WhoKnows

Natalie Rasmussen

I'm a huge fan of the Purdon stable, but are they ever going to question Natalie over some of her pre-race interviews.

She told us tonight she was going to stay on the fence with Titan Banner and drive for luck, so the first chance she got she was off 3-wide and bolted in.

Then she said More The Better was a much better chance than Ultimate Machete, who destroyed him after being attacked in front over the last lap.

Ive noticed this a lot with her selections, and what she says is going to happen almost never does, I know she is in the untouchable stable but id like to see the stipes question her about some of her comments.

21 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I'm a huge fan of the Purdon stable, but are they ever going to question Natalie over some of her pre-race interviews.

She told us tonight she was going to stay on the fence with Titan Banner and drive for luck, so the first chance she got she was off 3-wide and bolted in.

Then she said More The Better was a much better chance than Ultimate Machete, who destroyed him after being attacked in front over the last lap.

Ive noticed this a lot with her selections, and what she says is going to happen almost never does, I know she is in the untouchable stable but id like to see the stipes question her about some of her comments.

Would make sense but would presenters then still be able to get her to do interviews?

14 hours ago, sheldon said:

It wouldn't have mattered how that race was run Ultimate Machete could have carried them all and still won  but yes Natalie does seem to talk up More the Bettor even tho Ultimate Machete keeps smashing him , 

All this smashing talk, think you comments better suited to the boxing tonite.

17 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Agree that you can't trust what she says pre race.

She also was talking down the chances of Spanish Armada fresh up by even saying that Smiley Sophie might beat it

I disagree with the comments re N.R I have found her comments very helpful usually.

I probably missed something but I did hear her thoughts on the 6 horse race. I did hear that S.Amada was vulnerable and labelled the eventual winner as the likely result.

Gave Titan Banner a good show also

3 hours ago, sheldon said:

This time next year Ultimate Machete could be the next Lazarus. He wasn't as dominant at 3 as the Machete 

Um im not sure if youre aware but 90% of the 3 yo major races haven't actually occurred yet. So maybe wait before you make calls like that.

also In my opinion this is an incredibly weak crop of 3yr olds

9 hours ago, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

Um im not sure if youre aware but 90% of the 3 yo major races haven't actually occurred yet. So maybe wait before you make calls like that.

Totally agree with this comment, sometimes people can get a we bit carried away early on in a horses career, as we know anything can happen in racing. Time will tell.I can see the machete certainly has one ultimate fan.

4 hours ago, Shad said:

Totally agree with this comment, sometimes people can get a we bit carried away early on in a horses career, as we know anything can happen in racing. Time will tell.I can see the machete certainly has one ultimate fan.

Well time will tell who is right and let's hope some 3 yr olds do come out of the woodwork otherwise it's going to get a bit of bore at the moment. 

2 hours ago, sheldon said:

Well time will tell who is right and let's hope some 3 yr olds do come out of the woodwork otherwise it's going to get a bit of bore at the moment. 

Agree the more the better, makes the racing more exciting when the top horses are fighting out a close finish.

On 16/12/2016 at 11:31 PM, Alittlebitofknowledge said:

A good debate going on here.

I actually think the 3 yr old crop this year is very strong, given that in the Sires Stakes Final on Cup day they broke the all comers N.Z Record/World Record for 1950 metres. That time was bettered on Show day by Lazarus, but he is a bit above average isn't he.

I do believe there a good nucleus of horses that will make the three old races interesting, and as mentioned by others, there are ones that have still to come out of the woodwork. I hasten to say, probably Purdon/ Rasmussen stable.

In regards to last Friday nights race, More Than Better went over half a second quicker for his last mile than any other runner in the field, and Jack's Legend has not actually turned three yet, so he should have some improvement in him to come.

Cheers.

Robert.

I always thought Tiger  Thimpson had a huge motor and could threaten the All Stars but I believe he's having a spell . More the Bettor is now being driven for luck which suggests he may not have progressed much from 2 and Ultimate Machete is clearly more than bettor than More than Bettor so far , Star Galliera is also a serious racehorse and it will be great to see him back . With his high speed  he could have pushed Machete the last 2 weeks when they didn't go that hard for the whole race 

7 hours ago, sheldon said:

I always thought Tiger  Thimpson had a huge motor and could threaten the All Stars but I believe he's having a spell . More the Bettor is now being driven for luck which suggests he may not have progressed much from 2 and Ultimate Machete is clearly more than bettor than More than Bettor so far , Star Galliera is also a serious racehorse and it will be great to see him back . With his high speed  he could have pushed Machete the last 2 weeks when they didn't go that hard for the whole race 

Star Galleria I beleive  is injured and even if he was around and racing and 100 per cent he wouldn't get within cooee of ultimate Machete.

For some unknown reason the All Stars stable horses can do what no other horses from the top stables.

Titan Banner sat parked outside Christen Me the other night, looked to be beaten and went rough and yet can keep going and beat open class horses.

Just don't know how they can be so superior to others and no time in harness history in Australasia has one stable had so many top horses that can perform like horses aren't meant to be able to perform.

There doesn't seem to be any bottom to them, and other trainers are so puzzled and wonder what they are doing less,than the All Stars??

10 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Star Galleria I beleive  is injured and even if he was around and racing and 100 per cent he wouldn't get within cooee of ultimate Machete.

For some unknown reason the All Stars stable horses can do what no other horses from the top stables.

Titan Banner sat parked outside Christen Me the other night, looked to be beaten and went rough and yet can keep going and beat open class horses.

Just don't know how they can be so superior to others and no time in harness history in Australasia has one stable had so many top horses that can perform like horses aren't meant to be able to perform.

There doesn't seem to be any bottom to them, and other trainers are so puzzled and wonder what they are doing less,than the All Stars??

Have to agree, i have always wondered how many horses they turnover in the course of time, its very hard to find one group winner, let alone multiple ones, we never seem to see any tried  horses go to other stables for racing.One answer i guess we will never know. There record speaks for itself, no denying that.

I think a lot of their success is due to the yearling selections , they seem to be able to see what other trainers can't. 

Mark Purdon  hasn't always spent the most money and doesn't seem to let ego get in the way and is happy to walk away in the bidding duels whereas some of the other trainers don't , I suppose it's easy when those trainers aren't spending their own money,

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Have to agree, i have always wondered how many horses they turnover in the course of time, its very hard to find one group winner, let alone multiple ones, we never seem to see any tried  horses go to other stables for racing.One answer i guess we will never know. There record speaks for itself, no denying that.

Never see any All Stars horses tried at other stables, what are you talking about? Hug The Wind was formerly trained by Purdon/Rasmussen now with B. Purdon and has raced well since moving north, including running third in Friday's Franklin Cup. On the same programme, another former All Stars horse, Arden's Choice, now trained by B. Purdon ran third in the Queen of Hearts. This mare has also raced well since leaving the Purdon/Rasmussen stable. And let's not forget Christen Me, formerly trained by M. Purdon, but went to Cran Dalgety and has won many races and millions of dollars. There are other examples if you take the time to look instead of making wild unsubstantiated claims.

20 minutes ago, Thejanitor said:

Never see any All Stars horses tried at other stables, what are you talking about? Hug The Wind was formerly trained by Purdon/Rasmussen now with B. Purdon and has raced well since moving north, including running third in Friday's Franklin Cup. On the same programme, another former All Stars horse, Arden's Choice, now trained by B. Purdon ran third in the Queen of Hearts. This mare has also raced well since leaving the Purdon/Rasmussen stable. And let's not forget Christen Me, formerly trained by M. Purdon, but went to Cran Dalgety and has won many races and millions of dollars. There are other examples if you take the time to look instead of making wild unsubstantiated claims.

Yes there have been quite a few, including The Royal GArden that won several races from out of Athens Dunn stable at Woodend.

Generally I would say Mark would offload them as he would think that they would not be economical to race out of his stable due to his training costs which I have heard are substantially higher than any other trainer in Canterbury at least.

AllStars seem to only persevere with horses that show real ability and hopefully pay their way, and have no problem with that for the owners.

We also don't know how many other horses that the Allstars have trained and gone to other trainers before they have raced!

6 hours ago, Thejanitor said:

Fair comment, but two you name have gone to another purdon anyway, and yes there may have been others that i don't know about, but i didnt think my thoughts were wild or unsubstantiated, just a few of my thoughts, and i don't mind to be corrected, after all thats what this site is about.