RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sheriff

Waterhouse, Singleton and Co, all telling the truth...

Hard to see anyone coming out of this with much credit.

If Johns was at Singleton's place (which surely can be proved) then the Channel Nine link raised above surely has to be investigated.

The conflicts of interest all over the place are amazing - only in Australia??

Another thing, why did the stewards not put the race back 10 minutes once this broke on channel7 and twitter? Nash was yet to mount, there was plenty of time to call Gai and John into the room. Once they had those facts in front of them she should have come out and MJ punters would have gotten their moula back.

The question is why did Ray gun let it go on.....is he denying he knew of the escalating scenario? Oh this is lovely, transparency and Waterhouses, oxymoron. Gai blaming her vets, saying as professionals they know best.......she should know that mare inside out, why did Grimley advise Singo to " have a day out and forget the punt" ......he was with the vet Sat morning, the whole thing stinks, and most importantly, in the unlikely event of Singo pulling up stumps and going home, another owner would be lost the industry.....who cares if Gai takes early retirement, her right hand man Mark Newnham is capable of producing as many winners as her, probably more, as he doesn't have the same distractions as Gai.

Another thing, why did the stewards not put the race back 10 minutes once this broke on channel7 and twitter? Nash was yet to mount, there was plenty of time to call Gai and John into the room. Once they had those facts in front of them she should have come out and MJ punters would have gotten their moula back.

Didn't I read where the money bet on MJ, by one agency at least, was refunded?

What facts would've gotten MJ scratched, biff? The neck injury? The trainer, her vet, Singo's vet, Singo's racing manager, the oncourse vet and the stipes all knew about it, and let her run. The only person who didn't know, who should've, was Singo. His trainer/vet/racing manager all let him down (apparently because he's a grumpy old man who flies off the handle when he gets bad news), and he should give them all the boot and replace them with people who aren't afraid of his hissy fits.

Maybe Tom Waterhouse knew about it (he probably shouldn't have, but he's a bookie whose Mum is a trainer, so they probably discuss horses regularly). He did apparently mention that he didn't fancy More Joyous (along with It's A Dundeel) to Johns, but whether that's because he knew about her neck or he just didn't rate her, who knows? It looks like TW lost money on her though, so if he thought she was no chance he didn't structure his book to profit off of it.

I like Singo, and don't particularly like Gai, but those are my thoughts on it.

Idolmite: it was Sportsbet who refunded bets placed on More Joyous. Roughly $150k, I think.

What facts would've gotten MJ scratched, biff? The neck injury? The trainer, her vet, Singo's vet, Singo's racing manager, the oncourse vet and the stipes all knew about it, and let her run. The only person who didn't know, who should've, was Singo. His trainer/vet/racing manager all let him down (apparently because he's a grumpy old man who flies off the handle when he gets bad news), and he should give them all the boot and replace them with people who aren't afraid of his hissy fits.

Maybe Tom Waterhouse knew about it (he probably shouldn't have, but he's a bookie whose Mum is a trainer, so they probably discuss horses regularly). He did apparently mention that he didn't fancy More Joyous (along with It's A Dundeel) to Johns, but whether that's because he knew about her neck or he just didn't rate her, who knows? It looks like TW lost money on her though, so if he thought she was no chance he didn't structure his book to profit off of it.

I like Singo, and don't particularly like Gai, but those are my thoughts on it.

Idolmite: it was Sportsbet who refunded bets placed on More Joyous. Roughly $150k, I think.

I'll try and be as succinct as possible, the mare was treated with an unknown [at that time] substance for a 'sore' neck......read between the lines, if you are a racing man there are really only 2-3 ways a horse gets a sore neck......and the stipes know this. Once they became aware the mare was treated a few days before the race and this was not reported to RNSW stewards, Waterhouse was in contravention of the rules of racing. 

As a substantial punter I would not have invested on her once I became aware of this news as surely there was something amiss. And as proved, subsequently, there was something amiss.

Racing is about transparency and integrity, purportedly? therefore Murrihy should have acted in the best interests of all. He should have called them all into the room and asked why Waterhouse had not reported such treatment to the stewards, and Gai should have had to sign a stat dec that the mare was treated with drugs not on the banned list, and then Singo should have been asked if he was happy with Gai's explanation and if he was happy to run the mare....then the stewards should have swabbed MJ.......even if it had taken 30 min.....that's why I said she should have been scratched, as it was not fair the other runners should have suffered because of Waterhouse's recalcitrance in advising stewards of treating her horses without appropriate disclosure.

Succinct  enough?

I'll try and be as succinct as possible, the mare was treated with an unknown [at that time] substance for a 'sore' neck......read between the lines, if you are a racing man there are really only 2-3 ways a horse gets a sore neck......and the stipes know this. Once they became aware the mare was treated a few days before the race and this was not reported to RNSW stewards, Waterhouse was in contravention of the rules of racing. 

As a substantial punter I would not have invested on her once I became aware of this news as surely there was something amiss. And as proved, subsequently, there was something amiss.

Racing is about transparency and integrity, purportedly? therefore Murrihy should have acted in the best interests of all. He should have called them all into the room and asked why Waterhouse had not reported such treatment to the stewards, and Gai should have had to sign a stat dec that the mare was treated with drugs not on the banned list, and then Singo should have been asked if he was happy with Gai's explanation and if he was happy to run the mare....then the stewards should have swabbed MJ.......even if it had taken 30 min.....that's why I said she should have been scratched, as it was not fair the other runners should have suffered because of Waterhouse's recalcitrance in advising stewards of treating her horses without appropriate disclosure.

Succinct  enough?

The bolded part is true apparently, but I didn't know about it when I posted. I thought RNSW et al knew all about the injury and treatment. Given that info, I agree entirely with everything else in your reply.

The bolded part is true apparently, but I didn't know about it when I posted. I thought RNSW et al knew all about the injury and treatment. Given that info, I agree entirely with everything else in your reply.

Forgiven mate, welcome to the club.

thank God there's no sex involved, oops there's Eddy the brothel owner, and toothy Tom has a mortgage over Eddies moot shop, well at least there's no fraudsters or rorters involved, oops there's Robbie wrapped in fine cotton, and as an aside hasn't Robbie weathered well!!, I think he's been to the same embalmer as Shane Warne, either that or he got remodelled at Madam Tussauds.

Moving on, thank the Lord there's no drugs involved, oops, I forgot, Andrew Johns has a little history when it comes to swallowing the vowels of the alphabet soup.

Thank heavens there's no alcohol involved, oh dear, I think Singo had had two or three before the big fracas at the races, and that was two or three gallons, either that or he has been learning to speak in shorthand.

I guess we're very lucky we've got a horse trainer and jockey involved, at least they don't lie....and a bloke with an aerodynamic head wearing a silly hat to run the circus and lighten the whole show up.

You wouldn't get a better script for a comedy show would you?

Very Very Funny zzz :)  :)  :)

thank God there's no sex involved, oops there's Eddy the brothel owner, and toothy Tom has a mortgage over Eddies moot shop, well at least there's no fraudsters or rorters involved, oops there's Robbie wrapped in fine cotton, and as an aside hasn't Robbie weathered well!!, I think he's been to the same embalmer as Shane Warne, either that or he got remodelled at Madam Tussauds.

Moving on, thank the Lord there's no drugs involved, oops, I forgot, Andrew Johns has a little history when it comes to swallowing the vowels of the alphabet soup.

Thank heavens there's no alcohol involved, oh dear, I think Singo had had two or three before the big fracas at the races, and that was two or three gallons, either that or he has been learning to speak in shorthand.

I guess we're very lucky we've got a horse trainer and jockey involved, at least they don't lie....and a bloke with an aerodynamic head wearing a silly hat to run the circus and lighten the whole show up.

You wouldn't get a better script for a comedy show would you?

As i predicted in the beginning it's totally set up !! they have got everything organised to write a best selling book, the publishers etc. have already been contacted, imagine it , Horse Trainers, Bookmakers, League Immortals, Multi-millionaires, ex Jockeys... the works, and yeah i'm sure there will be Sex and Brothels involved somewhere along the line.   What a great read i can't wait !!

As i predicted in the beginning it's totally set up !! they have got everything organised to write a best selling book, the publishers etc. have already been contacted, imagine it , Horse Trainers, Bookmakers, League Immortals, Multi-millionaires, ex Jockeys... the works, and yeah i'm sure there will be Sex and Brothels involved somewhere along the line.   What a great read i can't wait !!

sounds like a day at the beehive, eh?

Court action? surely you mean a comedy festival or the world bullshitting championships? 

I can't believe Gai was reported as saying that Nash didn't give her a good ride,To my way of reading a race,it was a top ride,Nash pushed All To Hard out on the corner,after giving her a cosy run in tramsit and if MJ was in the form we know she is capable of,the race was hers for the taking.

For Gai to say it was a poor ride,beggars belief in my view and looking to lay the blame on anyone except her good-self.

I can't believe Gai was reported as saying that Nash didn't give her a good ride,To my way of reading a race,it was a top ride,Nash pushed All To Hard out on the corner,after giving her a cosy run in tramsit and if MJ was in the form we know she is capable of,the race was hers for the taking.

For Gai to say it was a poor ride,beggars belief in my view and looking to lay the blame on anyone except her good-self.

Gai is like a possum in the headlights and looking to do anything to divert attention.

Although Tommy boy has obviously got his Channel Nine mates to lean on Johns and no doubt told the brothel entrepreneur that foreclosure(that's calling the mortgage up for you lewd minded types) is on the way Gai realises she is is the s#*t over this and wants to shift some blame.

I bet Rawiller got a shock when she produced that little gem.  He must feel like he is in a real weird position having to listen to the scrap in the parade ring with a TV camera in his face then getting the blame for the horse not winning.

I still reckon she will pin the blame, at least for the info escaping to the boy, on one of her staff. Obviously she will have to take the rap for the lack of informing the stewards

I was thinking that it'd be funny to see Gai get charged with supplying false and misleading information......but then I thought every one of her owners would have to give evidence against her....so I thought I'll hand pick a jury for her theoretical trial to do her a favour......so I googled "thieving, low life, cheating, lying Australian criminals" as potential jurors.....and I got a copy of their phone book, with 16 million names in it....126 of whom unfortunately now live in Wellington and work in Petone

It just gets better and better zzz,but sadly not to far from the truth,especially the reference about the ones in Petone.

Do you think John Key was wrong to say Wellington is dying,or has he got a copy of the team from Petone lastest financials????

This is brilliant stuff to follow from the sidelines (although you have to ignore perhaps the damage it does to the credibility of the sport?)

End of the day Singo has very little to lose, not sure about the rest of them.

All we need now is a few bodies found in a ditch and Underbelly has a new series written !!

latest is, Singo will apologise to Gai if Johns 'mans' up and tells all he embellished the story.......it boils down to this. If that is proven by admission we all move on with Gai exonerated on the loose lips to Tom accusation. Tom is then exonerated of gaining an advantage and it's all happy families again.

Gai will receive a kick up the arse from The Hat and a small fine for treating MJ and not telling him.

Supposition of course will be, a float will leave Strawberry Hills Stud bound for Tulloch Lodge with the cellmates to be repatriated. So same same is a probability. God help us all.

Apathy is the great Aussie sport, she'll be right mate' the catchphrase.

Stand by Kiwis'''''

Guest 2Admin2

My money is on Singo's horses not going back to Gai.  He has said more than once that he is uncomfortable with the connection between the stable mum and the bookie dad and son.