

Absolute champion who had pilot issues regularly.Jim Walker prob cost him a race and Billy Idol dualled him in both Cups.

Unlucly horse.Champion from Wangvegas

Today Rising Romance (NZ) will attempt to do the same for all Kiwi's and honour the memory of this great (NZ) racehorse.

Go Girl ! May there be a wing on every hoof! :wub:

From Memory the last Ruakaka trained winner of the Mackinnon Stakes was (My) Axeman in 1982!

Can history repeat 32 years later? :wub:

Yes and should have win the Caulfield Cup. I'm sure the jock still thinks he rode the perfect race - at least he proved in the Caul Cup that Vandy could run 3200m on a heavy track ! He must have run close to that in the CC !

Until Veandercross (in bred to Northern Dancer) came along the Northern Dancer line had done very little here in New Zealand.  Then at the same time as Veandercross we got Volksraad and Zabeel.  So much so that in the last NZ Derby every starter traced back to Northern Dancer.

Thanks Baz for putting up the video. Not only was he a great horse but his performances got many people, at the time, talking about pedigrees and different rearing & training methods. ( Chris Turner followed the methods of an Aussie equine sports medicine doctor , especially early on --- eg. walking on hard surfaces for slowly increases distances and times as a weanling to strengthen bones etc.).

Today Rising Romance (NZ) will attempt to do the same for all Kiwi's and honour the memory of this great (NZ) racehorse.

Go Girl ! May there be a wing on every hoof! :wub:

From Memory the last Ruakaka trained winner of the Mackinnon Stakes was (My) Axeman in 1982!

Can history repeat 32 years later? :wub:

no

bACKED rOUGH HABIT in that race.Thought I was homE.Veandercross blew RH into the weeds and that didn't happen very often.

Absolute champion who had pilot issues regularly.Jim Walker prob cost him a race and Billy Idol dualled him in both Cups.

Unlucly horse.Champion from Wangvegas

Not sure which races Jim cost him, but what I do know is that Jim Walker helped make into the great horse he became by teaching him and looking after him as a young horse. Think you will find Veandercross would have won a few more races had Jimmy gone to Australia and ridden him.

William B saw him beaten as a 3 year old by Naturalism. JW out manoeuvred by Oliver I think it was.

Yes I would of stuck with Walker but the owners would have thought they were getting a better local. Didn't happen. Always interesting to wonder what would have happened otherwise.

another notorious topliner., 'VANDY' managed some herculian efforts at times..and he was such a great 'story' concerning his connections and 'come about'

loved seeing his racing colours and red bridal? offsetting his glossy chestnut attributes

R.I.P.  ~VEANDERCROSS~

another notorious topliner., 'VANDY' managed some herculian efforts at times..and he was such a great 'story' concerning his connections and 'come about'

loved seeing his racing colours and red bridal? offsetting his glossy chestnut attributes

R.I.P.  ~VEANDERCROSS~

Not sure if you were watching same horse Hedley but Veandercross was not a chestnut.