Griffin

Wellington Rugby Races

What are the chances of the Wellington committee being proactive and starting their meeting early/finishing early to get the punters to both the races and the rugby for the semi final at 4.30pm?

Put on a train?

Too Hard?

2 minutes ago, Griffin said:

What are the chances of the Wellington committee being proactive and starting their meeting early/finishing early to get the punters to both the races and the rugby for the semi final at 4.30pm?

Put on a train?

Too Hard?

Never too hard , simply couldn't care less , the term pro active left racing many moons ago .

But two things jump out at me , 1 not many will be going to the races to start with , 2 , given a choice most would pick the rugby anyway .

31 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

Rugby world wide or just NZ? Some of the crowds I’m seeing overseas are massive. 

If you put it World terms, Rugby is Dannevirke, Rugby League is Eketahuna and Football is New York

Be interesting to see how many turn up this week for the Hurricanes game, smart move playing a but earlier at this time of year, I find the term local derby rather amusing, it is a term used in English soccer, maybe other places and sports too for games played by two teams from same city, not Country.

13 minutes ago, Memphis3 said:

League would be Mangamahu 😀

Where’s Mangamahu? 
I’ve never heard of it and I am the ‘been everywhere man’ ….sorry lady. 
Liz