RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lindsay Joyce

SAVE GREYHOUND RACING NZ your only chance

YOU guys got rid of WINSTON PETERS   NZ First, DUMB MOVE

For you guys to have ANY chance of saving GREYHOUND racing, get off your ASS and vote NZ first.

We got RID of Mike Baird who tried to wipe greyhound racing in Ozzie, you guys need to band together, with

all the businesses associated with the dogs. If you just do nothing , your GONE

Its easy to get rid of the antis

If you cant comment positively here, don't bother .

On 6/22/2023 at 12:32 PM, Lindsay Joyce said:

YOU guys got rid of WINSTON PETERS   NZ First, DUMB MOVE

For you guys to have ANY chance of saving GREYHOUND racing, get off your ASS and vote NZ first.

We got RID of Mike Baird who tried to wipe greyhound racing in Ozzie, you guys need to band together, with

all the businesses associated with the dogs. If you just do nothing , your GONE

Its easy to get rid of the antis

If you cant comment positively here, don't bother .

Couple of things, how did we get rid of him ? .. I think you will find the country voted no. NZ first have had their chance. 

Also it's way bigger than any Minister.

And what is positive about your post 🤔

Right am I the only one here that will state greyhound racing isnt going here and is staying.

There are two reasons for my statement.

1 - Labour has pushed what ever they have wanted to in their current term. Really couldn't do it before the election?. That to me = bollocks and a middle finger to the one in green Chloe. Deals had been done.

2 - Entain I highly doubt signed up to a two code deal as I believe we out do harness. Greyhound racing is a huge, fast and good turnover for them and a very exportable code.

16 hours ago, lad27 said:

Right am I the only one here that will state greyhound racing isnt going here and is staying.

1 - Labour has pushed what ever they have wanted to in their current term. Really couldn't do it before the election?. That to me = bollocks and a middle finger to the one in green Chloe. Deals had been done.

2 - Entain I highly doubt signed up to a two code deal as I believe we out do harness. Greyhound racing is a huge, fast and good turnover for them and a very exportable code.

That doesn't make the code good, or solve the issues that have tarnished the industry 

On 6/27/2023 at 8:00 PM, lad27 said:

No you are not the only one.  I am with you.  A lot of scaremongering I feel.

On 6/23/2023 at 11:54 AM, Palliser said:

Couple of things, how did we get rid of him ? .. I think you will find the country voted no. NZ first have had their chance. 

Also it's way bigger than any Minister.

And what is positive about your post 🤔

another anti

On 6/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, shelley said:

Winston was a good Racing Minister but was with in with labour Govt

Who cares ?? you guys don't know the real picture.  VOITE HIM BACK IN for goodness sake, he prefers to govern alone. A decision had to be made.

Truth be known NATIONAL DID NOT WANT TO DEAL the ARROGANT idiots

I don't think any minister of racing will be able to help the greyhound code, and the industry only has itself to blame. Not sure that Winston will get in, nor somehow acquire the racing minister job. He has done some good things over many years, but think he needs to know when to move on. JMO.

3 hours ago, diesel said:

I don't think any minister of racing will be able to help the greyhound code, and the industry only has itself to blame. Not sure that Winston will get in, nor somehow acquire the racing minister job. He has done some good things over many years, but think he needs to know when to move on. JMO.

He will get back in but your right he won’t be racing minister. 

9 hours ago, diesel said:

Agree 100%. Winston is no saviours, and it seems some from within the sport itself would rather jut call anybody that disagrees with them an "anti" instead of actually working to make theor chosen sport safer. That will NOT go down well with those making the decisions going forwards. 

On 6/27/2023 at 6:57 PM, shelley said:

Winston was a good Racing Minister but was with in with labour Govt

I find it difficult with this type of response im sorry.

Too many people really don't have a clue and base there decisions carelessly.

Truth be know, National didn't want to deal with NZ Firsts main policies at ALL. they would NOT negotiate.

And when they did, their response was off, the most highest arrogance.. So they only had one choice Labour.

Now the Last election in NZ,   NZ first was out.

But you 450,000 Centre right NATS voted to KEEP JACINDA    

What did you say Lindsay ? read above again lol

get Winston and Shane back in  vote NZ First.

you watch

Greyhound racing in this country can't rely on who is in government. NZGRA need to pull their socks up, step up, and bloody well lead from the front. They need to be pro-active in every respect, have a bloody vision and goals, and not just react to everything and anything. That is what is needed to save Greyhound racing, not whoever is in power .. they whoever they are have no idea about the industry, in saying that I'm sad to say I can't name anyone currently that is showing leadership.

On 6/28/2023 at 12:22 PM, Palliser said:

That doesn't make the code good, or solve the issues that have tarnished the industry 

So, in some eyes it may seem but at the end the day the greyhound code is well and alive for the future. The improvement in the code has been big over the last 5-10yrs and only getting better.

GRNZ is pleased to announce that stakes will be increasing from 14 August 2023.

Thanks to the increased distributions from the TAB NZ and Entain strategic partnership, we will be injecting an additional $2 million into stakes next season. The effect of this is that the prizemoney for every single race will increase by $400.

Following GRNZ Board discussions, it has been decided that in every race:

• 1st will receive an extra $240
  • 2nd will receive an extra $100
  • 3rd will receive an extra $60

We have decided to distribute this across all classes of races, so that as many participants as possible will benefit from the increase, especially given the rising costs of living.

Over the next two months, we will also explore other promotional initiatives with TAB NZ and Entain, and will keep you updated on any further positive developments in this area.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:26 PM, lad27 said:

So, in some eyes it may seem but at the end the day the greyhound code is well and alive for the future. The improvement in the code has been big over the last 5-10yrs and only getting better.

GRNZ is pleased to announce that stakes will be increasing from 14 August 2023.

Thanks to the increased distributions from the TAB NZ and Entain strategic partnership, we will be injecting an additional $2 million into stakes next season. The effect of this is that the prizemoney for every single race will increase by $400.

Following GRNZ Board discussions, it has been decided that in every race:

• 1st will receive an extra $240
  • 2nd will receive an extra $100
  • 3rd will receive an extra $60

We have decided to distribute this across all classes of races, so that as many participants as possible will benefit from the increase, especially given the rising costs of living.

Over the next two months, we will also explore other promotional initiatives with TAB NZ and Entain, and will keep you updated on any further positive developments in this area.

How the hell is that an improvement .. get to the crux of the problem. Putting up stakes does f all to improve the industry