RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
  • Latest Posts

• All these issues arise from using standing starts to handicap horses. There are alternatives. We could adopt what the French do or we could lead the world by developing a mobile HCP system using technology (lasers etc). Why keep using a 100 year old method?
    • I watched that race as well, with the two horses out the back I thought it must have been a handicap race, it was not where I would have expected to see unruly horses, at no time were they actually lined up and standing. It used to be that there were only two reasons to be on the unruly, 1- the stipes sent you there as punishment for bad behavior, 2- trainers request, to get you away from the tape and have more room to get balanced and gaited without horses from behind unsettling you. Now we have a third reason, you don't want a stand, you want a mobile, and the starter and R?B will let you get away with it! The only horse that came close to a stand was the 1 horse, the outside 3 or 4 horse were one length in front of the inside horses on release, it's a misrepresentation to even call it a standing start. 
    • The two trainers I own horses with in Sydney are both set monthly fees all inclusive ….. $2200 per month 
    • Unhinged I agree this is a great model…. Transparent and honest…… and no management fees is unheard of here in the thoroughbred industry so well done… how do other owners at Diamond Racing feel when some get discounted fees to others…. Just asking….. you state already you wish you were on a similar rate….
    • Phil Holden - Chairman - Independent Director Cam Bray    - Vice-Chairman Todd Anderson,  Shaun Brooks,  John Coulam, Anna Gallien - (Indepedent Director), John Grainger, Bill McDonald Last years Annual Accounts showed the following; Phil Holden- Chair        Cam Bray- Vice John Coulam,  Robert Dunn,  Anna Gallien,  John Grainger,  Bill McDonald,  Kevin McNaught,       (Todd Anderson retired October 2022 ,  Colin Hair retired October 2022) In June 2022  Shaun Brooks, the ATC representative, resigned because of work commitments and was replaced by Robert Dunn, they appear to have swapped places again. Todd Anderson who retired in October 2022, has also reappeared and Kevin McNaught disappeared. Under the new rules for clubs, relating to electing Directors, ALL  Directors have to resign this year, although they can apply to be considered for re-election, if anybody wants them.  
    • Comparable to a few North Island stables that I'm aware of
    • How can you "train" a starter?       You can't learn that at school.      The authorities try to tell the starters what to do but they have never started a race full time to be an expert on the subject.      They can bring in ""experienced" drivers or trainers but again they never done it especially under race night conditions.      So it's an art that you can really "grow into".       They do have the occasional meetings between themselves and we can only hope they shar knowledge and tips this way.     We dont really want one person being a dictator do we?
    • Diamond Racing $70 per day ($490 per week)......thats excellent value for the top stable in the country ....good on ya Dunn family .....obviously not GREEDY and therefore getting an abundance of horses to fill the barns.....and with Johnny Dunn the most improved driver in the country the results are going to keep flowing in.
    • I won't disclose the arrangement the owners of absolute Dynamite get but I can tell you I don't know of any other trainers that would do it , so Dynamite give your friend a good slapping I'd love to be on the same deal but I understand the stable has to cover costs get my drift.
    • Currently Westview Racing has 4 horses in work we Currently charge 2500 a month all year around in work or not but that's getting very tight and will probably need to go up by 200, how does that compare with other Syndicates pretty reasonable but we take no commissions or fees and all horses have there own bank accounts and statements are sent out every six months.  As for daily charge at Diamond Racing Stables it's about 70 a day plus gst plus extras but evert time a horse is fast worked it's in behind a galloping pace maker and the results speak for themselves. They are not jogged up behind a truck .     ,    
    • Hey I never back the horses they are driving, only when someone else jumps on. But you bring up a valid point. Perhaps the Trevor Grants and Alan Clarkes are just happy running around  just getting the odd placing here or there instead of moving their horses up through the grades.
    • Daily rate…. Plus nebuliser….. plus massages…. Plus nasal strips at inflated price….. plus antiflam after every race…. Plus transport…. Plus blood tests….. plus joint injections…. Plus plus plus….. then 15% NZ GST….. Does not take long to add up to a grand total with all the add ons…..
    • 5,500 a month. That's roughly 170 a day. Seems rather high. I know some of those beach trainers have high overheads but 5,500 excessive me thinks and let's face it the beach boys get free track maintenance twice daily. Think the worst I heard was an owner getting charged for washing her horse when it raced at Addington. 
    • Nothing broken. Had a sore back. Pretty lucky I thought after having watched the incident. Listed to ride at Pukekohe on Wednesday.  
    • Geeeez guys .I know what your saying and probably right but these 2 guys do the hard yards at home,do the paying etc etc. They enjoy what they are doing and it's people like them that keep the game going. If you don't like the way they drive keep your money in your pocket. The sport is struggling re the loss of heaps(and I mean heaps) of owners and trainers. 
    • All very strange this aversion to AWT. Must admit thought they would be super for trainers allowing for good footing in winter. Seems trials are not too popular? Why?  I tried the odd bet early on but stopped as I could not find many winners, in fact stuff all. Still thought they were great for trainers, but trials cancelled? Cannot understand at all. You run at trials no need to go flat out, just run around to suit your horse.  Let's hear from a trainer, or owner please.
    • Having a throw at the stumps looking for some value. Without the knowledge of our good friend Stodge I might add…. Queen Anne - Trust Mr Haggas to have MALJOOM ready to go. Remember his unlucky run against Coroebus last year.  $13/3 FACTEUR CHEVAL $4 and ROYAL SCOTSMAN $18/4 others of interest. Coventry Camille Pissaro $6, The Actor $12/4, Symbol of Honour $18/5.  The interesting runner is Angelo Buonarroti a €1m Justify colt having its first start. King Charles Sticking with ASFOORA, her best will take her very close $7/2. Rogue Lightning $11/3 St James Henry Longfellow $5/2 and Notable Speech $2.50 Ascot Wide open event as many are - Zanndabad $6/2, Tritonic $13/4, Berkshire Rocco $ 17/5. (Kyle of Lochalsh an obvious one for me $15/4 but a dual acceptor in the last ) Wolferton  Mujitaba $15/4, Botanical $5/2, Israr $4/2, Torito $4/2 Copper Horse Naqueeb ( related to Baaeed and Hukum ) $14/4, Belloccio $4, and Party Central ( 3/3 third up ) $15/4.
    • Just looking through the fields and the prize money is interesting…. Queen Anne 1st: £425,325.00 2nd: £161,250.00 3rd £80,700.00 4th: £40,200.00 5th: £20,175.00 6th £10,125.00 Coventry  1st: £99,242.00 2nd: £37,625.00 3rd £18,830.00 4th £9,380.00 5th £4,708.00 6th £2,362.00 King Charles 1st: £390,094.00 2nd: £147,893.00 3rd £74,015.00 4th £36,870.00 5th £18,504.00 6th: £9,286.00 St James  1st: £390,094.00 2nd £147,893.00 3rd £74,015.00 4th £36,870.00 5th £18,503.00 6th £9,286.00 Ascot  1st: £56,694.00 2nd £26,587.00 3rd £13,299.00 4th £6,644.00 5th: £3,322.00 6th: £1,661.00 Wolferton 1st: £68,052.00 2nd: £25,800.00 3rd £12,912.00 4th: £6,432.00 5th £3,228.00 6th: £1,620.00 Copper Horse 1st: £56,694.00 2nd £26,587.00 3rd £13,299.00 4th £6,644.00 5th £3,322.00 6th: £1,661.00
    • First of all, 'Them' need to give a Flying F....  Then comes the question of "Them's' capabilty .... Scary stuff .... 
    • what latest on michael mcnab.cant find any updates
  • Like & Follow Us on Facebook

• RaceCafe News

• Featured Video

• Topics

• Disclaimer

While the owners and managers of RaceCafe endeavour to moderate and control the site and posts on it, they give no guarantee that posts are true and correct, and take no responsibility whatsoever for what individuals post on the site.

Posts do not necessarily reflect the sentiments, views or beliefs of Race Cafe or its owners and management.

The owners and managers of RaceCafe reserve the right to remove posts from the site and to provide details of members whose posts warrant scrutiny.